• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: South Africa vs. USA (07/10/2015)

I really like Lambie. He has BMT, and flair. He just needs constant game time. And a bit of love from the coach.

Handre Pollard and Morne Steyn has bigger BMT than Lambie. That kick in last year's match against NZ would have meant nothing if Handre Pollard didn't score 2 tries earlier in the match, but it seems like everyone forgot about that...

All I can say is that South Africa didn't play that well. Too many mistakes :/

I really like Lambie. He has BMT, and flair. He just needs constant game time. And a bit of love from the coach.
Lambie's fine, and he is reliable but I don't think he has much flair.

Lambie is now 24 and has had 47 caps for the Bokke, he's had more than enough opportunity to establish himself as the starting 10, but he's just not good enough. I'm fine with him as someone to close-out games and cover fullback and fly-half from the bench. Pollard is flawed but he's 21, and has managed to do enough to displace all of the incumbent fly-halves. In an ideal world he would be the fly-half in weighting behind a Dan Carter, or a Jonny Sexton but he's the best we have at the moment so we should play him.

Steyn played fine but he also got the ball more than Pollard, Paige passed to Steyn a lot, probably unwilling to take decision making duties (fair enough). Also his kicking wasn't great where Pollard is kicking great at the moment.

Pollard looks pretty damn fine to me every time he plays, the kid has an old head on his shoulders and kicks like a demon.
Lambie is a fantastic back up 10
The Boks are looking all good at first five.

Any thoughts on the USA vs South Africa game?

http://www.americanrugbyworld.com/usa-eagles-fall-to-south-africa-in-rugby-world-cup-match/

As a glass half full kind of guy... I like to think that this experience has been positive for the Eagles. We have a good group of guys with a RWC under their belt now that are likely to see the next tournament in 4 years. It was a butt kicking, but a lesson learned.

One thing I disagree with is Mike Tolkin's content attitude in his post interview. he was happy with first half play? they were down throughout the whole game.

It's one thing to learn some hard taught lessons but to be happy with it and not worry about the score... I'm not too fond of that style of coaching. <_<

First off, on behalf of the Republic of South Africa, I want to apologize for the comments that have been made by some of the people we have for politicians in this country (not sure if it even made the news over there). Hopefully, along with this result, it brings some type of awareness to the game in your country.

Think there would be a collective gulp by t1 rugby nations if the USA started taking rugby seriously.

Agree about the coach, you would at least expect some sign of urgency after being held off the scoreboard.

http://www.americanrugbyworld.com/usa-eagles-fall-to-south-africa-in-rugby-world-cup-match/

As a glass half full kind of guy... I like to think that this experience has been positive for the Eagles. We have a good group of guys with a RWC under their belt now that are likely to see the next tournament in 4 years. It was a butt kicking, but a lesson learned.

One thing I disagree with is Mike Tolkin's content attitude in his post interview. he was happy with first half play? they were down throughout the whole game.

It's one thing to learn some hard taught lessons but to be happy with it and not worry about the score... I'm not too fond of that style of coaching.

Sorry formatting keeps getting screwed.

Was wanting to link you the thread dedicated to that particular game which should provide a few varied opinions:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/36522-2015-RWC-Pool-B-South-Africa-vs-USA-(07-10-2015)

Last edited:
It was a really hard tournament for the Eagles, but I hope they can keep building the game at home and get regular games with Canada, Uruguay (possibly the Pumas) and Japan. More regular international fixtures will give them something to build towards.

Not one yellow to the US if I remember correct. They are disciplined. My respect.

Latest posts