• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: South Africa vs. Samoa (26/09/2015)

I have to say I'm not too impressed with the officials here. I'm a neutral fan & SAs 4th try was clearly not grounded, well held up by two Samoan hands. Then for the Samoan try that never was directly after there's no way they have a conclusive angle to say the penultimate pass was forward. The former wasn't even looked at and the latter debated for minutes and still wrong. Rugby really needs to take its lead from American Football on this, we need more camera angles and EVERY score needs to be reviewed. Trial by television does work and it shouldn't be an issue how many minutes are added as long as the correct decisions are made. Look at how much time is added for re-set scrums - people like Inverdale complaining about time are missing the point.

I have to say I'm not too impressed with the officials here. I'm a neutral fan & SAs 4th try was clearly not grounded, well held up by two Samoan hands. Then for the Samoan try that never was directly after there's no way they have a conclusive angle to say the penultimate pass was forward. The former wasn't even looked at and the latter debated for minutes and still wrong. Rugby really needs to take its lead from American Football on this, we need more camera angles and EVERY score needs to be reviewed. Trial by television does work and it shouldn't be an issue how many minutes are added as long as the correct decisions are made. Look at how much time is added for re-set scrums - people like Inverdale complaining about time are missing the point.
Wrong on every point.

Nice stuff from the Saffers. Real pleasure to see quick hands out wide, especially for Pietersen's second. Impressed by 9 & 14 throughout the match - smart and alert - 15 was good, but their best was 12 in offence and defence. They have a problem at 10. Apart from that the pack was good (bit of white line fever around 75 mins), so recovery from Japan achieved and world domination is back in the cards.

Samoa 15 is a superb player. Pity that brilliant try was disallowed. And you can see why Samoa 10 was subbed.

Last edited:
Wrong on every point.

Nice stuff from the Saffers. Real pleasure to see quick hands out wide, especially for Pietersen's second. Impressed by 9 & 14 throughout the match - smart and alert - 15 was good, but their best was 12 in offence and defence. They have a problem at 10. Apart from that the pack was good, so recovery from Japan achieved and world domination is back in the cards.

Samoa 15 is a superb player. Pity that brilliant try was disallowed. And you can see why Samoa 10 was subbed.

15 is Tim Nani Williams, plays for the Chiefs and Counties Manakau.

It only counts because no other team have looked convincing against chaff.

Chaff is still chaff and cannot be compared to quality.
Ireland have looked better than other teams (except Scotland ) for despatching chaff, lets see how they get on against France to see who is going to take on Argentina or the All Blacks.
It's the big games that dictate how teams are going and on todays performance the Boks look like they are ready to take on anyone and go for Gold.

Chaff is still chaff and cannot be compared to quality.
Ireland have looked better than other teams (except Scotland ) for despatching chaff, lets see how they get on against France to see who is going to take on Argentina or the All Blacks.
It's the big games that dictate how teams are going and on todays performance the Boks look like they are ready to take on anyone and go for Gold.

Gee, the Bokke don't look that good, they had a hard time punishing a poor Samoa.

The bonus points collected by Scotland and SA will probably see them through at the end, narrowly edging Japan.

Japan must hope for Scotland to at least tie SA to have a chance to advance.

The bonus points collected by Scotland and SA will probably see them through at the end, narrowly edging Japan.

Japan must hope for Scotland to at least tie SA to have a chance to advance.

Scotland will get humped by SA IMO.

The Samoa V Scotland game will be key.

Japan will get a
TBP win V USA Gives them (9 points)
Samoa will be 50/50

Scotland
Will get a try bonus point against USA (10 points)
Will lose by more than 7 against SA (10 points)
Samoa is 50/50

Samoa games are all 50/50 games now but that lack of TBP against USA will cost them.

Lets hope you don't do a Richie McCaw in the world cup ^_^

A 'Richie McCaw' haha, meaning after winning the world cup will be solidified as the greatest player all time and will introduce a new religious belief system under his name. I pray to the higher being, his name 'Richie McCaw'.

A 'Richie McCaw' haha, meaning after winning the world cup will be solidified as the greatest player all time and will introduce a new religious belief system under his name. I pray to the higher being, his name 'Richie McCaw'.

:lol:

Yeah that.

But seriously a great player and a pity he will not be back in SA again :(

Scotland will get humped by SA IMO.

The Samoa V Scotland game will be key.

Japan will get a
TBP win V USA Gives them (9 points)
Samoa will be 50/50

Scotland
Will get a try bonus point against USA (10 points)
Will lose by more than 7 against SA (10 points)
Samoa is 50/50

Samoa games are all 50/50 games now but that lack of TBP against USA will cost them.

Samoa-Scotland isn't 50/50 anymore, it's 65/35 for the Scots. Samoa looked really really poor so far.

And no way SA will run over Scotland either.

Samoa-Scotland isn't 50/50 anymore, it's 65/35 for the Scots. Samoa looked really really poor so far.

And no way SA will run over Scotland either.

Yeah man it'll be a tight one. SA have rediscovered their inner rhino and put their inner donkey to the glue factory. I love to see the Scots do well however.

Whether or not that try was illegal we would have scored in that last 15 minutes of that game, you were terrible, like nearly every game since you last beat England in 2014 ;)

Oi I was at the one game . Won by 2 points :mellow: A win is a win ok. Thank god Lambie can kick.

See you soon:mad: