• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: South Africa vs. Samoa (26/09/2015)

I was hoping for at least a competitive game to while away a Saturday afternoon and perhaps one with some god rugby also.............what a fool I am!!

@Kiwi_ Congrats...........very fact I noticed shows the watchability of this match!!

Vic Crowe (a Villa Captain in the fifties) and Doug Ellis would be turning in their graves!!

......."attempting a penalty from somewhere near Sutton Coldfield"...........quote of the RWC so far!!

Barnes issuing a warning for going down too easily. TBH I think Tualangi was very lucky not to get a reversed penelty there and possible yellow himself.

Trying to dummy the ref for a proffessinal foul is pretty poor form.

Still some small mistakes. I like Wayne Barnes, such a chilled ref :p

Some beautiful play from Le Roux here. Makes such a difference having him in the team.

If anyone tries to start singing sweet chariot next week at the Italy match I'm going to molest them...

Du Preez and De Allende have made a big difference but I don't see any top 8 side being scared by this performance.

If anyone tries to start singing sweet chariot next week at the Italy match I'm going to molest them...

Shows who bought all the tickets...................If Ireland ever get the RWC maybe you would get the chance to do the old Fields of Athenry?!!

Strong intelligent rugby from Saaafrikka
The Samoans have been their own worst enemy.
Not one but two penalties that did not find touch.
Unforgivable.
Not an idea of how to change up the lineout so they keep giving the ball to Matfield.
One hand too many too often in the ruck so the penalty count takes the game away from them.
Discipline and execution issues.
This Samoa team may well struggle against an organised Scotland.
Well played by South Africa, quality comeback from the shock defeat.

Last edited:
Don't want to sound arrogant but Samoa look tired if you know what I mean ? :huh:

Edit: They just need more energy/drive IMO

For me it seems that Samoa player managed to put hand under the ball..

Don't take it away from the staffers, they have poured white hot pressure on Samoa in this game and the Samoans didn't come up with the right answers when they could have made it easier on themselves and kept the game a lot closer on the scoreboard.
The Boks are back and it's good for the tournament.

Was that really a try? Looked to me that the samoan had his hand under the ball

Don't want to sound arrogant but Samoa look tired if you know what I mean ? :huh:

Edit: They just need more energy/drive IMO
more energy? in what way? before burger's try they scrambled well to keep habana out. SA just too good atm and samoa arent helping themselves with the way theyre performing.

Latest posts