• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Scotland (10/10/2015)

Good post Will.

I'm also very concerned at the error strewn performances - basic handling errors, poor at re-starts and giving away needless turnovers and penalties. We actually defended really well against Japan but haven't been able to maintain that level since. Apart from good second halves against Japan and the USA I don't think we've clicked yet and the backs haven't had too much opportunity to show what they can do. It's all going to have to come together pretty fast if we're going to give the Aussies a good game.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest, I think if Scotland went on to win the RWC it would never be enough for some. Scotland did exactly what they needed to do to qualify from this group. What changed a bit this time around is that we caught a break or two, but frankly, some of the suggestions I've read on here about refereeing benefitting us is ridiculous. Sure, Wilson could have picked up a red card for his actions, but the counter to that is that the absence of any cards for repeated Samoan offences more than makes up for that, IMHO. Samoa entertained all of us, but it takes two to tango, and I feel Scotland did their level best to entertain too. There is no doubt in my mind that the best two teams qualified from this group. As for Japan, they were good, but they weren't that good. They're also capable of some pretty cynical rugby. The refereeing of the scrums was frankly dire last night. The Japanese tighthead only had to lie down all night to catch another penalty. Even when the ref changed sides and could see it with his own eyes, he still couldn't see it. There wer more than a few neck rolls too, but all that being said they were a very entertaining, innovative rugby team. No more than that though.

I'm under no illusions as to how far we're likely to go in this competition, but it would be nice to think some could let go of petty bitterness and lend some support. After all, we're Better Together, right?

Scotland played well all tournament, I really enjoyed all their games. Pool B was really a pool of death. Any 4 teams could have made the knockout stage.

I don't like to be negative,i just cant see us beating Australia, mind you ill still be shouting like a nutter for us to win

I don't like to be negative,i just cant see us beating Australia, mind you ill still be shouting like a nutter for us to win

Why not? You saw Japan beat South Africa. It happened. It does once in a while. A lot of it is mindset.

Does Samoa team have players from American Samoa? As far as I know American Football is popular in American Samoa.

Latest posts