• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Scotland (10/10/2015)

Was hoping samoa's decision to not kick their goal just before half time wouldn't prove costly. Great effort by both teams!

ffs, talk about bitter. Have a good cryHowever r blanket.

WTF I'm neutral unbiased I just want the constructive team to win what ever game . However all credit to Scotland for winning that game all be it against the run of play.

WTF I'm neutral unbiased I just want the constructive team to win what ever game . However all credit to Scotland for winning that game all be it against the run of play.

Ok, you can put the guiness down now.

What a fantastic game, enjoyed every minute of it, Samoa were superb in their running skills but Scotland just kept coming back again and again. Well done Scotland, it's great you've made the quarter finals. Looking forward to your match with Australia hope you do a better job than us!

What a fantastic game, enjoyed every minute of it, Samoa were superb in their running skills but Scotland just kept coming back again and again. Well done Scotland, it's great you've made the quarter finals. Looking forward to your match with Australia hope you do a better job than us!

Quality of rugby in this WC has been good . Methinks the nature of the Pro rugby especially in Scotland Wales and Ireland has developed a group of players who know each others game . Scotland has 17 Glasgow Warriors in a pool of 31 .

Quality of rugby in this WC has been good . Methinks the nature of the Pro rugby especially in Scotland Wales and Ireland has developed a group of players who know each others game . Scotland has 17 Glasgow Warriors in a pool of 31 .

So how can we shock the Wallabies in the QF?

The sad thing about this match is that Scotland will get 7.5 million pounds for the RWC, while Samoa gets 150k pounds.

Well, I don't want to sound like a dour Jock, but given how the Criminal Element are playing we're lining up to get a proper pummelling. The only way I can see us winning is to have every skirt-wearing, haggis-munching borderline alcoholic performing rain dances from now until the game. Kill the game, drag the free-running Crims into the mud, reduce what should be an exciting display of aggressive running rugby into a 3-pointer snorefest and grind out an ugly, ghastly win.

Really selling the game there huh? Realistically though, even with our backs improving as they are, we're so far below the Convicts' standard that those cop-dodgers will slice apart our defence at a speed like they were avoiding a court summons if we try and play creatively.

Well, I don't want to sound like a dour Jock, but given how the Criminal Element are playing we're lining up to get a proper pummelling. The only way I can see us winning is to have every skirt-wearing, haggis-munching borderline alcoholic performing rain dances from now until the game. Kill the game, drag the free-running Crims into the mud, reduce what should be an exciting display of aggressive running rugby into a 3-pointer snorefest and grind out an ugly, ghastly win.

Really selling the game there huh? Realistically though, even with our backs improving as they are, we're so far below the Convicts' standard that those cop-dodgers will slice apart our defence at a speed like they were avoiding a court summons if we try and play creatively.

This guy knows what he's talking about. A snooze fest is Scotlands best chance.

Great post :)
I've seen all Scotland games. A good team, a lot of talent. Might be closer than you think. You guys were really under assault today from Samoa. Held it together well

I'm just back home from a weekend in Newcastle for the game, and whilst I haven't yet watched the game in closer detail on the tv yet I have to say that was pretty poor from Scotland yesterday, especially in the first half. Defensively we were a mess. I think there were something like 20 dropped tackles in the first half alone. Some of the simple passes going astray from players you would expect so much more from as well were also worth pulling your hair out over. It's all very well there being a more effective attacking game from Scotland now from years gone past, but if it's going to be at such a great cost to their previously solid defence then it's slightly worrying.

I watch most of the Scotland team play for Glasgow on a regular basis and also watch the Edinburgh players often and I know that they can all perform much better than they did yesterday. Ultimately I think it came down to attitude and Scotland's attitude yesterday was poor and nowhere near on a par with Samoa. If they Scotland players turned up with an air of arrogance yesterday then it was very much undeserved. As much as big Vern was diplomatic in the post game interviews I'm sure in private he'll let the players know his true feelings.

And as for previous posts where no doubt some posters have considered themselves wonderfully witty and clever, making posts clearly looking for a reaction (and then complaining when they get one), well it's hardly knew to online forums. It's unortunate though that when rugby fans generally like to consider themselves above the petty antagonistic behaviour of football fans (for example) that it's such a big thing here. We are all guilty on occasion of biting and writing a wee cheeky comment now and again but some do seem to take a particular bitterness to it. Whatever makes them happy though I suppose.

And as for previous posts where no doubt some posters have considered themselves wonderfully witty and clever, making posts clearly looking for a reaction (and then complaining when they get one), well it's hardly knew to online forums. It's unortunate though that when rugby fans generally like to consider themselves above the petty antagonistic behaviour of football fans (for example) that it's such a big thing here. We are all guilty on occasion of biting and writing a wee cheeky comment now and again but some do seem to take a particular bitterness to it. Whatever makes them happy though I suppose.

It's been a pretty charged world cup in that respect Will, particularly in the 'pool of death'! I think that a small number of fans may have been guilty of taking some good hearted banter to a different and offensive level at times. And not just on the forum. I hope it remains a small few as I've met some great fans at the Cardiff fanzone and it's all been good hearted.

All the best against the OZ. Scotland will need to sort out their defence or it could be a long afternoon!

All the best against the OZ. Scotland will need to sort out their defence or it could be a long afternoon!

I'll be honest, I am slightly worried about it. No one expects Scotland to win against what appears to be possibly the best side of the tournament so far, but we've got to give them a game and for that our attitude has to seriously improve.

It's been a pretty charged world cup in that respect Will, particularly in the 'pool of death'! I think that a small number of fans may have been guilty of taking some good hearted banter to a different and offensive level at times. And not just on the forum. I hope it remains a small few as I've met some great fans at the Cardiff fanzone and it's all been good hearted.

I've been lucky enough to make it to Leeds for the USA game and Newcastle this weekend for the Samoa game and I've had a great time meeting mostly USA fans & England fans and there have been quite a few beers shared along the way. It just sems that on a forum people say things/comments that they would never say to someone face to face. Not least they expected a sore one in return at the very least.

Last edited:

Latest posts