• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Japan (03/10/2015)

The Japan number 8 is probably my break through player of the tournament, so much power..

He didn't call them for having hands in the ruck after it was formed in the second half. Inconsistent there.

Still love that Japan play rugby as teams did in the 90s and early 00s with such success!

Samoa have probably been the most disappointing team of the tournament.

Mafi getting injured was a large part of Japans collapse vs Scotland.

Imagine this ridiculous scenario:

-Japan wins this one without bonus.
-SA loses to Scots with losing bonus.
-SA beats USA with bonus.
-Japan beats USA without bonus.

Final Standings:
SA 13 (2W 2L)
Japan 12 (3W 1L)

someone tell me this! why? is a South African referee, refereeing in a Pool that includes South Africa..!?

Any chances of japan getting 2 more tries for the bonus point? Id say no but they've been unpredictable so far lol

Well then, no one seems to be having a pop at some of the smaller teams and in the spirit of hopeful ignorance here goes one for Japan:

Michael Leitch: The Kiwi born flanker has been there since his teens and captains the side. Anyone who follows the Chiefs know about his season this year? Anyway the top flight rugby experience should be invaluable.

Ayumu Goromaru: Talismanic fullback with a good boot. Was crucial to the win over Wales in 2013 and can be a dangerous runner (ask Romania or Georgia).

Toshiaki Hirose: Deadly winger with an ability to playmake in the middle of the park as well. Keeps opposition guessing.

Amanaki Mafi: Big ball carrying number 8. Can get over the gainline against most teams.

And controversially for the last place...

The coaching team: Eddie Jones has won the TriNations, world cup finalist with Australia, technical advisor to world cup winning Springboks as well as helping Japan put in some big performances against top teams. Lost narrowly against Wales and then beat convincingly (a second string side but still featuring Liam Williams, Owen Williams, Biggar, Bradley Davies etc). Former England captain Steve Borthwick as lineout/forwards coach, former France hooker Marc Dal Maso and former Wales assistant coach Leigh Jones in charge of defence.

This coaching team knows how to do the business over big teams. Samoa, Scotland and the USA all there for the taking and South Africa is a good opportunity to test themselves.en beat convincingly (a second string side but still featuring Liam Williams, Owen Williams, Biggar, Bradley Davies etc). Former England captain Steve Borthwick as lineout/forwards coach, former France hooker Marc Dal Maso and former Wales assistant coach Leigh Jones in charge of defence.

This coaching team knows how to do the business over big teams. Samoa, Scotland and the USA all there for the taking and South Africa is a good opportunity to test themselves.

Posted this before the World Cup in the five vital players thread. Do I get hailed as the messiah now?

Posted this before the World Cup in the five vital players thread. Do I get hailed as the messiah now?

Nah just an arrogant self promoting poop face.

Puts you in the the running of the most arrogant poster in the most arrogant Rugby Forum about the most arrogant Rugby World Cup, though.

Because he's a neutral for this game. Simple as that.

Bit of a chewed response I was simply asking. Not a neutral in the general public eyes. But has been an awesome ref today about bloomin time he has stopped the illegal tackles from Samoa. Great display by Japan

I'll be in Hong Kong for the quarter finals, can you recommend any good places to watch the game? I heard The Canny Man is good, run by expats and the Kowloon Rugby club etc.. I'm mid 20's so I also want to have a good night out, not just sit in a pub and yarn.

Latest posts