• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Japan (03/10/2015)

Actually want Scotland to win later just because I thin Japan deserve to make the QFs. I think the 4day turnaround was massively unfair.

Great half from Japan. They fully deserve that lead. Samoa have been abject. No discipline, hardly any ball retention and some poor tackling.

There you go, Joubert finally let the teams play and Bang! Japan can score a try on their own without Samoa being whistled out of the game.
The Penalty try was an appalling decision.
The no.1 had to go for sure but the first player yellow carded was harsh as well.
The penalties for offside might be considered reasonable if Wayne Barnes could have seen that Argentina were a metre offside against the AB's at Wembley on four phases in a row. But he didn't and now it appears that Joubert wants to ping blue at any and every opportunity.
This has been another game ruined by whistle happy refereeing.
BORE ING Craig.
Just red card them and save us any doubts.
Gift the game to the Japs and lets move on to the safer game.
A penalty yes but the scrum had miles to go. Quick draw McGraw and this match is over before it started.
WE all want the next hosts to do well, but let them do it under their own steam.

I just love watching this Japanese team play rugby

Get Japan in the Rugby Chamionship. Imagine how much they could progress with regular high quality matches.

Get Japan in the Rugby Chamionship. Imagine how much they could progress with regular high quality matches.

Not yet.. Maybe you can take them in the 6N, they're more your level.

Meow

- - - Updated - - -

They already beaten a rugby championship team in SA , they lost to a 6/nations team in scotland so maybe they are more your level just saying..

Meow

- - - Updated - - -

They already beaten a rugby championship team in SA , they lost to a 6/nations team in scotland so maybe they are more your level just saying..

Didn't they beat you last time they played you? Meow just sayin'

Didn't they beat you last time they played you? Meow just sayin'

Yeah during the welsh lions tour! Although I will say SA had a fair portion of their first team out

Yeah during the welsh lions tour! Although I will say SA had a fair portion of their first team out

SA also lost to Argentina this year, they won't be that bad again, lessons learned for them. Japan should be added in 4 years time when they have developed more depth and their Super Rugby team is well established, right now they don't have the depth, a few injuries and they are exposed badly.

SA also lost to Argentina this year, they won't be that bad again, lessons learned for them. Japan should be added in 4 years time when they have developed more depth and their Super Rugby team is well established, right now they don't have the depth, a few injuries and they are exposed badly.

I think scotland stand a good chance against SA today

Yeah they do, SA are not the force they used to be, look how many games they have lost in their last 10 matches outside of the RWC. Once HM is sacked, they can begin rebuilding, they have potential.

Samoa are so ill disciplined , just keep knocking these points over japan

- - - Updated - - -

Good defensive composure from Japan there. excellent scrum again

Is it just me or have all Japan's games been the most fun to watch. They're the best team to watch easily in this RWC so far

And that, kids, is why you don't tackle with your face. Unless you're Jaques Burger.

23 minutes to go and the game is already finished.
Japan are too good and they are fun to watch but all the whistle from Joubert killed this as a contest in the first half, I'm off to make dinner, nothing left to watch here except Joubert guiding the next hosts to an easy victory.

Shame that you completely miss the point, just for a little pathetic muscle flexing.
My point was that with regular rugby (and the fact that AUS, NZ, ARG are closer for them than Europe) we could have another top tier rugby nation regularly competing, which would be great for rugby as a whole.

I would love that to be the case but VC is putting in a average squad focusing, he seems to be focusing on the Samoa game more. Dependent on luck in the past 2 games and that fact they are not awesome tactical teams. I think Boks will dominate. I hope I am wrong!

Latest posts