• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Japan (03/10/2015)

This tournament is going to be much the poorer if Japan goes out.

Bit of a chewed response I was simply asking. Not a neutral in the general public eyes. But has been an awesome ref today about bloomin time he has stopped the illegal tackles from Samoa. Great display by Japan

He's not a neutral at all but he didn't look like he was trying to do Samoa any favours.

Nah just an arrogant self promoting poop face.

Puts you in the the running of the most arrogant poster in the most arrogant Rugby Forum about the most arrogant Rugby World Cup, though.

You're in dangerous territory. With my supernatural powers of prediction all it will take are a few words and Leicester Tigers are getting relegated.

I'll be in Hong Kong for the quarter finals, can you recommend any good places to watch the game? I heard The Canny Man is good, run by expats and the Kowloon Rugby club etc.. I'm mid 20's so I also want to have a good night out, not just sit in a pub and yarn.

I'd get down Happy Valley RFC. Best atmosphere and you're super close to Victoria/Central to go and have a few beers. Either that or Kila/The Canny Man depending on your Irish/Scottish affiliation but both are good fun.

You're in dangerous territory. With my supernatural powers of prediction all it will take are a few words and Leicester Tigers are getting relegated.

I'd get down Happy Valley RFC. Best atmosphere and you're super close to Victoria/Central to go and have a few beers. Either that or Kila/The Canny Man depending on your Irish/Scottish affiliation but both are good fun.

I'm staying on upper Nathan Road. I know Hong Kong like their Rugby, so looking forward to celebrating an All Black victory there ;)

I think Samoa need a Kiwi coach to help them get more organised and more disciplined like they were at the last RWC when they nearly toppled a couple of top sides.
They are way under par for what they can bring to the table.

Last edited:
I think Samoa need a Kiwi coach to help them get more organised and more disciplined like they were at the last RWC when they nearly toppled a couple of top sides.
They are way under par for what they can bring to the table.

Everyone needs a Kiwi coach mate, we have the best :D Apart from the honorable Eddie Jones.

They need that fat idiot prime minister to stop strutting around the island like he's the coach and some type of rugby expert sent here by some intergalactic force. It'd also help if the funding and donations went on...yknow...rugby.

I'm staying on upper Nathan Road. I know Hong Kong like their Rugby, so looking forward to celebrating an All Black victory there ;)

Both Kila and The Canny Man are close then. Just get yourself Island side and whichever you go to will be nuts. The Canny Man is rowdier I'd say. Kila is closer to Lan Kwai Fong (if you're in the mood for a good night out)!

I'm so jealous. Should be thronging.

Weren't you also going to France soon as well? And you're from Queenstown, the mostly costly place in NZ outside of Auckland! You must be rolling in it!

Weren't you also going to France soon as well? And you're from Queenstown, the mostly costly place in NZ outside of Auckland! You must be rolling in it!

Yep, I go to Hong Kong on the 14th, land in London on the 19th (hopefully get to the Semi-Final, depending if we make it or not), then moving to Nice France on the 2nd of Nov. Good to know you've been keeping tabs on me ;) Hoping to get to a few Toulon matches and see Nonu playing.

What a night! My wife and I have been in our local izakaya,,,,like a japanse Pub..we had a bit of raw fish, some great sake and watched the game. Samoa are no fools,,,,but Japan were so good!! Tanaka was majestic,,,! I have been in heaven,,,,sake, with a beautiful woman,,,,and rugby! Please God let the shackle draggers beat England,,,,and I will die a happy man!! Wouldn't it be great if Japan were in the 6 nations? Argentina are in the 3 nations,,,or whatever it is called!! I am drunk, I have had a good night,,,,and good night gentlemen!! ;)

Samoa are going to be deservedly booted out of the RWC.

They are the worst Samoan team to attend a RWC.

Well done Japan! Courageous and skillful.

Does anyone else think its a little bit condescending how the media keeps referring to the Japanese campaign as a "fairy tale" and "dream"?

Does anyone else think its a little bit condescending how the media keeps referring to the Japanese campaign as a "fairy tale" and "dream"?

Absolutely. Beating Samoa was hardly a surprise or shock and in the end they will be disappointed with their result vs Scotland. Japan first caught my attention when they beat Wales not long ago, even though players were away on Lions tour, it still was an obvious sign they have improved vastly, people have their heads in the sand though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the fact Michael Leitch was captain, who came off a fantastic SR season.