• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Japan (03/10/2015)

'The qualification system for the remaining eight places will be region-based with Europe and the Americas allocated two qualifying places, Africa, Asia and Oceania one place each, with the last place determined by a play-off.'

If Japan win today, 1 place to be contested for between Fiji, Samoa and Tonga in 2019? surely not?

Agree with that, think refs sometimes wait too long before giving the pen try.

Samoa being destroyed in general. Can't see them winning this.

Craig Joubert is gifting this game to Japan, he needs to back off and let the boys play some rugby.
A penalty try for a collapsed scrum that was still metres from the try line??
Garbage refereeing.
I wanna see rugby not constant whistle stops and points all going to the next hosts.
Let Japan let their rugby do the talking.

Craig Joubert is gifting this game to Japan, he needs to back off and let the boys play some rugby.
Garbage refereeing.
I wanna see rugby not constant whistle stops and points all going to the next hosts.

You don't think the scrum was collapsed intentionally?

I really get what you're saying and it's so tempting to let small things go but if they were done with no penalty (the crossing penalty for instance) then it would become common place. I have to say I agree with Joubert on most things so far. Everything he has pinged for he HAD to I think. Being clear what's acceptable at ruck time as well.

Garbage refereeing.

Penalty try was fine the scrum was being matched backwards and look like if the samosa hadn't brought it down it would have been a try IMO.

Penalty try was fine the scrum was being matched backwards and look like if the samosa hadn't brought it down it would have been a try IMO.
yup agree with what was earlier said this happens s way too often and therefore gives them another try. Either give them for what they are or remove the pushover try from the lawbook.

Does the Japanese no.8 EVER stay between the locks at the scrum?

Whistles going so much because Samoa refuse to sort out their discipline

'The qualification system for the remaining eight places will be region-based with Europe and the Americas allocated two qualifying places, Africa, Asia and Oceania one place each, with the last place determined by a play-off.'

If Japan win today, 1 place to be contested for between Fiji, Samoa and Tonga in 2019? surely not?

Guess so looking at that you would reckon that it would be:
(Going off current rankings)

Europe
Romania
Spain

Americas
USA
Canada

Asia
Hong Kong

Oceanica
Fiji