• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Japan (03/10/2015)

There you go, Joubert finally let the teams play and Bang! Japan can score a try on their own without Samoa being whistled out of the game.
The Penalty try was an appalling decision.
The no.1 had to go for sure but the first player yellow carded was harsh as well.
The penalties for offside might be considered reasonable if Wayne Barnes could have seen that Argentina were a metre offside against the AB's at Wembley on four phases in a row. But he didn't and now it appears that Joubert wants to ping blue at any and every opportunity.
This has been another game ruined by whistle happy refereeing.
BORE ING Craig.
Just red card them and save us any doubts.
Gift the game to the Japs and lets move on to the safer game.
A penalty yes but the scrum had miles to go. Quick draw McGraw and this match is over before it started.
WE all want the next hosts to do well, but let them do it under their own steam.

Why turn into a troll all of a sudden?? You had some pretty decent posts on this forum in the past, and now you come with this utter garbage?? It seems like you have a personal issue with Craig Joubert, and can't look at any match he's in charge of, objectively. He was fair, and he was correct in his officiating. The first yellow card was a Foul Play report from the TMO, and every person that knows his rugby would agree that a yellow was the correct call. It was no different than the yellow card that the England 10 got in the Australia game for his shoulder charge on Matt Giteau. Yet, I don't see you ***** and moan about that on the England vs. Australia thread. Dial it down a bit.

someone tell me this! why? is a South African referee, refereeing in a Pool that includes South Africa..!?

There are only 12 referees appointed on the Elite panel for the World Cup, and they were picked to referee matches ahead of the start of the World Cup. He is not Samoan or Japanese, so he can officiate the match. When he was appointed, there was also no way of knowing that the outcome of this match could or would benefit South Africa in any way. Not that I think it would because both these teams were on equal points in the group before this match, so the winner would have gotten the points no matter what the outcome was.

As a Samoan fan who has watched all World Cups including since we first took part in 91' I have to say this is by far the most disappointing without any shadow of doubt. The many Manu Samoa facebook pages reflect this sentiment x 1000. The many issues with officialdom cant be blamed as this team has been together over a month and played enough games to ensure adequate preparation.

In 2011 the Manu Samoa best XV prepared for one week to easily defeat the Wallabies. So these results are below expectation and the performances themselves have been nothing short of pathetic. There are a litany of shortcomings we've witnessed on field and I have to say that it comes back to the coaching staff and captain. I honestly don't think Stephen Betham could inspire a dog to eat meat. The captain certainly appeared largely inconspicuous and IMO shouldn't have been in the starting team.

I expect nothing from the Scotland game.

We need to draw a line in the sand appoint an experienced well credentialed coach to whom is respected by the players and can set about piecing together a new team going forward.

To see this once great team reduced to this is shameful. At times it looks like they've never played together.

Hopefully the coach does the honorable thing in resigning and apologise to the people of Samoa.

Latest posts