• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

Here we go folks,

statement from World Rugby
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/115761

Knock-on, scrum to Australia. No penalty.

I'd hoped we'd move past "Joubert cost us" but can't see that happening now. Weird that world rugby have hung him out to dry.

Well done Aussies, a deserved win and I wish people were talking about an unexpectedly exciting game rather than the referee.

They had to 'hang him out to dry' to preserve their own integrity as the call was plain wrong and had HUGE repercussions!

They had to 'hang him out to dry' to preserve their own integrity as the call was plain wrong and had HUGE repercussions!

Probably quite hard for him to spot at the time though. All this complaining masks that we had a fantastic chance to progress and unfortunately failed to execute. This team hasn't been in a winning position often, maybe execution of basic skills late in the game is something that's only learnt though experience of tight matches.

Oh there's no doubt Scotland still have much to learn... that line-out call... it still bugs me more than Jouberts brain-fart!

Scotland I feel gutted you lads its awful to have victory stolen from ye like that. Craig Joubert is a clown how he can make such a rotten call with time nearly up totally controversial all together. he gave Oz loads of soft penos throughout the match and the yellow card for a slightly iffy knock on! what all load of ********!

The 'bottle being thrown at the ref' incident...

Cheika is the man who said it happened. And only Chieka.

No one else has so far corroborated it, or supplied any evidence of it happening. That's in a stadium of 90,000 fans, staff, reporters, police, stewards, and 10's of thousands of cameras.

Seems if the same uncorroborated story gets re-told often enough it then becomes an internet fact! Jeez, some UK papers reported that Joubert was being pelted with a shower of bottles... ah, yes - of course he was!

And the UK papers source for this story... well, they heard it from their Aus media colleagues (so back to the Chieka statement I guess).

The only other mention of a bottle being thrown during the entire game relates to a member of the Scottish team hammering a water bottle down onto the ground in frustration at the final whistle and it exploding. It wasn't aimed at anyone, and it never hit anyone.

Coincidence?

I hope the SRU challenge Chieka on his words as they are very damaging.

Brian Moore on Talk sport this evening saw it and it wasn't a bottle it was a pint pot, if Brian moore saw a pint pot being thrown that'll do for me.

Joubert has cost Scotland a RWC Semi-final place END OF

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Aussies, a deserved win
Are you Joking!!!! Scotland were robbed by a Huge Piece of Sheer incompetence

So Cheika see's a bottle... Moore see's a featherweight plastic pint pot... one or two others see a Scottish team member slamming his water bottle into the ground in frustration... and no-one else apparently see's or captures footage of anything (despite there being cameras everywhere in the ground)!?

I'd suggest it was a non-event. Complete hyperbole. An attempt to justify a cowardly referee running away after his costly balls-up (despite absolutely NOTHING being thrown at him as he started his sprint off the park!).

We will have to Agree to Disagree, What is more believable that Sio the form prop of the entire WC suddenly goes to crap or Scotland were illegally collapsing and the ref was conned into believing that it was Sio and once it was in Joubert's mind they just did it over and over and over again.

And here was I thinking that the Aussie scrum was allowed to push early in both games v England and Wales.
They just came up against a better front row this time.

12105710_1219518731395304_8694684590090788000_n.jpg

Brian Moore on Talk sport this evening saw it and it wasn't a bottle it was a pint pot, if Brian moore saw a pint pot being thrown that'll do for me.

Saw what? Someone throwing away their pint in disgust?
Was it a riot in disguise? You appear to believe whoever talks to you last.

It's all well and good for fans of the big-hitting teams having a pop at the Scots moaning today, but they don't understand the national significance of this game!

For us, it was our biggest game in years... possibly the biggest ever given how much Rugby has moved on since the early 90's. This was our Rugby Everest. Our Rugby moon landing

We understood we were minnows against Aus. We hoped not, but most suspected we would be pumped.

Sneer all you like at our reaction, but understand that bagging 3 tries against Australia in the RWC QF was a big deal for us. That we stayed in the fight right to the end was a big deal for us. That we gave Aus a bloody nose was a big deal for us (we weren't meant to land a single punch!).

Yes, we know that the line-out call was baffling. Yes, we know that the ref's have a very difficult job to do. But that we were leading going into the final 100 seconds and ultimately undone by a wrong referring decision was therefore a HUGE deal, and was pretty hard to take.

It has already become the stuff of legend for us.

So come on guys... cut us some slack! No-one likes an arrogant smart arse!

Guys...

Were we like this back in 2011?

Awww **** guys.

...sorry.

It's all well and good for fans of the big-hitting teams having a pop at the Scots moaning today, but they don't understand the national significance of this game!

For us, it was our biggest game in years... possibly the biggest ever given how much Rugby has moved on since the early 90's. This was our Rugby Everest. Our Rugby moon landing

We understood we were minnows against Aus. We hoped not, but most suspected we would be pumped.

Sneer all you like at our reaction, but understand that bagging 3 tries against Australia in the RWC QF was a big deal for us. That we stayed in the fight right to the end was a big deal for us. That we gave Aus a bloody nose was a big deal for us (we weren't meant to land a single punch!).

Yes, we know that the line-out call was baffling. Yes, we know that the ref's have a very difficult job to do. But that we were leading going into the final 100 seconds and ultimately undone by a wrong referring decision was therefore a HUGE deal, and was pretty hard to take.

It has already become the stuff of legend for us.

So come on guys... cut us some slack! No-one likes an arrogant smart arse!

Its a tough one alright and to be honest I felt a little bit more gutted with that match than my own Ireland one... At least the Ireland match I could see coming. You left with your heads high though, the future is looking bright for Scottish rugby. Well I dont know what interest levels are like at home but in terms of the Scottish teams performance its getting significantly better and better, Im loving seeing it unfold. Really excited to see how ye fare in the 6N!

Cheers JomJom.

They're certainly playing with higher fitness / intensity levels than I have seen before, so fingers crossed for a bright(er) future!

This is ****. I'm sorry, but Australia don't deserve to be in the semis. It'll be so disappointing now if they go on to win.

Of course Aussie deserve to be in the semi's, they won the game and they are the better team.
Cheika rested two key players in Pocock and Folau and it very nearly came back to bite him in the ass, but it didn't, so well done Aussie, judged to perfection.

This is ****. I'm sorry, but Australia don't deserve to be in the semis. It'll be so disappointing now if they go on to win.

What do you mean they didn't deserve to win, the scoreboard doesn't lie, I could argue you were lucky to win the last WC when France were the better team, but the scoreboard said different. There was no more gutted than me when SA did us at the death, but its over can't go back, time to look forward to the Autumn Internationals and beyond, one things for sure though the winner will be the team with the most points on that scoreboard.
As to next weekend I would like to see New Zealand beat SA simply because they play a better brand of rugby, the other semi I don't mind who wins but I fancy it will be a cracker.

please clarify this law for me

No, that was fine, if you're referring to Kuridrani's try. Not a double movement, you are allowed one placement of the ball, and his movement of the arms there was fine.

Does that mean that a player brought down short of the line doesn't have to let go of the ball?

Does that mean that a player brought down short of the line doesn't have to let go of the ball?

He can reach out and place the ball over/on the try line so long as he doesnt promote his body forward (that would be a double movement). What Kuridrani did was perfectly fine.

Latest posts