• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

So Australia played without motivation in a world cup quarter final? Seems reasonable. Or could it be that there's a real shock at an Australia team who played a Scotland team that gifted them 5 tries, played with heart but poorly in execution at times, and they still relied on a refereeing mistake at the death to win it? No, surely it must be down to the professionalism of the Australian players.

This subject is over. Australia was a worth winner. They made 5 tries and was unbeaten in the pool of the dead. A pool where Scotland would have been crushed easily

I really like Scotty, he can even speak Afrikaans.

I have to say that I think he's quite correct in what he is saying, but I think the comparison between the referees and their faults shouldn't be drawn. For instance I would think that Joubert would be in the same boat as Wayne Barnes was in 2007, but I wouldn't put them in the same category as Bryce Lawrence or Romain Poite. And while many would say that it's because I'm South African and has been very vocal about this, I think there is a line to be drawn between a mistake or 2, and incompetence throughout a match. And here I will back Joubert 100%!

I watched Scott Hastings' interview yesterday on CNN, and he said that his frustration wasn't about the call Joubert made, but rather more that he left the field in a hurry and didn't stay and shook the players hands.

I honestly feel rather sorry for the Scottish public, because I know how they feel, I went through that disappointment in 2011, and yes, I was one of the guys who went on a tirade regarding the referee.

But like my father always say, This too shall pass.
@ImScotty, I have to also say that prior to this World Cup, I was of the opinion that Scotland was the worst of the 6 Nations teams, yes, even poorer than Italy. I thought that South Africa and Samoa would go through in our pool, and that Scotland and USA would fight it out for 3rd and 4th spot.

Scotland surprized me.
Well this is what got me, and why i didn't post here in a while as it did frustrate me quite a bit to be honest. I felt Scotland has been underestimated alot in this world cup and in most other games we played this year. I knew Scotland could go to the quarters (even though i'll be honest to say that i felt Japan may have deserved it more than us but anyway). But unfortunately very few people did. Not to mad about Joubert decisions in the game now. Because these things do happen. But still despite going out, I'm still very proud of my team. I hoped for Scotland in this tournament to surprised everyone who thought Samoa would beat us and not go through, and we went and done that. Unfortunately we couldn't go through (thanks to Joubert). But we have surprised people in the tournament and that is all i wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

now lets enjoy the rest off the word cup!.

This subject is over. Australia was a worth winner. They made 5 tries and was unbeaten in the pool of the dead. A pool where Scotland would have been crushed easily

I'm merely commenting on the fact you seem to think that the professional players of Australia went into a world cup quarter final lacking motivation.

Latest posts