[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

Discussion in 'Rugby World Cup 2015' started by TRF_heineken, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Academy Player

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

England

Hmmm this is designed to address the particular scenario and it does that, but I don't believe it avoids others. Taken to stupid absurdity say Aus had been trailing by 4 instead of 2? The same things happens, but Aus have to kick for the corner to gain the points required. They set the maul and score the try. You've stated that you think its defensible, based on Scotland's performance it pretty much wasn't!

A wrong decision that confers advantage is a wrong decision regardless of the outcome.

For me I'm entirely happy with a situation where a human referee on the pitch carries primacy regardless of the "wrongness" of any decision. That's where World Rugby have screwed this for me. Once a decision has been made by a referee to the best of their ability it is "right". Joubert is not a cheat. He's not called it wrong on purpose. He's a man doing a difficult job. That's how sport is. In my view it is literally impossible to ref a RU game correctly. Are you really going to look at where McCaw starts at every breakdown? Are you really going to look each time a Welsh players flaps about on the floor pretending to get out of the way? Are you going to check to see if Stuart Hogg is actually being fouled or acting like a massive Jessie? Are you going to check if Owen Farrell has bothered to use his arms in every tackle? The cumulative effects of minor infractions is massive. The best play at or over the line pretty much all the time. Rugby Union ain't black and white. It's like 10,000 shades of grey, but without any shagging. Well mostly.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. RoosTah

RoosTah First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Sydney

That's rather cute. Here's another stat: the last time Australia BEAT the All Blacks was 3 months ago. The last time Scotland beat the All Blacks was ... Never. Yes never. Scotland have never ever beaten New Zealand in over 100 years of test rugby.

What were you saying about on the face of it having better chances?

4. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Rebels

Sorry but I can't believe these Scots are still going on about this

Australia has lost 1 match this year against NZ at home. They have beaten NZ, SA and ARG. They have won the last 5 games in a row, the are the current Rugby Championship Champions and are genuine contenders for the World Cup. Scotland on the other hand are unfortunately not a realistic chance, finished last in the 6 Nations, hammered by SA in the pool game.

How the hell the Scots feel they deserve to be in a semi final over Australia I don't know. Start by winning the 6 nations and I will accept Scotland are a realistic chance to win the RWC.

5. KeyboardWorrier

KeyboardWorrier Bench Player

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

Australia are about to have their first real test this tournament. Let's see how things stack up when tested.

6. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Rebels

Quit with the trolling. If you don't think England was a tough enough opponent, then Wales gave us a good Challenge.

7. KeyboardWorrier

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

Yes, but they shouldn't have been. Not saying it wasn't a tough match, just for a championship hopeful team, none of those matches should have been hard.

8. Cliffyboy

Cliffyboy Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

England

Well said by you. I like the New Zealanders and, like most of us, admire the amazing All Blacks for being such a consistently formidable force produced from a nation of around just five million, but an arrogant comment like that one deserves censure and reflects badly upon the writer.

9. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Rebels

What's worse is that they think Pavlova was invented in NZ, when it was clearly invented in Australia. :)

10. KeyboardWorrier

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

Hah, and I bet you think Phar Lap was an Australian horse too!

I think I've been a little misunderstood here. What I mean to say is, this is the first genuine, genuine test against a very good side. Beating England, Wales and Scotland is all very good, but struggling past them hasn't been indicative of a team that can win the RWC. This game however is different; beating an on-form Pumas side is massive challenge for any team and pulling this off would definitely mean The Wallabies are in contention for the Title.

11. Cliffyboy

Cliffyboy Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

England

That's so true. Talk about having your cake and eating it.

12. Yobbo

Yobbo Academy Player

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Hull KR

England did not put up a decent challenge and Wales couldn't even score when Oz were down to 13.

The Argies really are going to produce the first decent opponent for Oz.

13. RoosTah

RoosTah First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Sydney

Just for the record all of the remaining nations did all play eachother only a couple months ago

14. KeyboardWorrier

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

Yes, and they did very well. But this is the RWC, and so far they've either been holding back considerably or are about to be eaten alive by Pumas.

15. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Rebels

We'll know in a few days. To be fair I can't separate both games. It could go either way, that's how evenly matched these 4 teams are.

Although you will probably tell me that NZ are still just messing around with the other teams ans haven't really been trying.

16. Sonic Kiwi

Sonic Kiwi BANNED!!!

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

That's a catorgoric lie.... we used to feed Pharlap on Pavlova :mad:

At the end of the day, who cares if Oz thrash us at the Olympics, soccer, usually league etc etc???, but for the love of humanity please don't take our Pavlova from us!!!! You're killing the dream.

How dare you???? :eek:

17. KeyboardWorrier

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

I agree. Too close to call. No, NZ have not been mucking around. They were against Namibia, Georgia though.

18. Sonic Kiwi

Sonic Kiwi BANNED!!!

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

And And And, with that nasty underarm bowl.......you guys were just scared that our last batsman was going to hit a sux like he'd been doing from previous seasons 'thrashing' the Ozzies as per usual.

So there, take that :cool:

19. Cliffyboy

Cliffyboy Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

England

With all due respect, that's a trifle over the top, isn't it?

20. Sonic Kiwi

Sonic Kiwi BANNED!!!

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

It was my tongue firmly planted in my cheek.
    My second team if not the AB's to win is actually OZ especially after the Deans/McKenzie fiasco giving Cheika the reigns. Cheika or Eddie Jones should be Coach of the year.

As for underarm bowl BS, we were never going to win and it gives us delusional Kiwis to complain about BS knowing that OZ are better at sport in general than NZ eg Olympics to name a few yet many ;)

21. KeyboardWorrier

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

They were pretty well going to win that Cricket match...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!