• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Australia.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Argentina.png

Twickenham, London (25/10/2015, 16:00)
Semi-Final 2

Referee: Wayne Barnes
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Last edited:
I've got nothing. before the weekend, Aus all the way. Now I'm not sure. I just hope the two teams play the same type of rugby they've been playing this WC.

Based on this weekend, you'd have to back Argentina!

The wobblies did look great against Wales and England... although, again, after the weekend how much that means is open to question.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Argentina makes it ? Would be unbelievable not only for World Rugby, but would give them a massive boost for the upcoming Super Rugby tournament.

I think after this weekend the favouritism tag goes to the Pumas. Australia were strong on attack in scoring 5 tries (should have been 6 though) against Scotland, but also looked very disjointed, flustered and error prone.

Well, both of these teams got heavily pinged at the Scrums. And this is one area where the Argies look threatening.

I'm backing the Argies in this game.

What happened to the othet thread? It has been erased? There was a discussion going on!

What happened to the othet thread? It has been erased? There was a discussion going on!

Yeah like I said in the other Semi-final thread, I accidentally deleted those threads. I was supposed to merge them with this one and I ticked the wrong box and deleted them. My mistake, and I did apologise to the person that started the thread.

But with that said I want to remind everyone of this announcement: http://www.therugbyforum.com/announcement.php?f=144

Yeah, now I`m happy to see IRB world rugby rankings:

1.- New Zealand

2.- Australia

3.- South Africa

4.- Argentina :rolleyes:

Mission accomplished, Pumas will play seven games...the job is done!

Last edited:
I think both Australia and Argentina will look towards buttoning up their major flaws. For the Pumas I think it's going to be time management and pacing. I'll chock it up to them being a young exhuberant side that still need a couple more years of the grind to get their pace right. As for Australia it looks more like a focusing issue. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but I think this is going to be an evenly-split 50/50 game with the Wallabies having more of an edge given their RWC experience. And I say this being a complete Pumas fan. Hope my countrymen don't murder me for treason. :p

If Argentina wins the tournament, against all odds, then Lionel Messi will probably switch to rugby :D

So Any word on Pocock and Folau Aus is a different team with them in particularly Pocock.

I'm not sure the favourites tag goes to Argentina just yet. Bear in mind Australia were god awful yesterday and claimed victory, and they still dismantled England and showed unbelievable defence against Wales.

I think we all know that this is going to be a vastly different performance from the Aussies, who have not played as badly as yesterday in a very long time. The return of Pocock and Folau will be huge.

I, feeling quite smug over here, predicted this semi-final for Argentina, their usual, trademark solid pack now has an exciting back line too, which will cause problems for any team.

Australia are still favourites, but need to step up their game big time.

Folau and Co. will be tricky to defend. It'll come down to pacing, and hopefully the Pumas will not run out of steam halfway and then try to fight back a deficit.

No chances for Argentina, remember: we're the underdogs, the poor amateur side, from a corner of southamerica...

No chances for Argentina, remember: we're the underdogs, the poor amateur side, from a corner of southamerica...
That's Right and don't you forget it :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, now I`m happy to see IRB world rugby rankings:

1.- New Zealand 92.89

2.- Australia 90.93

3.- South Africa 86.80

4.- Argentina 85.07 :rolleyes:

Mission accomplished, Pumas will play seven games...the job is done!

Just thought i would chuck the points totals in, incidentally has Australia ever had a score as high as 90.93 before?

I can't see it. I want to, but doing my best to put my bias aside, i don't see it. I know everyone is beatable if they have an off day and we have a good day, but that just happened and i don't think it's realistic for that to happen again next weekend.
I am not happy about this felling as being ambitious is key to improving.

I couldn't see last line out of the scots but we are obviously in the final... oh wait... :p

Well... I don't know what to think about this game. On paper, obviously, Australia are the favourites.
Then If we have a look on their last games (and ours lets say) in the RWC I think we stand a chance.
Excuse the crap comment but I really don't have a clue about this game...

Assuming Argentina suffer no losses this is a match that, given the current form of Argentina, if it was played three times, Australia would win two of them.

It is only played once though.

Latest posts