• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Bronze Final: South Africa vs. Argentina (30/10/2015)

Take it that it was another poor play off from the comments her?

Glad went out for superb dinner including terrine of pig's trotters!!!

Was a pretty poor watch. I am all in for getting rid of the 3rd/4th playoff.

Teams are normally pretty gutted, demotivated after losing a semi.

Yeah.

And if @Bo Jandals wants to keep on saying it's a true story. Then he needs to supply facts regarding the neutral referees. Links would help his case. Otherwise he's just another Kiwi troll. And I think all of us on the forum are now pretty much done with this relentless trolling...

No, you're not listening to what I'm stating here.

Yes, the Boks had a better record against the AB's, without question.

What I'm saying is that regardless of the Boks record over the AB's, the AB's had a better record/percentage over other teams and were better than the Boks.

As for refs during SA's isolation......If you don't know how SA relied on non neutral refs then your rugby knowledge is a tad biased, similiar to SA's refs.

If you want stats then google them, NZ had a better record over other teams than SA percentage wise prior to SA's annex

By the way Heineken, I'm not a troll, I'm just like you ie a rugby fan, you just don't like competition ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that he just smiles at his opponent during the scuffle must p! ss the other team off!!

Yeah, he's a proper lock alright. And we play Geoff Parling. AAARRRGGHH.

The Argies have come a long way quite quickly in developing their style of play. They'll get smarter but we should celebrate what they've brought to this RWC.

Yeah, he's a proper lock alright. And we play Geoff Parling. AAARRRGGHH.

The Argies have come a long way quite quickly in developing their style of play. They'll get smarter but we should celebrate what they've brought to this RWC.

Yup I shouldnt be too harsh on them but actually I think I'm really paying them a compliment. Its just so frustrating watching them do all the hard work, and play some fantastic rugby at times, only to see them blow chance after chance with basic errors and brain explosions. It really is just the a bit of polish and they would be a 10 point better team.

By the way, people were moaning about their centre, Moroni, when he was selected the other day. I'd never watched him closely before, but I thought he was fantastic and looks to have a very bright future!

For me, it's criminal how Pat Lambie was used in Heyneke's 4 years. In my view, he should be the permanent 10, with Pollard as back up.

No, you're not listening to what I'm stating here.

Yes, the Boks had a better record against the AB's, without question.

Yes agreed. Which made SA a better side than ABs
Played 34

SA win 19

Drawn 2

What I'm saying is that regardless of the Boks record over the AB's, the AB's had a better record/percentage over other teams and were better than the Boks.

Please provide stats to back this up.

As for refs during SA's isolation......If you don't know how SA relied on non neutral refs then your rugby knowledge is a tad biased, similiar to SA's refs.

This is a contradiction. The whole point is that it was "isolation" - there were no ratified tests in Isolation. I fail to see the point you are trying to make here.

If you want stats then google them, NZ had a better record over other teams than SA percentage wise prior to SA's annex.

This is a point you are trying to make - the onus is not on me to verify your statement- until you provide statistical and objective proof you point is subjective opinion. So why don't you google this and publish here, it's up to me to verify it.

By the way Heineken, I'm not a troll, I'm just like you ie a rugby fan, you just don't like competition ;)

Until you are able to back any of this up you will be labelled a troll.

Said it earlier (and got flamed), this game is a waste of time as both teams don't even play at half their potential quality.. it's pointless, there were some positive allowing some players to end on a career high, but as far as a competitive contest, this is probably the least important match of the calendar year, the heart just isn't in the game.

Yes agreed. Which made SA a better side than ABs
Played 34

SA win 19

Drawn 2

Please provide stats to back this up.

This is a contradiction. The whole point is that it was "isolation" - there were no ratified tests in Isolation. I fail to see the point you are trying to make here.

This is a point you are trying to make - the onus is not on me to verify your statement- until you provide statistical and objective proof you point is subjective opinion. So why don't you google this and publish here, it's up to me to verify it.

Until you are able to back any of this up you will be labelled a troll.

Fair call, I'm not a computer wizard. Here's a fact OK? NZ have a better record than SA against teams ie Eire/Arg/Eng etc compared to SA's record prior to SA's isolation.....are you dumb?

I still disagree that this was an unimportant game, atleast for the boks. In terms of the RWC it was horrible, but for rugby in general it was necessary. I don't buy the demoralisation excuse, these are rugby players, playing an international test. It has decided what the rankings look like for a while, and it broke the tie between these teams this season. The complaints i do have for this game would be A) The ref was majorly inconsistent, and also showed slight bias for SA. B) The fact that our subs (especially Paige) came on waaaay to late. C) Argentina's injuries hurt this contest quite bad. I enjoyed the post match commentary, Naas and Ashwin made some brilliant points about the coaching staff, and also put HM error in reverting back to conservative rugby into perspective, which made me hopeful that our style of rugby will go back to where we were a year or two ago. God knows I want to see bokke running rugby again. So yeah, not the greatest game, but a good win when put into perspective. Goodbye to some of the greats, and hopefully goodbye to conservative rugby.

Fair call, I'm not a computer wizard. Here's a fact OK? NZ have a better record than SA against teams ie Eire/Arg/Eng etc compared to SA's record prior to SA's isolation.....are you dumb?

Nope not dumb. Actually well above average when it comes to encoding even the most ambiguous or vague communications, grasping complex problems and researching and applying pragmatic solutions. My grammar, punctuation and spelling is usually very good and I have no difficulty articulating myself or making a point without verbosity.

What's your excuse?

Nope not dumb. Actually well above average when it comes to encoding even the most ambiguous or vague communications, grasping complex problems and researching and applying pragmatic solutions. My grammar, punctuation and spelling is usually very good and I have no difficulty articulating myself or making a point without verbosity.

What's your excuse?

Thought I would help translate the quoted piece above to make it easier for you.

Nah. I ain't thick. I gotta paper from skool that my mom put in a frame. She's like super proud of me. You know?

I can reed and rite and even did a puzzil one time.
My spell is OK and evin now about the fullstop at the end of a sentinse. Not like jail sentinse but the other tipe. You know?

I know some big words two. But I don't use dem.

What's up?

Latest posts