• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

Well played AB's, thoroughly deserved.

To my fellow Saffas, there's hope guys. I actually think HM should stay coach.

EDIT:

Now it's time to drink, a lot.

Hats off to you Springboks ... what a close match ... it was heart in the mouth stuff

Wow that was a tense game. All Blacks and SA had some off form players on the field there. .Victor messed up badly twice in the last 20, just like Same Cane. Kieran Read made 4 or 5 poor errors. Savea was anonymous.

Well grinded out there by All Blacks though. I think the turning point in momentum there was Victor Matfield's penalty reversing neck roll. They had the advantage in the bag and he gave it back to NZ.

Tough, tough game South Africa fans. Was a tough watch. Remarkable guts. Best of luck for 3rd place playoffs - looked like second best team in world today.

I'm pretty drunk right now! But I agree, VM should have stayed on the bench.

Man that was intense. Like a lot of people predicted there was very little in the end.

Another classic SA vs AB, hard luck South Africa could have easily gone the other way.

Springboks have no backline, and their line outs were awful, but still an enormously tense and intense match.

hard luck South Africa could have easily gone the other way.

If you think that a penalty kick or a drop goal would have made the difference in the end, yes, it could have gone either way. Regardless, the ABs was clearly the better team on the park, as SA barely played in the others' 22 throughout the game. I'd venture saying that the weather kept the game close, I genuinely believe the AB's would have put two converted tries in front of SA.

But yes, congrats to SA for putting everything on the line.

You can tell the massive amount of mutual respect both teams have for each other at the end of the game. Hard luck South African fans, there wasn't much in it in the end.

Everyone at work knew to leave me alone while I watched the game!! That was intense. I couldn't leave my computer screen. Well done to the Boks, you played with guts. To the boys, 1 more week!!

Credit to the All Blacks, the better team won. It seemed like the Boks were trying to stop the All Blacks from going through rather than actually go out and trying to beat them. We didn't want the ball! So frustrating.

Our momentum was often stopped by penalties and a piece of cynical play however it appeared that's what we were looking for. Penalties.
Now for the 3rd / 4th playoff... urgh.

If you think that a penalty kick or a drop goal would have made the difference in the end, yes, it could have gone either way. Regardless, the ABs was clearly the better team on the park, as SA barely played in the others' 22 throughout the game. I'd venture saying that the weather kept the game close, I genuinely believe the AB's would have put two converted tries in front of SA.

But yes, congrats to SA for putting everything on the line.

Agreed. Two tries to zero. That's all anyone needs to know really.

-------

Also, on another note. No injuries!!!!! (That I know of).

Latest posts