• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

More points should be awarded for tries . If you score two tries to nil it should not be a close game !
Great victory by the AB's!

What I didn't get in the game was Kaino getting subbed out. He was having his best game in ages.

None of the commentators seem to be even hinting at an forward pass from that first try. It clearly was forward, strange they're not saying anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

More points should be awarded for tries . If you score two tries to nil it should not be a close game !

Or less for penalties. Reality is, if you can't try against a team and they can try against you, you're not even close in terms of performance regardless of what the scoreboard reads.

None of the commentators seem to be even hinting at an forward pass from that first try. It clearly was forward, strange they're not saying anything at all.
Didn't look fwd to me. It was backwards, bounced off a south african and got caught. That's not fwd pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Or less for penalties. Reality is, if you can't try against a team and they can try against you, you're not even close in terms of performance regardless of what the scoreboard reads.

I thought that at the time.

One more win and the history of rugby is back to where it should be.

McCaw and Carter will have cemented their legacy as possibly the 2 greatest players of all time.
New Zealand will be the first team to win back to back World Cups.
New Zealand will be out in front with 3 World Cup victories.

These are important. Come on lads - one more big effort next week.

What I didn't get in the game was Kaino getting subbed out. He was having his best game in ages.

It makes sense as he'd already had a yellow. But if it wasnt for the yellow card he'd be man of the match all day long for me.

Disagree with that.

NZ were not massively better than SA first half they were pretty poor (bar one good try) second half SA were pretty poor (with no tries).

Honestly the scored was a fair reflection of the game.

Too bad Twicks does not have a retractable roof like Millenium. It's a pitty that a game of this caliber was played mostly on heavy rain.
I did not understand why Skidded or Nonu were subbed though. Small injuries? I hope not.

It was a relatively fair reflection of the game as long as you dont look at the stats! NZ dominated that game the only areas that SA shaded us on was scrums and turnovers.

The scrums were probably fair enough but the turnovers were just a result of good defence and us having a crap load of ball it was probably always going to happen that they got a few.

Fact of the matter is short of an intercept or some against the run of play break out they never looked like scoring a try. There entire game plan revolved around the fact of trying to draw penalties.

Last edited:
Why did he kick that ball away? We got away with it today, but I'd hate to see such a boneheaded move in the final.

Just went back and looked at that first try. None of the camera angles make it clear whether the ball touched Du Preez. My best guess is that he did not touch it at all. But more importantly the ball did not go forward from McCaw. Non-issue. Fair try.

Too bad Twicks does not have a retractable roof like Millenium. It's a pitty that a game of this caliber was played mostly on heavy rain.
I did not understand why Skidded or Nonu were subbed though. Small injuries? I hope not.

Skudder was injured but was also a liability for how this game was playing out Habana was owning him in the air everytime. I heard the commies mention Ben Smith was covering his wing at stages before he came off.

And SBW was outstanding when he came on.

It was a relatively fair reflection of the game as long as you dont look at the stats! NZ dominated that game the only areas that SA shaded us on was scrums and turnovers.

It was a fair reflection of the game NZ were not outstanding.

NZ gave away twice as many penalties than SA, NZ kill SA game a lot better than SA did NZ.

Rugby is played in all weather NZ, as NZ will know.

As Said SBW was outstanding when he came on so IMO was a good sub for Nonu.

Great game, well reffed.

Fair result for me. New Zealand always looked superior ball in hand and took important chances. Hovewever the saffas had them ****ting themselves for a while. The habana yellow ****** me off but rules are rules I guess.

Latest posts