• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

I am surprised they didn't go to the TMO for the last try. That last pass looked flat at best.

Why did you think it would happen ? Pressure got to them or are they over hyped, you see more of them in the SH.

I reckon Brian O'Driscoll picked this game well in the lead up. He backed on the Wallabies on the basis that Argentina celebrated their win over Ireland like they'd won the WC, so wondered if they'd be able to get up for this one with the same intensity.

Australia just too good for the Pumas today. Whenever Argentina came close, the aussie defense was immense. Good effort, but we couldn't capitalise on the couple good breaks we had, whereas Australia were clinical, and after those two first early tries, it was a mountain to climb. Several things didn't click for the Pumas today, but all the credit to Australia, and in particular, that amazing back row and back line.

Congrats aussies. The final should be awesome. I'll be cheering for you! :)

Wonder what dodgy decision australia will get in the final yet another shocking referee performance that went the way of aus

Kiwi in disguise!!

Not at all. It would've been nice to see them get a try for all their efforts. with that said its better Australia go through, they have a much better chance to beat the All Blacks. 4 -0 in tries doesn't tell the full story, anyway Well done Australia

Australia missed around 30 tackles. Argentina definitely should have finished many of their opportunities but they bottled many of them due to knock ons, over running lines etc but Pocock was immense at the breakdown. I think NZ will more than likely win as Aus emptied the tank today and have a 6 day turn around, compared to NZ's 7 day turn around. Don't think Aus' defense is as amazing as everyone is making it out to be.

The amount of mistakes made were also due the inexperience of many players on the field. This is a young team, I'll reckon we'll get better. Matera, Petti, Isa, Montoya, Cordero (needs to improve in certain aspects), Moroni, de la Fuente... All youngsters. I am sure we will fly in Japan.

Well done Australia who struggled against a very good Argentina XV . Looks like a walk in for the All Blacks in the Final .Reckon on today's game Scotland could have been up there with them !

Well done Aus...good win!

Kudos to Pocock, Fardy and Ashley-cooper but more so to Cheika and his team as tactically they played this really well.

Let us not forget that Foley missed at least three kicks also...

Yes think the pressure and inexperience cost you, plus a rubbish ref, another fours playing in the SH championship and having a super 15 team will surely help you progress further.

I am surprised they didn't go to the TMO for the last try. That last pass looked flat at best.

Haha, Michael Lynagh is the most angry that I've seen him when defending Australia's last try. But 3 Englishmen versus 1 Aussie in the ITV studio. Lynagh was not a happy bunny.

I think if Mitchell was running forward when he passed the ball and his hands were pointing backwards or straight then the forward momentum of the ball could be explained by him running forward. But as they showed in the analysis, he was running sideways when he passed it and the ball landed forward when AAC picked it up.

Still ref and linesman saw it, and decided not to go to the TMO. Still don't think it would have made a difference. Pumas were knackered by then.

Pocock was immense. He really is the difference between Wallabies being WC and runners up.

TMO could still intervene but he only seams to do that for howlers being missed now...

At 25:31 the arg 5 tackles folau. I assume it was no arms or something.... But really??

How soft is this game getting?

I really cannot believe what im seeing here with them reviewing that and yellowing him for it in a semi! Is this for real??

By the way... If i'm not mistaken, there were 10 turnovers between Fardy, Pocock and Hooper alone, and several of them when the Pumas were dangerously close to scoring a try. Those guys are monsters.

Didn't you guys rob Japan of their rightful spot in the qtrs with dodgy decisions? Yep, you did. Oh, and what dodgy decision gave Australia 4 tries?

I hear the scots are still upset about this: http://www.thefaultreport.com.au/sport/scotland-fuming-that-referee-didnt-stop-australian-tries/

Didn't you rob us of our semi spot with an outright wrong decision? Yes
I just think its a shame. Aus played well but refiguring errors in all their knockout games is bad not from them as you play the game in front of you but from a refereeing stand point you'd hope the levels would be higher in the quarters and semi of a world cup

austingtur how did I (and probably others) know that would be you reaction

Tony Manx put it best 2 point net gain from that yellow no point arguing about it now

Goalkicking needs to be mentioned. Foley will be under immense pressure next week to make his kicks. He wasn't great today and every point will be vital in the final.

Australia just too good for the Pumas today. Whenever Argentina came close, the aussie defense was immense. Good effort, but we couldn't capitalise on the couple good breaks we had, whereas Australia were clinical, and after those two first early tries, it was a mountain to climb. Several things didn't click for the Pumas today, but all the credit to Australia, and in particular, that amazing back row and back line.

Congrats aussies. The final should be awesome. I'll be cheering for you! :)

Incorrect, your passing was terrible and the first 10 minutes you lost the game with pathetic defending and trying to play rugby at stupid areas of the park, it's disappointing. The Australians aren't immense, you lacked a clinical halfback who could deliver good ball to your backline.

Australia are the 2nd best team in the world. I have no doubt about that, but they're very fragile and have no depth, a key injury in certain areas is the difference between them being a tier 1 and tier 2 team. They don't have the bench to match the AB's.

Barnes is a total **** job and needs to be removed from the sport, he's ridiculous.

Latest posts