• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] The Final Weekend (Round 5)

Who Will Take The ***le This Weekend?

• England

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Wales

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ireland

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any reason for the conservative Welsh score after a great performance last week and a shocker from the Azzurri?

I'd guess it along the lines of its hard for Wales to replicate last week. Italy will be physical and fired up to rectify last weekend. Wales will be physically feeling it especially after the defensive effort last weekend. And they'll be chasing the game more than last weekend too

I'd guess it along the lines of its hard for Wales to replicate last week. Italy will be physical and fired up to rectify last weekend. Wales will be physically feeling it especially after the defensive effort last weekend. And they'll be chasing the game more than last weekend too

I just feel like if the Welsh kick their penalties early on and keep the Italian crowd quiet early on, then it could be a slaughter considering how they shut off last week. And it shouldn't be too difficult for Wales to replicate last week, they were good, yes, but nothing sensational, they just won their match-ups against a side that aren't suited to playing well away from home or against Gatland's style of play.

And it shouldn't be too difficult for Wales to replicate last week, they were good, yes, but nothing sensational, they just won their match-ups against a side that aren't suited to playing well away from home or against Gatland's style of play.

I disagree, they were sensational last week and sucked the life out of a side that has been doing exactly that to whoever they play. Living off scraps, with a monster defence and hometown advantage won't help against the azzurri, they'll need to be clinical and that's something no side has shown in this years championship. I can't see anything more than Wales by 25 which won't be enough.

I disagree, they were sensational last week and sucked the life out of a side that has been doing exactly that to whoever they play. Living off scraps, with a monster defence and hometown advantage won't help against the azzurri, they'll need to be clinical and that's something no side has shown in this years championship. I can't see anything more than Wales by 25 which won't be enough.

Have to agree with this.

I can't see anything more than Wales by 25 which won't be enough.
Agreed, Wales' chances are an outside hope at best they are just too far behind two teams which are expected to win. My money is still on Ireland.

Whatever happens it will be a thrilling weekend! I do think you guys are underestimating the ability of Wales to reproduce their performance last week, they know what is required of them and have every chance of a 35 point victory, which might frighten the life out of the Irish as they go on to play the Scots.

Whatever happens it will be a thrilling weekend! I do think you guys are underestimating the ability of Wales to reproduce their performance last week, they know what is required of them and have every chance of a 35 point victory, which might frighten the life out of the Irish as they go on to play the Scots.
But they haven't a clue what is required? They're first on so they may win by 35 even 40 and that might not do. It'll be back to hotel and in laps of the gods.

Unless England win it there will be no presentation at a pitch but at team hotel.

But they haven't a clue what is required? They're first on so they may win by 35 even 40 and that might not do. It'll be back to hotel and in laps of the gods.

Unless England win it there will be no presentation at a pitch but at team hotel.

They know that they have to post a big, big score in order to compete. They know a 20/25 point victory is enough, you just agreed that 25 points wouldn't suffice, and the Welsh coaching staff know this as well. In order to stand a chance they have to win big.

I agree, they might not know what they need to win but they do know how they need to play - whether the winning score needs to be 40 or 50 is pretty irrelevant to game plan, they just need to go out and post a big score.

Saying that, I don't see them posting a big enough score. They've never really looked like running in shedloads of tries this tournament

Welsh need at least 26 assuming England win. 34+ puts them with a small amount of breathing room. That's a big ask, even if Italy don't put in a huge shift.

Welsh need at least 26 assuming England win. 34+ puts them with a small amount of breathing room. That's a big ask, even if Italy don't put in a huge shift.

I don't know, we were in practically exactly the same position last year and put 41 points on them...

Wales have beaten Italy by: 8, 15, 21, 8, 23, 5 and 39 with the last being at home in 2008. Trying to put 26 on Italy away is certainly going to be out of the ordinary for Wales.

I love the fact that everyone is trying to second guess the results when it's clear that anything could happen. On their day Wales England and Ireland can all be world beating sides, France always have a Stella performance hidden away, and the Scots and Azzuri have so much passion that they could hold their opponents up a great deal, although neither are likely to pull off a shock win. This is what makes this competition the real gem of international rugby. Good luck to all the teams today and may the best men win.

Wales have beaten Italy by: 8, 15, 21, 8, 23, 5 and 39 with the last being at home in 2008. Trying to put 26 on Italy away is certainly going to be out of the ordinary for Wales.

I agree completely. Italy had a bad result last week, but they are a pretty passionate group and they aren't going to make it easy for Wales. All this talk how many points will be put on them will only buoy them on. England have a knack of scoring a lot of points against Italy, and it's expected that everyone else will do the same.

Wales really haven't fired out wide all tournament and it has been their defence and aerial game that has been strong. They need to be much more clinical if they are going to put on the points that they need to win the championship. I'd like to see North bring his club form into this game.

Scotland are not in the right place psychologically. I think they will throw the kitchen sink at Ireland and try to play a fast open game. But, as shown in the England game, their defence falls to pieces when they are so loose. Ireland will need to show a bit more creativity out wide in this game, as their backs could score plenty of trys against a team in disarray. Ireland to win comfortably and to take the championship, despite the other games.

England. They've got a habit of folding at the last in the 6N. If they are going to win a world cup they need to win this game at home. The confidence it would give them would be huge. However, if they lose to an inconsistent France you have to wonder whether they have the mental edge to win when it really matters in big tournaments. It's time to prove that they do!

In a week where anything could happen, my predictions are:

Italy 12 Wales 34

Scotland 15 Ireland 32

England 20 France 21

Can see Wales winning it. Really can't see England beating France by much. Ireland don't want it as much as the others as they were going for a Grandslam, so don't know if that'll effect their performance.

My fear is Italy rolling over like a sloth post-coitus.... I really don't have much faith in a round 6 Italy to keep Wales out.

Parisse is the big loss here. But a lot depends on Welsh too and how physically they're feeling. And more so do they believe they can win the tournament.

I would love Wales, unusually for me, to win by 50 clear points....and that is not out of the question if they can find some attacking form......as this would give real spice to the afternoon!

I would then like Wales to win by 15 points...again and there is absolutely no reason why not if Sexton is anywhere near his form against England rather than Wales.......and then the pressure is really on England!!!

i would also like France to beat England if the latter play like they have since the Welsh game as they do not deserve to win owt!

However, if England can get the attitude and application that they showed in the second half against Wales, I will be cheering from the rafters (if we had any) with joy and euphoria as they stroll to the ***le......but do not hold you breath!!!

Latest posts