• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] The Final Weekend (Round 5)

Who Will Take The ***le This Weekend?

• England

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Wales

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ireland

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Castro booooooo

Leo the lion will score 20 points and Rizzo with help from Gonzo will score 5 points.

I would expect Inspector Montalbano to nip in with a quick try from the bench toward the end?

This is all a bit too much for my frail English heart.

- - - Updated - - -

This would make Wales not winning the 6 Nations even funnier.

We said Wales by 36 and it was Wales by 41, so it really is still all to play for, but a big ask for Ireland and England.

What a sensational day of rugby! A well deserved championship for Ireland, but all England, Ireland and Wales can push towards that RWC. England need to focus on startings better and not conceding silly tries, but this RWC will have a strong northern hemisphere representation.

England and wales are pigs In equal measure. Champions two years running. The two pigs tears shall
nourish me greatly. Beat the english. Robbed by the welsh cos we were on the beer. No doubt who the greatest is thsts for sure. Ex england players out in force crying. What more could you ask for. Gowan the irish champs!!

England and wales are pigs In equal measure. Champions two years running. The two pigs tears shall
nourish me greatly. Beat the english. Robbed by the welsh cos we were on the beer. No doubt who the greatest is thsts for sure. Ex england players out in force crying. What more could you ask for. Gowan the irish champs!!

Today brought us some brilliant games of rugby but it also seems to have brought out some really rather ignorant people who bring nothing but shame on themselves like you Sir!!

Wow, what a day of rugby. Wales did almost all they could (14 point swing at the end was costly). Ireland were great and fully deserved the championship with that performance. Great performance by England to put that score on France, but by pushing so hard, let France to score plenty of point too.

What I thought today showed was firstly how poor Italy, Scotland, and France are atm. Secondly, that Wales, Ireland and England are capable of some great attacking rugby, and they need to use it more (England have been to be fair). If they do, all three could be serious contenders in the RWC.

It would also be nice if the 6 nations started a little layer, so that more games could be played in glorious spring sunshine.

Well played all three. The three can be proud of their displays today. And congrats once more to Ireland.

To be fair and saying this as a proud Irishman. England and Wales were equally as good and could just as easily have been champions. Over past 2 years England have been just as good as us in 6 Nations.

To be fair and saying this as a proud Irishman. England and Wales were equally as good and could just as easily have been champions. Over past 2 years England have been just as good as us in 6 Nations.

I think it would have been wrong for England to win that championship - i think they justw eren't good enough, so i think it all worked out perfectly.

I think it would have been wrong for England to win that championship - i think they justw eren't good enough, so i think it all worked out perfectly.

True in some ways but in results business they've lost last 2 years on points. That is a wafer thin line and shows there's nothing between it. We beat ye in Dublin this year and ye beat us last year. So it shows the home patch is a factor and the only differences are them little margins. I genuinely am a huge fan of Lancaster and come World Cup (aided by injuries) he's developed a serious squad with really good options where every member of squad will have role.

True in some ways but in results business they've lost last 2 years on points. That is a wafer thin line and shows there's nothing between it. We beat ye in Dublin this year and ye beat us last year. So it shows the home patch is a factor and the only differences are them little margins. I genuinely am a huge fan of Lancaster and come World Cup (aided by injuries) he's developed a serious squad with really good options where every member of squad will have role.

I dunno, he has helped develop a squad but I'm not sure he is the guy to take us that final step, he has made us a side of gallant runners up whilst Wales and Ireland get the silverware. We are consistantly good, but only 2nd best good. I'm not sure we will ever get further than this under Lancaster as we look too easily ruffled and disjointed at times. We need a coaching team that can drill the England squad to do the basics well (seriously, how many times did we knock on against France?) and then we can build up other stuff around that. Lancasters selections at times have been questionable to say the least. It's stupid how long it took Ford to get the 10 shirt, he only got it due to Farrel being injured. Lancaster has not given Cipriani a chance and has kind of taken the **** sending him on for 3 minutes, what the hell is the point? He stuck with Goode and Ashton far longer than he should, delaying the development of alternatives. Replacing Tuilagi, our main attacking player, with defending players in a defending setup and not realising that would kill Englands attack.

Brilliant for the PR and certainly improved England from where they were but I doubt we will ever be world beaters under him.

I think mention should be given to Ireland's unsung hero: Leonardo Sarto. That's two years in a row his late tries have been key in us winning the championship.

Today brought us some brilliant games of rugby but it also seems to have brought out some really rather ignorant people who bring nothing but shame on themselves like you Sir!!

Yes, a Grand Slam-less trophy won on points difference isn't all that anyway.

Was just watching the end of the game with RTE commentary..
~"France get the penalty Ireland are champions!! Well, you'd have to think that's it... Oh wait, what are they doing! All they had to do was kick it out, play continues.. what are they doing?!? Just kick it out? Do they know?... They do now!! Ireland are definitely.. 6 nations champions"

Have to say I got a laugh from that, as if France were somehow playing for an Irish win

Wales may need to rethink their player of the tournament. Wayne Barnes didn't do enough in the end, did he?

Latest posts