• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] The Final Weekend (Round 5)

Who Will Take The ***le This Weekend?

• England

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Wales

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ireland

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiRFCMatt

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Irish
As every game influences the ***le race in this final weekend, I thought we could share our views/predictions here. Usually I don't pick exact scores, but with the significance of points difference this year I thought I'd go for it.

Italy vs Wales: 5 - 41

Italy will need a big response after a dire performance at the weekend, but high-flying Wales will be confident of putting the Azzurri to the sword, Wales by 36 doesn't seem far-fetched with players like North, Roberts and Davies reigning down physicality on a weak Italian side. They will be wary of England's mistakes against the Italians however, and will need to start strong. Giving away "kickable" penalties is fine though, as the Italians won't stand a chance of slotting them. With the Welsh pushing forward I can see a couple of slip-ups in defence, but still expect a big Welsh victory.

Scotland vs Ireland: 12 - 22

Desperate to avoid the wooden spoon, Scotland will need a win. There is no better time for the Scots to host the Irish, but they certainly won't be confident of victory, even if the Joe Schmidt's Irish side doesn't travel well and doesn't beat teams by many points. Both teams are low on confidence, but Scotland took the lead going in to half time away at Twickenham, and could spring a surprise on the Irish, although that in turn could spur the Irish on to play a different style of rugby, a more aggressive, try-scoring style of play. Trying to force a style of play they are unfamiliar with, the Irish could slip up against the Scots and the home side could steal a famous victory. However, I think Schmidt won't care too much for the 6 Nations ***le, and will solely focus on the RWC later this year, so will field the same side as last week, and we will see Ireland grab an uninspiring victory.

England vs France: 27 - 15

In the last game of the weekend, England will know exactly what is required in order to win. Cipriani could have a massive role and become an English hero out there if England need that extra 7/10 points with 15 minutes less. France were uninspiring as they cruised to victory against Italy, but they did secure a 29 point victory in Rome. They will have some confidence going in to the game, especially with the Yoann Maestri try and the impressive debut of Naikataci on the wing. England will win at the weekend, spurred on home by the home crowd. Nowell looked very dangerous on the wing, and Courtney Lawes impressed on his return to the international stage, both mak it into our team of the week, which will be up in the near future.

This therefore is my predicted table:

Six Nations 2015
Team P W D L F A Pts P/D
England 5 4 0 1 129 80 8 49
Wales 5 4 0 1 126 78 8 48
Ireland 5 4 0 1 101 58 8 43
France 5 2 0 3 83 73 4 10
Italy 5 1 0 4 47 162 2 -115
Scotland 5 0 0 5 75 110 0 -35

What are your predictions?

There is a poll on our website here where you can vote as to who you think will win the 6 Nations, found here: http://fourballsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/2015-6-nations-final-weekend-predictions.html

Wales by 23
Ireland by 18
France by 4

Would that leave it as:
Ireland
Wales
England
France?

I'm so unenthusiastic about this weekend of rugby it's unbelievable!

Toss a coin. Much will depend on whether or not the opposition collapses. I actually think the match on sat would have taken a lot out of the Irish and Welsh teams. For Ireland I think Schmidt has to rotate. Not because they played badly but to freshen up the team a little.

Toss a coin. Much will depend on whether or not the opposition collapses. I actually think the match on sat would have taken a lot out of the Irish and Welsh teams. For Ireland I think Schmidt has to rotate. Not because they played badly but to freshen up the team a little.

I hear he's cloning peter o'mahony so he can field 15 world class players and put down a record score against scotland....

His focus is on the RWC, he needs consistency, not a potential slip-up against Scotland.

To be honest it's a lottery

I would go slightly towards England only because they will know exactly what they need to do

I am also expecting Wayne Barnes to do his usual and try and get his face on the TV as much as possible.

Is this guy and Barnes related does anyone know?? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wales will win the championship and then walesonline will promptly start the mind games for the england match in the World Cup while the irish slowly turn into tubs of flora

Last edited:
Wales by 23
Ireland by 18
France by 4

Would that leave it as:
Ireland
Wales
England
France?

I'm so unenthusiastic about this weekend of rugby it's unbelievable!

See I really don't get this at all. I will look forward to international rugby whatever the fixture when it involves my team. Its a tough tournament and you can't always have grand slams, because realistically lots of teams are very close. To lose interest just because you just and its not such a tasty prospect seems pretty fan-boyish - and I know from reading your posts you're not that!

See I really don't get this at all. I will look forward to international rugby whatever the fixture when it involves my team. Its a tough tournament and you can't always have grand slams, because realistically lots of teams are very close. To lose interest just because you just and its not such a tasty prospect seems pretty fan-boyish - and I know from reading your posts you're not that!
I'll pick up during the week most likely, I'm just really down after the weekend and Murrayfield has to be one of the least exciting fixtures in rugby! Maybe Paddy's day will help. The knowledge I'll be back to watching Leinster limp their way through 2015 doesn't help either!

I'll pick up during the week most likely, I'm just really down after the weekend and Murrayfield has to be one of the least exciting fixtures in rugby! Maybe Paddy's day will help. The knowledge I'll be back to watching Leinster limp their way through 2015 doesn't help either!

Try being a London Irish fan...

Ireland vs Scotland are traditionally open exciting games.

Plus the Master and the apprentice playing off against each other in Cotter (the master) and Schmidt (the apprentice) loads of great little subplots in here.

It's probably going to be a belter of a game.

Ireland vs Scotland are traditionally open exciting games.

Plus the Master and the apprentice playing off against each other in Cotter (the master) and Schmidt (the apprentice) loads of great little subplots in here.

It's probably going to be a belter of a game.

MASTER -------------- APPRENTICE

POC ----------------- J. Gray
Heaslip ------------- Denton
Sexton -------------- Russell
Kearney -------------- Hogg - ?
O'Brien --------------- Cowan

Maybe?

I hope wales can build a score against Italy, to really apply pressure on England and Ireland.

Personally I can't wait until this last weekend of fixtures, every match will be really exciting right till the end.

I'm surprised more people aren't punting for England, the benefit of knowing exactly what is needed in order to with the championship should not be underestimated in my opinion. England could well win this 6 Nations on the luck of the draw.

I'd definitely go for England here.
I don't think there's the slightest chance of Wales putting a gazillion(my word of the day)points on Italy when they're striving to avoid the wooden spoon.
Same goes for Scotland, who have been far better (at times) than their position portrays, and will be fighting to get out of the wooden spoon position.

Then again, there's the wildcat of 'which France will turn up?'.

France will be dangerous. They've got nothing to lose and the players will probably say funk it lets just throw everything we've got at the them. If England aren't clinical enough like they've been all championship then France have got the talent to take advantage. Watch out

Italy will be out to spoil the game. They know that Wales need quick ball and will try their best to grind the game out.

You get the feeling that Schmidt needs to adopt the Leinster style for their game. Scotland are low object confidence and if Ireland can can dominate the breakdown which i believe they can do then they will be in with a good shout to rack up the points.

Wales by 40...

& let the rest of the weekend pan out as it will.

I l seem to think it's England's to loose.
Reasoning being they're at home and don't need a cricket score to win. And above all will know exactly what they've to do.
Wales will surely be shattered after last week and I think the fact they're away and have to chase the game means Italy will sneak in a few tries. Just can't see Wales winning by 40 clear points.
Ireland again are shattered surely. Add in we are going to a Scottish team who despite loosing last week regained a bit of a spring in their step. It's a stadium we don't seem to like and I genuinely can't see us hammering a Scotland team. May win by anything between 3-10 points but no more.

Wales 30 - 11 Italy

Ireland 24 - 13 Scotland

England 26 - France 16

Any reason for the conservative Welsh score after a great performance last week and a shocker from the Azzurri?