• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Australia v New Zealand in Sydney (08/08/2015)

Yeah, here's hoping, it's too late indeed. Hopefully Skudder gets another shot this week and cements a spot on the plane. SBW and Dagg should not be going and I think Slade will miss out.

I really like how the wallabies have approached this week, seems they have learnt from previous mistakes and tried to keep the media and any hype about last weekends performance away from the team. But this weekend I cannot see the all blacks let their greatest ever player leave on a negative. I'm not concerned about the result but just want to we another Solid wallaby performance that shows the teams moving in the right step physically and mentally for the WC.

Last edited:
THIS. I honestly think Barnes had alot more influence on the result of this game than many think. The proof of that will be this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh yes it makes sense now. I thought you'd totally lost your mind there.

He certainly did . My views on him are libelous and thus I best keep them to my self! Despite his subjective interpretation of the laws regarding the breakdown Richie should have done more to adjust or simply imitate the tactics of the wallabies . Obviously at the risk of yellow cards!

ALL BLACKS: Ben Smith, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Victor Vito, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Wyatt Crockett, Nepo Laulala, Jerome Kaino, Sam Cane, TJ Perenara, Colin Slade, Malakai Fekitoa.

AB team for the return leg at Eden Park.

As I thought a change at blind side, we need to be making more metres from there and winning the ball more. Vito has looked good, see how he can handle #6. Still disappointed to see no change in the tight, it's Hansens funeral if they continue to play poor, I can't see Tony improving, he's ancient.

Yes!!! Sounds like Naholo will be fit for the RWC!! It was only a small fracture so it's healed very quick!!

Hope there's still time for him.

Last edited:
Kaino was a passenger against the Wallabies and its hard to say that because I'm a big fan.
Nothing like some bench time to see who has the hunger.
Vito is a powerhouse so hopefully he can lift and drive forward as a ball carrier.

Really? He's still unlucky. Right now he's two steps behind NMS, hopefully he will make the RWC squad. Don't forget Cory Jane, he's a good roommate ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ydXzZLgKY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah, Nehe was great vs the Wallies. There's probably no room for Waisake after Skudders début, looks like he's cementing that spot with another game vs the Wallies this weekend. I think he's still a weapon we could use and stupid not to, we can easily drop SBW, Dagg and Slade to make room for him, with Piutau as FB cover instead of wing.

Quade Cooper to start at first five, Dave Pocock back to bench. A number of changes....Interesting

Wallabies: Israel Folau, Henry Speight, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Toomua, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Quade Cooper, Nic White, Wycliff Palu, Michael Hooper, Scott Fardy, Will Skelton, James Horwill, Sekope Kepu, Stephen Moore, Scott Sio. Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper, Greg Holmes, Kane Douglas, Dean Mumm, David Pocock, Matt Giteau, Kurtley Beale

Cheika might want to use Poey like he did vs South Africa, where he came on and had game changing impact.

Phipps gone.

Giteau reserve halfback?

Not surprised; Phipps was ordinary last week.

They clearly don't want to win the Bledisloe back, Cooper starting..

Im actually rather impressed by that team selection. Lets face it Foley did jack **** in that last game or any game he's been involved in for the wallabys for that matter.... I think with their tails up Cooper is not a terrible selection. I just hope the NZ crowd get stuck into him though because in the past he's never been able to handle it.

I honestly dont think they were going to catch us on the hop twice in a row with Hooper an Pocock in tandem. I think Hansen will be sweating a bit on this one.

That bench is pretty good aswell. They are clearly aiming to dominate us again in the forwards. CLEARLY look at that bench guys thats a huge forward split going on there!!

I gotta say im actually rather concerned. This will probably not be the cakewalk I was thinking it would be.

Last edited:
I was happy Foley and Phipps went then i saw Quade. Quade? Is this some kind of lull them into a false sense of security then bam swap him out after the bledisloe to win the world cup?

Come on Toulon take him back. Isnt he yours?

Im actually rather impressed by that team selection. Lets face it Foley did jack **** in that last game or any game he's been involved in for the wallabys for that matter.... I think with their tails up Cooper is not a terrible selection. I just hope the NZ crowd get stuck into him though because in the past he's never been able to handle it.

I honestly dont think they were going to catch us on the hop twice in a row with Hooper an Pocock in tandem. I think Hansen will be sweating a bit on this one.

That bench is pretty good aswell. They are clearly aiming to dominate us again in the forwards. CLEARLY look at that bench guys thats a huge forward split going on there!!

I gotta say im actually rather concerned. This will probably not be the cakewalk I was thinking it would be.

Dean Mumm, David Pocock, Matt Giteau and Kurtley Beale on the bench are gigantic impact players. But I'm not sure if it will count for much if they get dominated or suffer an All Blacks fightback from last week. Pocock can turn over as much ball as he wants - but it becomes a bit harder if you're 15 points down. Surely the AB tackling won't be that crap yet again. There are some great players in that starting side, but it's not their best by a long shot (the Aussie 15). Still not really convinced on Cooper personally. I know when he's on, he's really on. But when he's not he's really not. I dunno, I might be wrong. But I saw this in 2011. Inside of Australia the Wallabies and the Reds looked unstoppable. Away from those Aussie grounds, completely different story.

I hope Vito can add a little attacking flair and speed to the ABs. Last week had a vibe about it; "yeah yeah, we've seen that a million times." He's a very skilled player, and a very intelligent person as well. Just tends to go missing, especially when the pressure piles on. So I hope he's solid for the time he's on. Not just one mildly good sprint and then nothing.

Dean Mumm, David Pocock, Matt Giteau and Kurtley Beale on the bench are gigantic impact players. But I'm not sure if it will count for much if they get dominated or suffer an All Blacks fightback from last week. Pocock can turn over as much ball as he wants - but it becomes a bit harder if you're 15 points down. Surely the AB tackling won't be that crap yet again. There are some great players in that starting side, but it's not their best by a long shot (the Aussie 15). Still not really convinced on Cooper personally. I know when he's on, he's really on. But when he's not he's really not. I dunno, I might be wrong. But I saw this in 2011. Inside of Australia the Wallabies and the Reds looked unstoppable. Away from those Aussie grounds, completely different story.

I hope Vito can add a little attacking flair and speed to the ABs. Last week had a vibe about it; "yeah yeah, we've seen that a million times." He's a very skilled player, and a very intelligent person as well. Just tends to go missing, especially when the pressure piles on. So I hope he's solid for the time he's on. Not just one mildly good sprint and then nothing.

With Cooper he's nearly always played against us with a forward pack that was well beaten. This might not be the case on the weekend.

That team selection to me says Cheika is going for the throat. If it works they are going to be pretty chuffed with themselves thats for sure.

Note to mods: New thread required for New Zealand v Australia in the Rugby World Cup or International Test Matches section please.

The forwards who have been the most disappointing and particularly the props remain the same! Hansen has some tough choices to make with his back three. I hope victory comes because of specific improvements at the breakdown area and the scrum rather than just lifting that extra gear because of the crowd.
A message has been sent to Messam & Kaino thought rather late in my view. Why is Lima not on the bench?
It seems most unlikely he will be left behind .
I am beginning to ask my self does Hansen have the best team around him ?

Due to Aussies weak squad selection, if we win, it will only further mask problem areas I feel. What's going on with the tight. Why is Tony starting? He must be great mates with Steve, there's no other explanation.

Latest posts