• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v South Africa (17/09/2016)

Its a better lne-up than against Aus. Still carrying dead weight but its better(I question if our coaching setup would be able to get the best out of our best but lets get our best 15 on the field first) . Still gonna get hammered though.

On a different note, I don't think our politicians are going to be happy with this team. (4 POC that count, Beast not included). That does intrigue me, AC has pretty much met his requirements week in and week out on this front. Did he decide that he didn't want to do that when it comes to playing the All Blacks, or is it just a case of pressure being put on due to the losses and rotating out players he isn't happy with.

On a different note, I don't think our politicians are going to be happy with this team. (4 POC that count, Beast not included). That does intrigue me, AC has pretty much met his requirements week in and week out on this front. Did he decide that he didn't want to do that when it comes to playing the All Blacks, or is it just a case of pressure being put on due to the losses and rotating out players he isn't happy with.

I was thinking about that last night. Perhaps AC is poking the bear here and wants to see what will happen. Or perhaps AC just doesn't care and maybe wants to get a reaction from the Minister of Sports.

But then this morning I saw that Afriforum had their 2nd round at the UN, and one of the things that were discussed was that our Government hasn't compiled any reports on BEE and transformation in the past 8 years... So I guess, this could also have been something to do with the quota system...

If there is any chance of the Boks winning, then I would suggest AC flying in Mourinho as a consultant. The Boks should see this as a training exercise where they only focus on defence. If they get awarded the ball they must kick it out of their half. Don't even try to play rugby!

If there is any chance of the Boks winning, then I would suggest AC flying in Mourinho as a consultant. The Boks should see this as a training exercise where they only focus on defence. If they get awarded the ball they must kick it out of their half. Don't even try to play rugby!

I think the message to the boys will be that they have nothing to lose. So just go out and express themselves...

Who knows, we might even be competitive...

I think the message to the boys will be that they have nothing to lose. So just go out and express themselves...

Noooo don't get your hopes up! It's just going to hurt more at the end...

Okay, realistically Mourinho not happening (always hopeful) - But in terms of mindset, tactics & approach I think AC would have a long shot if preparation is based on defense. Like he did in his Stormers hay-days. He has clearly shown how far out of depth he is at getting through to his players and implementing a gameplan which is so beyond his expertise, sadly.

A phrase used far too often in south africa by rugby coaches, without anything real to back it up.

A phrase used far too often in south africa by rugby coaches, without anything real to back it up.

Haha, yeah, for all we know Willem Alberts will take a chair and sit in the middle of the field and read poetry to Retallick as a way to express his emotion that they are 2 ugly mother******....

Just to get my 2c's in I never considered Elton to be first choice, unfortunately he just doesn't have the temperament. If the team is performing, his forwards are doing well and the coach lets him do exactly what he wants he's great. Unfortunately we need someone who can dig deep regardless of the circumstances.
Pollard is the youngest of the lot, has the highest ceiling and has the temperament; he's our man assuming he can come back after such a long lay-off.

And yes sadly we have close to zero chance of winning this weekend. Someone said the bookies have us losing by 20 odd points and I think that's fair.

The spankings handed out to Oz and Argentina by the ABs point to only one type of scoreline here as it seems Hansen is intent that his team play hard for the full 80mins; and the players are happy to oblige because there is so much competition for places they have to take every chance they can get to impress as a good team player.

Looking at the way Faf, Jantjies and Goosen all contributed to kicking the ball to Folau (and often being unable to contest it because the kick was so poor) I'm a little concerned we are going to witness something unpleasant (unless your name is Ben Smith). I'd have been tempted to pick the best three kickers of ball from hand that SA have in those positions and play very conservative / territorial in this fixture to try and keep it close. Then resume experimenting in safer fixtures where there is less chance of getting a beating that would damage morale.

NZ by 30-33 if the weather is okay (by 20-23 if the weather is bad)

so apparently Cruden has a groin injury which he picked up in super rugby and aggravated warming up in Hamilton which is why Lima is on the bench.

I thought Cruden looked ok in Hamilton my biggest concern is that when he is coming on towards the end of games he's kicking too much. In those scenarios where we have the momentum all we need to do is hold possession and points will come.

Haha, yeah, for all we know Willem Alberts will take a chair and sit in the middle of the field and read poetry to Retallick as a way to express his emotion that they are 2 ugly mother******....

I once had a theory that some of the ugliest rugby players are the best players. Not sure if that's true anymore :D

I think this Bokke team has some real strengths going forward, the issue will be in defence.
Historically Bokke teams have been very strong defensively.
I'm not so sure about this team but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a few irons out of the fire because they have a habit of doing that against us.

I think this Bokke team has some real strengths going forward, the issue will be in defence.
Historically Bokke teams have been very strong defensively.
I'm not so sure about this team but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a few irons out of the fire because they have a habit of doing that against us.

I think AB supporters are going through the same motions they had ahead of France in RWC2015. Uncertain but confident, but it ended being a complete blowout.
I think this will be the same.

I know we will be SMACKED, but I still can't wait for the game. I want to see Jaco Kriel against Ardie Savea, pitty Jaco's on the bench. I would love to see Francois Hougaard against Aaron Smith, pity Francois is on the wing. Maybe Faf will at least keep Aaron busy.

I REALLY wish we could at LEAST be competitive for most of the game. Not going to happen me thinks. I think the AB's can still manage to win big with 14 players. Maybe Brodie will take one for all rugby fans in the world and absolutely smash Jantjies from the field.

Now just to make me look like a bigger idiot Jantjies will have the game of his life and make us win........

I do like/appreciate the fact that a lot of the All Blacks supporters still respect the Springboks and think that we will put up a challenge, but unfortunately those days are gone. You guys don't need to be cautious of us. This will be a very one sided match for the All Blacks...

I think we will win by about 20 points, but it will be a hard slog ... I'm quite happy to eat humble pie if the result is a lot closer. The Springboks are the most consistent when it comes to challenging the ABs, but I think the return match will be the best match/closest match (no disrespect to Argentina) of this year RC

Latest posts