• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v South Africa (17/09/2016)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
140916065417362597.png

140916065415463267.png
140916065416590853.png
140916065418551640.png

Venue: AMI Stadium, Addington, Christchurch
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Referee: Angus Gardner
Assistant Referees: Pascal Gauzere & Marius Mitrea
TMO: George Ayoub

Teams

New Zealand: 15 Ben Smith 14 Israel Dagg, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Brodie Retallick, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Joe Moody

Substitutes: 16 James Parsons, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Charlie Faumuina, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Matt Todd, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Lima Sopoaga, 23 Anton Lienert-Brown

South Africa: 15 Johan Goosen, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Juan de Jongh, 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Lourens Adriaanse, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Willem Alberts, 21 Jaco Kriel, 22 Morne Steyn, 23 Damian de Allende

Last edited:
ABs by 20-30 sounds about right to me.

Heineken has finally broken. Welcome to the pessimist's club Hein.

We always raise our game for the ABs so..

ABs by 20 - 30.

Not pessimistic, just realistic.

Something drastic has to happen this week to make me excited about this game.

For once I am glad that I will not be able to watch it live on Saturday.

Goosen for flyhalf!If we get an inspired performance from our 10. Good ball distribution, takes his chances and nail his kicks like 2009 Morne or Montgomery then our chances are better. Otherwise i agree All blacks by at least 20.

Goosen for flyhalf!If we get an inspired performance from our 10. Good ball distribution, takes his chances and nail his kicks like 2009 Morne or Montgomery then our chances are better. Otherwise i agree All blacks by at least 20.

here's the team I'd like to see this weekend:

1. Kitshoff
2. Marx
3. Adriaanse
4. Etzebeth
5. PSDT
6. Kriel
7. Alberts
8. Whiteley

9. De Klerk
10. Goosen
11. Hougaard
12. De Jongh
13. Mapoe
14. Habana
15. Kriel

Just replace Faf with Hougaard, and choose another wing....can be Bismarck for all I care.

here's the team I'd like to see this weekend:

1. Kitshoff
2. Marx
3. Adriaanse
4. Etzebeth
5. PSDT
6. Kriel
7. Alberts
8. Whiteley

9. De Klerk
10. Goosen
11. Hougaard
12. De Jongh
13. Mapoe
14. Habana
15. Kriel
Thats pretty much our best starting lineup and the closer AC picks his lineup to that the better.
Koch should not be forgotten too easily though.
Maybe its going to be a good call to make all our overseas players available for the home leg. F.Steyn included. We got to get players that are used to winning back in. I hope we are not breeding a generation of players with a losing culture.

Think we are going to have our best game of the RC so far so I'm calling ABs by only 15!! One has to try and stay positive you know. I'll take over the batton from Heineken seeing as reality has finally hit him for six.

I am not even going to watch this match. I know we are going to lose, but just can't force my self to watch us getting demolished in another match.

My head says All Blacks by 30 - 40 and my heart says 15 - 25 (won't happen).

I am not even going to watch this match. I know we are going to lose, but just can't force my self to watch us getting demolished in another match.

My head says All Blacks by 30 - 40 and my heart says 15 - 25 (won't happen).

Depends on selections but TBH if we (AC) havn't cottoned on yet, why expect any major changes.

Depends on selections but TBH if we (AC) havn't cottoned on yet, why expect any major changes.

Yes I agree, unfortunately I can't see AC making the necessary changes. That's why I am predicting that we are going to get destroyed.

According to Sport24.co.za, the Bookies say the All Blacks will win by 22.

But I have the feeling we're going to get slaughtered. And to an extent, I think Hansen wants that to happen, as a gesture to his fallen buddy HM.

The lack of news reports from the Bok camp doesn't make me think that they are taking this as seriously as we are.

OK - if we're putting it all out there-
Boks won't cross the line- a few converted penalties at best

AB's will get the bonus point 4 tries at least.
Add at least 5 converted penalties ( Bok ill-discipline)

Score line looks something like a spread of 48-54 to 9-12

AB's by 35 - 45

Last edited:
According to Sport24.co.za, the Bookies say the All Blacks will win by 22.

But I have the feeling we're going to get slaughtered. And to an extent, I think Hansen wants that to happen, as a gesture to his fallen buddy HM.

The lack of news reports from the Bok camp doesn't make me think that they are taking this as seriously as we are.

100% Agree with you. For some reason South Africans still think we will pick up our game against NZ... Most people thought that for almost every match we played so far. Time and time again the Springboks have shown that they will not start finding form as a team. So there is absolutely no reason in my opinion that this match will be any different.

Maybe Hougaard/Steyn as the halfback pairing. There's some experience there.

If any SA fans needs someone to talk to, I'm here. As a Wallaby fan, I feel your empathy

Latest posts