• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2017/18 Champions cup & Challenge Cup Pools draw thread.

Sounds like MOC is wanting to do the same think in terms of trimming for Tigers.
We have had an unusual amount of academy promotions in a year though. Decent crop. Could earmark a few for breakthroughs this year for sure. We're still a few signings away from being able to make a real run at it

Hoping Clermont can end Sarries run like they did Leinster in 2013 so Leinster can swoop after the break up like that guy you were told not to worry about!

Pretty ticked about playing the same teams again

I think Wasps and Toulon fans will have the most reason to be pleased with it.

I can see a pool exit for Toulouse - just boredom from playing in the Challenge Cup.

If ERPC wanted to provide us with zero incentive to play in Challenge, they couldn't have done a better job.

What Toulouse fans are going to go back to the stadium to watch us play...Lyon after we've played them in Top 14?!

Merchandising i.e. selling the Toulouse brand generates more revenues to the club than playing in Europe. We're more bankable as a club than the Challenge Cup as a competition. That's saying somehting.

I can see a pool exit for Toulouse - just boredom from playing in the Challenge Cup.

If ERPC wanted to provide us with zero incentive to play in Challenge, they couldn't have done a better job.

What Toulouse fans are going to go back to the stadium to watch us play...Lyon after we've played them in Top 14?!

Merchandising i.e. selling the Toulouse brand generates more revenues to the club than playing in Europe. We're more bankable as a club than the Challenge Cup as a competition. That's saying somehting.
is auto qualification for Campions Cup not incentive enough?

is auto qualification for Campions Cup not incentive enough?

you have to put out a strong squad for 9 matches just for a chance at qualification, i'm toulouse i'd save my players for the league as that would provide better odds for making champions cup next year

Schedule released. For anyone interested as the undercard to Munster Tigers on the 19th of December myself and @Tigs Man will come to blows in Thomond Park upon which I'll probably pull a knife cause it's in my blood and he's likely much bigger than me. Likely to be available in the red button.

i'd save my players for the league as that would provide better odds for making champions cup next year
absolutely. That's exactly what the club is going to do.

Pool 1: Wasps, Ulster
Pool 2: Clermont, Saracens
Pool 3: Exeter Chiefs, Leinster
Pool 4: Munster, Leicester
Pool 5: Scarlets, Toulon

Winners: Saracens or Clermont
Dark horses: Exeter and Leinster

Last edited:
Schedule released. For anyone interested as the undercard to Munster Tigers on the 19th of December myself and @Tigs Man will come to blows in Thomond Park upon which I'll probably pull a knife cause it's in my blood and he's likely much bigger than me. Likely to be available in the red button.

and in both cases Tigers will win.

Gonna start training in MMA now.

Last edited:
You with MMA VS me on MDMA.... Your preparation will go out the window when 67kg giant foaming at the mouth is coming at you like a dog on chips.
all he's gotta do is turn on some house music and you'll end up dry humping the nearest statue

Tigers champions cup squad:
Hooker: Jake Kerr, George McGuigan, Harry Thacker, T.Youngs, (4)
Props: Greg Bateman, Dan Cole, Pat Cilliers, Ellis Genge, Logo, Mulipola, Kyle Traynor, (6)
Locks: Dom Barrow, Mike Fitzgerald, Graham Kitchener, Joe Maksymiw, Harry Wells, (5)
Back Row: Will Evans, Luke Hamilton, Sione Kalamafoni, Tino Mapaplangi, Brendon O'Connor, Dominic Ryan, Mike Williams, (7)
Scrum Half: Sam Harrison, Harry Simmons, Ben White, Ben Youngs, (4)
Fly Half: George Ford, Joe Ford, (2)
Centre: Gareth Owen, Matt Smith, Matthew Tait, Charlie Thacker, Matt To'omua, Manu Tuilagi, (6)
Wing: Tom Brady, Nick Malouf, Jonny May, Adam Thompstone, (4)
Full Back: Atieli Pakalani, Telusa Veainu, George Worth, (3)

41 players
27 EQP
15 academy products.

Lyon and Toulouse, currently 1st and 3rd respectively in the Top14 should be among the favourites to win this competition - IF they take it seriously.
However,'tis a shame that they've been drawn in the same group!