• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] QF2: Crusaders vs. Highlanders (22/07/2017)

36 mins in and the Highlanders have barely had possession in the Crusaders half. The conditions are making a huge difference, as is the Highlander's poor lineout. I'd have liked Gardner to TMO that try, he was a good 5 seconds before he arrived on the scene so there was massive scope for a double movement.

The only thing I think any Highlanders supporter can take out of this match is we wont have to watch Fekitoa run side ways and hog the ball all game ever again......

Marty Banks is clearly the better 10 in these conditions than Sopoanga aswell.

That was a good old fashioned shutout.

The 'Saders will be happier about keeping the 'Landers scoreless for the whole game than they will be concerned about not being able to score in the second half

Nothing changes, dry or wet. Aaron is 100% predictable. He doesn't run, so either does his ineffectual box kicks or passes to someone under more pressure than him. Sadly, as with Ben, he is way past his "use by" date in a sport which raises the levels year by year.

Look at Perenara. The most committed player I have seen for years. 100% energy from go to whoa and happy to take a heavy tackle if it means giving his five eights a break. Not one player in the comp is such a dependable supporter for guys who make line breaks and he just happens to be the worlds best try scoring half-back of his era.

This game, which I have watched many time now on the video, explains exactly why the AB's drew their series with the Lions. It is total arrogance for any selectors not to field their best team - worse still if they get knighted for losing twice as the redhot favourites. Not one single AB on show convinced me they are worthy of their position. The AB skipper was way below par and, despite their win, his AB team-mates followed his lead.

Forgetting totally my 100% bias and my hope of getting to Wellington for the final, I back the Chiefs to beat the 'Saders,

The rest is ordained by logic. "Canes beat the Lions as usual and thrash the Chiefs at the Cake tin.

wow saders were ruthless.
lSquire deserved his yellow. was a real meat head tackle attempt.

yeah it was a yellow, IMO so was Canes tackle. These guys simply need to keep the tackles down I really dont understand it. Sure they train to tackle as high as they can without hitting the head to make the point of impact as far away from the center of gravity as they can because it has a greater impact, more chance of stopping the player and maybe dislodging the ball or at least preventing an offload but the line is too fine these days, these guys have to adjust and start going under the ball aim for just above the elbow on the ball carrying arm, or figure out some other technique that reduced the chance of them getting carded...

Latest posts