• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland v Italy (3/10/18)

Are there any online highlights of this anywhere? I've done ever so well to avoid the score so I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

Bwahahahah... hah... h...

:(

https://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2018/ireland-v-italy.html

35,000 attendance for this match at Soldier Field. Not bad, but way down on 2016 when it was 62,000. Not surprising as it was ABs rather than Italy. Still be interesting to see breakdown of crowd - whether it was mainly ex pats, or locals attending/American hardcore rugby fans flying in to attend. Also viewership on tv/online in the USA.

g-z3tKfvMReihvW7RrkjgI2jMx8=.gif

Well, from what I was reading I was expecting a 70 point margin. Still atrocious mind, and yet more evidence that O'Shea is utterly out of his depth. "Highlights" below:

Not to take too much away from the Irish and their remarkable depth, but the tackling was abysmal for some of those tries.

Well, from what I was reading I was expecting a 70 point margin. Still atrocious mind, and yet more evidence that O'Shea is utterly out of his depth. "Highlights" below:

Not to take too much away from the Irish and their remarkable depth, but the tackling was abysmal for some of those tries.

Not sure I'd blame O'Shea, but I think he needs to decide whether he's the coach or more of a development officer. The situation in Italian rugby is undeniably improving but the senior team is what drives interest and perception and ultimately while they're showing signs of improvement they're still struggling big-time.

Huge, huge game against Georgia next week that I fancy them to win tbh.

The thing is for Italy. Whatever about the quality, it was the pure basics that were poor. Like Larmour got a great try and there was a few more phases where they looked brill and great offensive work but also really poor defensive play. Missed tackles that would be criminal at kids level, miscommunication of an amateur level and just really poor overall setups.

Latest posts