• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 3: New Zealand v Argentina (08/09/2018)

Good test. Feel the All Blacks would almost be better slowing the game down. They're pretty dominant at the set piece, but Argentina have looked good in the loose. I mean, how good are the Argentinian back three? Masterful runners with the ball.

I just get the feeling the ref is blowing Arg quite harshly at breakdown (going off feet, not releasing, coming in from side etc etc) but ABs seem to do precisely the same without consequence.

I just get the feeling the ref is blowing Arg quite harshly at breakdown (going off feet, not releasing, coming in from side etc etc) but ABs seem to do precisely the same without consequence.
To beat the ABs you have to beat the ref as well.

Love my boys' effort, but i think we'll pay dearly for such a pace. We are a temperamental bunch and that disallowed try will hurt us.

Thought the same especially coming in from the side. Franks particularly guilty of this when clearing out.

Argentina has been impressive and looking forward to what they could do to Aus and NZ in Argentina, i hope they can play NZ or Aus in Mendoza, the South Africans are used to the altitude but Aus will suffer there especially with that crowd.

Perenara is a very good player, one that i respect for his playing ability but his attitude and behaviour is a cancer for rugby.

Pumas playing some good footy, if they carry this to the world cup next year, the poms will be searching for those pool ladders again

OK - so why don't all players start passing high forcing your team mate to leap up to catch the pass - especially close to the try line - opponent can't touch you.
I get that the decision was correct in terms of the law but the law is flawed.

OK - so why don't all players start passing high forcing your team mate to leap up to catch the pass - especially close to the try line - opponent can't touch you.
I get that the decision was correct in terms of the law but the law is flawed.
Jumping into a tackle is dangerous play

When we were close we missed easy tackles(especially when we were 25 to 17, middle of the field). Again, we got to 2 tries against in the base of the ruck. Those are concentration issues, i get that when you get tired you will make those mistakes. It seems we can either defend hard o attack hard not both.

Sanchez again playing at another level for us. Maybe we can get a win against Aus. AB`s good as always another RC for them.

Why is it that it is always Smithy (I think?) who is the commentator for the Argentina matches and not Grant? It seems like it happens every year for the Argentina games, both home and away.

Yea probably but does the law state that?
Famously it says the opposite, lions test last year, lions players jumps to catch a wayward pass and is tackled by Charlie famuina who is then penalised for tackling a player in the air...madness

Latest posts