• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 6: Argentina v Australia (07/10/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
140916065417362597.png

77TMMVD.png
j7lEIMe.png
SxGOCQa.png

Venue: Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena
Time: 00:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

If we can keep mistakes low we can win again. They have pride, they dont want to be last. This is going to be a nice match. Pumas by 5.

I think Australia may sneak this by a whisker. thought they did OK against the Boks but weren't clinical enough. I know Argentina won the reverse fixture in Australia but I can see the Wallabies returning the favour by less than 7 points.

I didn't think we could get any worse than the Argentina performance, but we did against South Africa. I have no faith in this team, against any opposition.

Argentina should be filthy with themselves if they don't win.

Australia need to win by over 7 points to avoid the wooden spoon.

There isn't much wrong with the Aussie team pound for pound, a lot of their players are world class. That said Argentina are firing on all cylinders and the Aussie's aren't. For the first time in a long while I think it's fair to say the Argies are outright favourites. Huge game for them.

To be honest, i thought the RSAvAUS game last weekend was closer than what the score suggests.
My heart says Arg, my mind says 50/50.

There isn't much wrong with the Aussie team pound for pound, a lot of their players are world class. That said Argentina are firing on all cylinders and the Aussie's aren't. For the first time in a long while I think it's fair to say the Argies are outright favourites. Huge game for them.
There is plenty wrong with it, actually.

The Argentinian back three should really relish this. We give away a few easy tries every match. I can see them really putting us to the sword.

Australia: 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Israel Folau, 13 Reece Hodge, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Will Genia, 8 David Pocock, 7 Michael Hooper (c), 6 Ned Hanigan, 5 Adam Coleman, 4 Izack Rodda, 3 Taniela Tupou, 2 Folau Fainga'a, 1 Scott Sio

Replacements: 16 Tolu Latu, 17 Sekope Kepu, 18 Allan Alaalatoa, 19 Rob Simmons, 20 Rory Arnold, 21 Caleb Timu, 22 Nick Phipps, 23 Matt Toomua, 24 Tom Banks

Aussies should be a fair bit better with this Waratahs 10/12 combination. Foley is poor at goal kicking but is by far their best 10 in open play in my experience. DHP is not world class in my opinion. He lacks pace and is like Rob Kearney but without the ability to kick a reliable up and under, or like Leigh Halfpenny without the goalkicking.

It's mission impossible for Cheika, he has to experiment before the RWC but he must know that every experiment he makes will likely weaken his side due to wafer thin depth.

De la Fuente back at 12 is good (how did he do at 13 last week?). I agree with above, 50/50.

Aussies should be a fair bit better with this Waratahs 10/12 combination. Foley is poor at goal kicking but is by far their best 10 in open play in my experience. DHP is not world class in my opinion. He lacks pace and is like Rob Kearney but without the ability to kick a reliable up and under, or like Leigh Halfpenny without the goalkicking.

It's mission impossible for Cheika, he has to experiment before the RWC but he must know that every experiment he makes will likely weaken his side due to wafer thin depth.

De la Fuente back at 12 is good (how did he do at 13 last week?). I agree with above, 50/50.
Beale needs to be dropped, but i agree that having Foley on the field should improve them.

Disagree on DHP. I think he's a natural fullback and gives the back three far more balance than having Folau there.

The Pumas at home are always a force and like the Boks, will be determined to show that their win on the Gold Coast wasn't a one-off.

The changes to the Wallabies team gives them a slightly more dangerous look, and they are desperate for a win.

With the Championship already decided, this match being the last will definitely not be low-key as the wooden spoon will be decided here.

Argentina should win this. If they don't, I think they will only have themselves to blame.

That may well be the worst half of rugby I have ever seen from an Australian side, some of their side look like they have zero interest in making tackles.

Australia are just playing the most awful rugby. Can't tackle, can't catch and pass. On the other hand Argentina looking great.

wow what a first half! amazing how good Gonzales Iglesias came I'm in. hope he can keep it up in the second.
what is wrong with the wallabies? they look lost in the pitch.
this could set a record. long way to go before this ends.

ESPN Play was showing the Aussie changing room and the effusive talk of Cheika.

Latest posts