• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 6: Argentina v Australia (07/10/2018)

What the hell happened at half time? Two completely different teams on the field.

HAHA FFS we are like a pancake. I hate us so much right now.

Lost for words. The phrase "a game of two halves" was never more fitting.

How on earth is that a yellow card. Intentional elbow to the face of a guy who's back is on the ground. For a second i thought i was watching the prelims of UFC 229.

Game is over.

Two sides conceding 30+ points is indicative of bad rugby unfortunately. Both of these sides ****** up this RWC cycle imo.

what does that mean?

i notice you always bash southern hemisphere rugby, but fact remains Ireland have won bugger all ever mate, i'd hardly be passing judgement on two teams that have accomplished more than ireland at rugby world cups

Two sides conceding 30+ points is indicative of bad rugby unfortunately. Both of these sides ****** up this RWC cycle imo.
Guess who comes from the northern hemisphere? haha. Just because Ireland could only put three tries past the worst defence in probably the top 8 over three tests, doesn't mean high scoring rugby is bad.

Best half of rugby i've seen from us all year, backline players actually played square, Latu brought some aggression and adline ball carrying that the rest of the pack seemed to latch onto.

Shows we can play a little rugby if we ditch the retarded game plan and go back to basics.

How on earth is that a yellow card. Intentional elbow to the face of a guy who's back is on the ground. For a second i thought i was watching the prelims of UFC 229.

Game is over.
Glancing blow with the forearm, let's not get carried away.

Glancing blow with the forearm, let's not get carried away.
Totally agree there Derp. Lets take a closer look on the Qantas replay...
giphy.gif

what does that mean?

i notice you always bash southern hemisphere rugby, but fact remains Ireland have won bugger all ever mate, i'd hardly be passing judgement on two teams that have accomplished more than ireland at rugby world cups

Guess who comes from the northern hemisphere? haha. Just because Ireland could only put three tries past the worst defence in probably the top 8 over three tests, doesn't mean high scoring rugby is bad.

Best half of rugby i've seen from us all year, backline players actually played square, Latu brought some aggression and adline ball carrying that the rest of the pack seemed to latch onto.

Shows we can play a little rugby if we ditch the retarded game plan and go back to basics.
I will go admit I should have said "usually indicative of bad rugby", it wasn't a criticism of NZ or SA. But that game? Yeah, it was two teams defending badly against each other, not a whole lot more to it.

Bash Ireland all you want, they've achieved far more than these two in the last year and it'd take something approaching divine intervention to change that next year.

Mate the Irish are one of our biggests if not the greatest threat in Europe NZ faces.....if i'm not mistaken they're 6 Nations champs,,,defending European Champions Cup champs with Leinster...Pro 14 Champs with Leinster...they have awesome depth all over the park so not to be taken lightly.
Former Chiefs Bundy Aki and James Lowe are doing fantastically well over there as well;... so it can't be long before we see Lowe joining Aki in an Irish jersey surely..

Former Chief and NZ U20s player Rhys Marshall another one that would'nt look too out of place in the Irish jersey.

Last edited:
I will go admit I should have said "usually indicative of bad rugby", it wasn't a criticism of NZ or SA. But that game? Yeah, it was two teams defending badly against each other, not a whole lot more to it.

Bash Ireland all you want, they've achieved far more than these two in the last year and it'd take something approaching divine intervention to change that next year.

fair enough, just thought it was an odd comment since both teams in Chicago conceded close to 30 points and that was a carcking match and the AB's and Boks have done it in two games in a row now

i dunno mate, ireland seem to usually go into a world cup with high expectations to only fall short of them yearly and i'd watch out for the same next year with South Africa becoming a force to be reckoned with again, a couple of injuries and u seem to struggle as well

for me both Argentina and Australia can produce a good performcen on any given day and are not writes off's either to the point where they need divine intervension to finish above ireland at world cup, i'd be careful where you put your foot

Latest posts