• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 3: Australia vs. New Zealand (10/08/2019)

Congratulations Australia. That was a great match.

Two old rivals beating the crap out of each other.

Best wishes next weekend Wallabies! :cool:

Last edited:
Aussies were at least on par up until the RC and really pushed on after it. For the ABs some serious questions now in run up to World Cup. Not having a settled backline is criminal at his stage of the cycle.

Was very impressed by Aussies ability to break tackles, don't think I've ever seen the ABs miss as many as they did today

I'm disappointed for our rivals, but well done Aus. World Cup is definitely wide open.

If Aus can use this as a platform to rebound, I reckon, it's any of Ireland, Wales, England, Aus, NZ or SA!

All Blacks look like they've finally plateaued, defensively not so good and look really bland on attack, almost as if they're playing from point to point rather than what's infront of them. Couldn't adjust to a team that refused to kick the ball back to them

I had:

Aus to win.

Tries by: Koroibete, Laumape and Ioane.

I'll take that.

Hansen's persistence with this dual playmaker nonsense fired back, as it meant moving a world class full back, Ben Smith, to 14, while not developing a proper player to play on the right wing.

Likewise, I did not feel like Mo'unga overall offered more that Barrett at 10, save for maybe when he kicked at goal.

Read had a good game and so was Coles.

Pretty stupid for a Scott Barrett, was obviously that the red card is going to be a match turning decision.

All in all, very worried for this AB team, but the more open the RWC, probably the better.

Dunno. Red card was huge. We looked dangerous when we had the ball, compared to previous games with SA and Argentina. I think the high energy looseys in Ardie, Cane and Read, mixed with that back line is really good for us. We didn't look dangerous with Fritzell, we hardly ever do with Squire. I would say that's our loose trio, absolutely. We still have our multiple time Super Rugby Champion centres pairing yet to play a game this season in the black jersey. Aussie looked alright, won't work vs the fast off the line defence of Ireland, England, South Africa, practically everyone they'll meet in the knock-out stages. We were still causing them grief with 14 men.

Hansen's persistence with this dual playmaker nonsense fired back, as it meant moving a world class full back, Ben Smith, to 14, while not developing a proper player to play on the right wing.

Likewise, I did not feel like Mo'unga overall offered more that Barrett at 10, save for maybe when he kicked at goal.

Read had a good game and so was Coles.

Pretty stupid for a Scott Barrett, was obviously that the red card is going to be a match turning decision.

All in all, very worried for this AB team, but the more open the RWC, probably the better.

We had Nehe Milner-Skudder, you could easily have had Ben Smith at Fullback, NMS at 14, and McKenzie on the bench. It's not going to work like that this year.

Congratulations to Aussie , solid allround performance .
Hope the ABs can turn it around next week . IMHO i cant see them comming back without, at least Brodie .
I have seen Scott Barrett do the same shoulder charge clean out a few times this season and get away with it .

If you play the best 15 in the world on the wing and the best 10 in the world on 15.... what do you expect?

Glad for the loss actually... hope selection questions are answered now...

10. Barrett
11.Ioane
14. Bridge
15. Smith B

If you play the best 15 in the world on the wing and the best 10 in the world on 15.... what do you expect?

Glad for the loss actually... hope selection questions are answered now...

10. Barrett
11.Ioane
14. Bridge
15. Smith B
Ioane was a player I was really underwhelmed with. Missed tackles and it seemed his positioning wasn't great at times. All in all very concerning.

Game was over at half time once Garces gave that ridiculous red card.

Latest posts