TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Might as well move the chat to here seeing as we're on the home stretch to the tournament starting.

Current EPS (named specifically for the Ireland test) is:

Forwards
Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens) *, Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors) *, Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Backs
Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Dan Robson (Wasps) *, Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors), Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby) *, Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

*Uncapped

Id have to go with

1. Mako
2. George
3. Williams
4. Itoje
5. Lawes
6. Wilson
7. TCurry
8. Billy
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Faz
13. Manu
14. Cockanasiga
15. Brown

16. LCD
17. Genge
18. Sinkler
19. Launchbury
20. Clifford(out of players there and shields injured, better than having hughes, a man who learned his breakdown skills from Hask)
21. Robson
22. Devoto
23. Daly

Thats what id like to see, many think Genge over Mako but i think we will need Makos experience and genge will make an impact as a finisher, with LCD and Sinkler we have some power there. Launchbury a strong player and very reliable player and will have an impact. Clifford is a mobile back rower and could make a difference.

Robson is the obvious choice
Devoto is a big lad, decent carrier and can act as a second playmaker. Daly can be 13 cover any back 3 position.

And i just want to see if ford faz manu works.

My thoughts what would you change?

I agree with someone who mentioned it in the main England thread. Nowell for the wing considering how much Ireland like to kick it, especially if you play Manu and Billy, you already have two big ball carriers to punch holes or suck in defences. Big Joe starts to become redundant. Nowell has shown how capable he is under the high ball over the last couple of weekends.

I agree with someone who mentioned it in the main England thread. Nowell for the wing considering how much Ireland like to kick it, especially if you play Manu and Billy, you already have two big ball carriers to punch holes or suck in defences. Big Joe starts to become redundant. Nowell has shown how capable he is under the high ball over the last couple of weekends.
Aye, I agree with that - going up against the best kicking halfback partnership in the world, we can't have anyone suspect at the back (i.e. Daly)

Toltally see your point and he can cover FB and OC if needed. I put big joe in there because i like the idea of manu being a decoy fixing the 13 leaving joe 1 on 1 with the wing but honestly would be happy with either, joe needs gametime more than nowell though IMO

Joe, Manu and Binny all in the same team. Oh, that works for me. Will never happen through injury, but any defence would worry about that lot.

My wings would be May and Joe. I haven't seen Nowell over the past couple of weeks at 15 but in Dublin I'd be putting Brown back in. Nowell, assuming, he's not flanking, can bench while Daly can take a break - not sure if he's out of form or his head's elsewhere, but either way we have better options in all his positions at the moment.

I'm not sure how England fans think, but I can't predict what 10,12,13 will be at all. I'm thinking more towards Farrell at 10, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Ford, Farrell, Tulangi combo. I don't think we will see much surprise in the back 3 though. Brown and May will start with the other winger shirt between Daly and Nowell.

I'd fancy

Farrell
May
Devoto
Manu or Daly when Manu gets injured in training
Nowel
Brown

We really need to try a new option at 12 now!!! If Faz gets injured in the World Cup we are screwed! Espically as Ford is going to buckle under pressure as always.

Regarding the Williams vs Cole debate..Munster seemed to have the upper hand at scrum-time against Chiefs whereas, despite having Bateman the other side and Kerr next to him, Cole was solid as ever against Ulster. Interesting to see which way Eddie goes with this but I'm standing by my man though. Cole for 3, Sinckler for 18.

We really need to try a new option at 12 now!!! If Faz gets injured in the World Cup we are screwed! Espically as Ford is going to buckle under pressure as always.
Ummm how is a new option at 12 going to help us if Farrell gets injured whilst playing at 10? I mean considering its Ford your worried about.

Also why has everyone got a hard on for Devoto of late? He's never looked like stepping up International level.

Ummm how is a new option at 12 going to help us if Farrell gets injured whilst playing at 10? I mean considering its Ford your worried about.

Also why has everyone got a hard on for Devoto of late? He's never looked like stepping up International level.

I mean we've played Ford at 10 with Farrell at 12 and yes it can work. We've played Farrell and T'eo and yes it can work. But lose Farrell and we are in a sticky situation. T'eo is injury prone and not that great a player.

I guess I was joking about Ford a little, but if Ford is injured, then Farrell goes to 10. But if Farrell is injured we don't have another 12 option who is a ball player like Farrell. So Devoto gives the option if Farrell is injured.

Hope that makes sense.

I mean we've played Ford at 10 with Farrell at 12 and yes it can work. We've played Farrell and T'eo and yes it can work. But lose Farrell and we are in a sticky situation. T'eo is injury prone and not that great a player.

I guess I was joking about Ford a little, but if Ford is injured, then Farrell goes to 10. But if Farrell is injured we don't have another 12 option who is a ball player like Farrell. So Devoto gives the option if Farrell is injured.

Hope that makes sense.

If Farrell gets injured...how about Ford-Teo/Tuilagi-Slade....also How is Lozowski doing?

Cause Slade has been muck and Devoto is in fine form atm, so is worth a look at least.

I'd go Ford/Farrell/Manu
May/Nowell/Brown back three
Two of Devoto/Slade and Daly/Joe C on the bench

If Farrell gets injured...how about Ford-Teo/Tuilagi-Slade....also How is Lozowski doing?

Manu is not a 12 and T'eo is not a top class 12 and a completely different style to Farrell, Loz is an option. Can't remember seeing him play 12 in a while though.

Manu is not a 12 and T'eo is not a top class 12 and a completely different style to Farrell, Loz is an option. Can't remember seeing him play 12 in a while though.

Only reason I suggested is because Eddie has repeatedly gone for Teo at 12 and has also said he wants to see Manu at 12, even though he isn't one nor does he feature there for Tigers.

I don't see Manu can't play 12. 13 is probably the harder position to defend, I doubt attack would be much of a struggle to adapt.

How long till we are talking JJ back in the 13 shirt? And i never watched the bath game how did he get on?

Not my fantasy line up, but given where we are I'd like to see:

1. Genge
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Kruis
6. Wilson
7. Curry
8. Binny
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Manu
14. Coka, but understandable if benched given injury.
15. Brown

Mako, LCD, Sinckler, Lawes, Clifford, Robson, Devoto, Nowell,

Not my fantasy line up, but given where we are I'd like to see:

1. Genge
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Kruis
6. Wilson
7. Curry
8. Binny
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Manu
14. Coka, but understandable if benched given injury.
15. Brown

Mako, LCD, Sinckler, Lawes, Clifford, Robson, Devoto, Nowell,

That's what I would go for, maybe Nowell or Daly over Joe, but I don't mind either really.

How long till we are talking JJ back in the 13 shirt? And i never watched the bath game how did he get on?

I watched it on TV. Looked and played like a pretty decent performance from JJ. Definitely didn't look like he just came back from injury, was solid in defence as always and wanted to try and jink away in style but nothing really came off..

Hopefully form and fitness improves between now and end of season to give us really selections dilemmas pre world cup. Wouldn't rush him back for 6N

Latest posts