• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 13 (10, 11 & 12 May 2019)

Borsch is a fighter

The guy is box office

He's the one guy on Sharks team where I'm genuinely nervous about him carving up the opposing team's defences

He should in Springbok's squad for RWC 2019

The game itself was okay not as good as Lander vs Jagaures match that preceded it

Chiefs are still unlikely to make Top 8 as they need to win their last 4 games including a trip to Fiji to "host" Crusaders

& then travel to AUS to play Rebels in Melbourne

Sharks are slight favourites to win SA Conference

well done chiefs we needed 2 more points!!
nice match. bosch brings so much to de sharks!
was the ref to harsh to de jags?. there's a lot of complaining going on on social media.
imo some late calls looked homeish. I could challenge 3 pens and a knock on but didn't seem shocking as some claim

was the ref to harsh to de jags?. there's a lot of complaining going on on social media.
imo some late calls looked homeish. I could challenge 3 pens and a knock on but didn't seem shocking as some claim

Jaguares should be content with the Losing BP

Highlanders are a good team at home

Jags lost the game in the last 5 minutes of 1st half

Bofelli playing Volleyball and moving the ball 30 yards didn't help NOR

did Cancilliere being offside and giving a 5m lineout to Landers to score from

Jags were good overall Paulos Kramer were solid as was Diaz Bonilla & back 3

Negatives were Juamni Leguiismion like JM Hernandez needs to retire too old

Props are still rubbish at set pieces

Lezana while excellent as a ball carrier and offloader still misses too many tackles T REX arms don't help his cause

The Chiefs vs Sharks match was a very fun match to watch, i was sad at the ending but thats Rugby. We should have won this game.

The Sharks are starting to show the potential that we knew they had before the season started. They might probably pull a classic Sharks move in the weeks ahead and lose games they really should be winning but I really think we are the best team in the SA conference at the moment.

Bosch
Du Preez twins
van der Walt
Fassi
Mapimpi
Nkosi

These guys are really making a difference in each game and at full strength, I think we can beat any team on paper. However, paper is simpler than a strong mentality and this is where I feel we lack. You should see the Shark players on Instagram after a win! they go ape **** and do all kinds of parties only for them to come crashing down to earth the next week. I seriously think some players pitch up for training with hangovers.

The Chiefs vs Sharks match was a very fun match to watch, i was sad at the ending but thats Rugby. We should have won this game.

The Sharks are starting to show the potential that we knew they had before the season started. They might probably pull a classic Sharks move in the weeks ahead and lose games they really should be winning but I really think we are the best team in the SA conference at the moment.

Bosch
Du Preez twins
van der Walt
Fassi
Mapimpi
Nkosi

These guys are really making a difference in each game and at full strength, I think we can beat any team on paper. However, paper is simpler than a strong mentality and this is where I feel we lack. You should see the Shark players on Instagram after a win! they go ape **** and do all kinds of parties only for them to come crashing down to earth the next week. I seriously think some players pitch up for training with hangovers.

I tend to agree with your assessment of Natal Sharks

Chiefs are decent team but not on the level of Crusaders Landers & Canes in NZ Conference

Game was there to be won for Sharks

Sharks fortunes depend ALOT on Bosch Guy is a major threat and matchwinner

However I still have the Jaguares as the best team in SA conference overall with Sharks close behind

Bulls are paper tigers Exposed badly when they play Int'l sides excluding crappy AUS teams

Another impediment to Sharks winning conference is that they can only win 9 games maximum

I can't see sharking winning ALL their remaining games including hosting Hurricanes and trips to CT and Buenos Aires

Sharks vs Jaguares could decide who wins the division & with that a chance to be #2 seed and host a semi final potentially

I allways have the feeling against NZ teams that they bend the rules a lot and refs are like super ok with that. Like they are slow to get out of the way in a ruck or that they use hands just for a sec to slow down an attacking team or that they put them selfs on the path of a player that charges a high a ball.

About the ref at the Landers-Jags match, by http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2019/05/12/super-rugby-highlights-highlanders-vs-jaguares/

Unfortunately a feature of the contest was a chorus of condemnation of the performance of referee Ben O'Keefe. Many say he was the 16th Highlanders player, and that because of his controversial decisions, notably at the scrum, the home side won the match. A frustrated Agustín Creevy was seen post match talking very unhappily with O'Keefe.

It is a poor image not only for the match or for Super Rugby, or for having a non-neutral official. Instead what matters most is that the match occurred just days after O'Keefe was named by World Rugby as one of the best 12 referees in the world. He will referee matches at RWC 2019.

I allways have the feeling against NZ teams that they bend the rules a lot and refs are like super ok with that. Like they are slow to get out of the way in a ruck or that they use hands just for a sec to slow down an attacking team or that they put them selfs on the path of a player that charges a high a ball.
its called gamesmanship. u gotta push the ref to see where his limits are.

http://www.espn.com.ar/video/clip?id=5611670

Above video is so embarrassing o_Oo_Oo_O

The whining of the Quesada and the Argentinian fans & media has been pathetic

Jaguares lost the game in last 5 mins of 1st half Slapping back the restart 30 yards is moronic &

a player being offside from a planned kick clown is dumb Those mistakes cost Jaguares 14 points

Only losers moan about Referees

Big picture Jaguares got a Losing BP from the best team they'll play on Tour IMO

Objective is to win 2 games on tour & then beat Sharks in BA that'll likely decide who wins the SA Conference

its called gamesmanship. u gotta push the ref to see where his limits are.

NZ sides I think are happy to concede penalties in their 22

Rather give up the 3 pts than a potential 5/7 points after a line break for example

As they're capable of scoring multiple tries in a short period of time

TBH Crusaders are in a league of their own amongst their NZ peers

Blues and Chiefs are decent but very flawed Too often rely on individual brilliance

Hurricanes are the ultimate flat track bullies

Feast on average sides but are over matched against very good sides

Their pack is soft as baby faeces except for A Savea & Fifita

The whining of Quesada and the Argentinian fans & media has been pathetic

Jaguares lost the game in last 5 mins of 1st half Slapping back the restart 30 yards is moronic &

a player being offside from a planned kick clown is dumb Those mistakes cost Jaguares 14 points

Big picture Jaguares got a Losing BP from the best team they'll play on Tour IMO

Objective is to win 2 games on tour & then beat Sharks in BA that'll likely decide who wins the SA Conference

Their pack is soft as baby faeces except for A Savea & Fifita
would love to put up a valid argument here, but unfortunately i agree.
canes have some individuals that are stepping up, the barretts and savea. but we arent finals material yet

would love to put up a valid argument here, but unfortunately i agree.
canes have some individuals that are stepping up, the barretts and savea. but we arent finals material yet

It's a sad reality

Jaguares on paper should mash these guys up front minus their props who are utter garbage

Play a tight game to deny Hurricanes the pill and kick for territory as we both know Canes will play from anywhere

Crusaders for sure and Highlanders are better teams overall than Hurricanes

Crusaders for sure and Highlanders are better teams overall than Hurricanes
dunno bout highlanders. i think theyre less ready for finals than canes are.
saders as always lead the way

dunno bout highlanders. i think theyre less ready for finals than canes are.
saders as always lead the way
i dont know if we're ever ready, we seem to play every week by ear

chiefs v sharks was an entertaining game. Chiefs well and truly deserved to win. the sharks handling errors let them down.

Chiefs have their issues but Brad Weber had a huge game. That guy deserves an AB recall. He may be the best 9 in NZ right now. His clearance was fast, he's such a good support play with speed to finish breaks. But what was mind blowing was his defense. The tackled he was putting on the big sharks ball runners defied belief. That was a sight to behold.

To be fair ive never been much of a Marty McKenzie fan but it has to be said he is earning his keep at this level. Tricky attacking game and his kicking around the field was very good. he did miss 2 shots at goal he simply should have got.

To be fair, the chiefs looked ok for a team missing their three biggest stars and most influential players. Without DMac, Retallick and Cane they are almost a B team but they are holding their own. Interesting to see they apparently have the best attacking in the comp but their defense is letting them down. line-out wasn't the best either but they dont seem to have any frontline locks right now.

The whining of Quesada and the Argentinian fans & media has been pathetic

this rises important questions!
1 do you speack spanish? 2 did you see matera´s Ad :) :) :) are the landers better than the canes ?? even dow the canes have 11 more points??
dont think was biased and the guys in the vid are analysing the plays but not taking it against the reff yes there is some whining but its more like "why did quesada get angry these are the controversial plays" in most of the cases the go "its a 50 50 situation" but theres evidence in the vid that the reff was harsher on the jags. doesent mean that the result would have changed anyway.
moaning about the reff its constant from almost evey team.

this rises important questions!
1 do you speack spanish? 2 did you see matera´s Ad :) :) :) are the landers better than the canes ?? even dow the canes have 11 more points??
dont think was biased and the guys in the vid are analysing the plays but not taking it against the reff yes there is some whining but its more like "why did quesada get angry these are the controversial plays" in most of the cases the go "its a 50 50 situation" but theres evidence in the vid that the reff was harsher on the jags. doesent mean that the result would have changed anyway.
moaning about the reff its constant from almost evey team.

Don't speak Spanish

I don;t understand your point about Matera......

My main point is you can find dozens of clips per game where players commit infringements worthy of penalties

Sealing off Off thee feet Not supporting their body weight Clear out from the side etc etc

NO ONE wants to see a game with 30 penalties

I don't look at league tables when comparing teams

Hurricanes rely on star players to beat teams namely A Savea Perenea Barrett Brothers & Laumape

IMO Highlanders are a better balanced team as they have a good scrum and line out

They've been LUCKY to beat Waratahs Sunwolves Blues to name a few games this year

Don't speak Spanish

I don;t understand your point about Matera......

My main point is you can find dozens of clips per game where players commit infringements worthy of penalties

Sealing off Off thee feet Not supporting their body weight Clear out from the side etc etc

NO ONE wants to see a game with 30 penalties

I don't look at league tables when comparing teams

Hurricanes rely on star players to beat teams namely A Savea Perenea Barrett Brothers & Laumape

IMO Highlanders are a better balanced team as they have a good scrum and line out

They've been LUCKY to beat Waratahs Sunwolves Blues to name a few games this year

thers this stupid ad by matera before the clip. guess it didnt show in nz.
about the penaltiens i kind of agree with you but if so, then it´s the reffs by choosing wich ones he decides to call, who finally desides a winner. at least in tightgames like this. therefore if you feel those desitions where always against your team`s chances, you moan.
hope youre right about canes if we get a win there we have a chance to claim the conference

Latest posts