• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

His LinkedIn post about leaving comes across super petty.
Honestly I'm quite glad he's gone considering the sounds coming out of the club.

Mercer to Montpellier confirmed, Jaco Coetzee replaces him at Bath
:(

Mercer to Montpellier confirmed, Jaco Coetzee replaces him at Bath
:(
Jaco Coetzee is an absolute gem. Just go through my post history over the last two years and see how everyone rates him. Probably one of the best loose forwards in South Africa. poor Stormers they thought if they lose Kolisi atleast they will have Coetzee who is arguably much better. Now they lose both.

Bath will have a great player now if they have good conditioning coaches helping players stay injury free. Very jealous with Bath i hoped we signed him.

Like LRZ, sheedy, Lloyd and Francais all have or will have to go eventually if they want to play for Wales, the rule is rediculous.
Rowlands too, remember he's commuting to Wasps but has to play in Wales :D:rolleyes:

Shows to me that it's working as intended and helps the Welsh regions get stronger.
Often weakens the players though. A lot of the players who've had to move back to Wales have had pretty serious drops in form when they get there. Alternatively, moves abroad have often reinvigorated some Welsh players; Biggar's looked a completely different player since his move to Northampton IMO.

Last edited:
Often weakens the players though.
Significantly,
Nick Tompkins went from one of the best centres in the Prem(/Europe) to pretty **** at Dragons,
Holmes' form has dropped off a cliff as well.

I can't think of any player that's moved to Wales and improved.

Forcing players to move to places they don't want to live and play for sides they don't want to play for isn't the way to get them playing their best.

Latest posts