• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England Squad

If you think about it there's no players from playoff teams in the squad, might be a chance to blood them against italy

Hill for Ludlow
Lawrence for Dingwall
Ludlam for Clement
Steward for Crossdale

Iskiewke must really regret going to saints.

EJ must rate Moon very highly to select him over Isiekwe. I quite like that Ribbans has gotten the nod though, I've always rated him. Disappointed by Ted Hill missing out though.

Can we assume that Marler's opted not to be selected?

There really isn't much to be learnt from this squad.

Edit: Forgot that Worcester still have a game to play. So Hill (and maybe Lawrence) probably will come in.

I quite like that Ribbans has gotten the nod though
Another guy named as soon as he becomes EQP despite not being anything special, though
Feels more like they're locking him in more than anything

Another guy named as soon as he becomes EQP despite not being anything special, though
Feels more like they're locking him in more than anything
Thought he'd been EQP for a while? I remember Haskell saying a couple of years ago that he was English qualified. Relatives or something...

Could well be wrong though.

Ah, maybe then - I can't see any mention of it online.
I don't think he's that good, though - presumably just filling a spot until the other 6 teams are available

Ah, maybe then - I can't see any mention of it online.
I don't think he's that good, though - presumably just filling a spot until the other 6 teams are available
Really? He's not Brodie Retallick but he's always looked impressive IMO. Very dynamic at the lineout and in open play. I'd argue he's the best ball carrier of the EQP locks too which is something we've missed a bit from the engine room in recent years.

Really? He's not Brodie Retallick but he's always looked impressive IMO. Very dynamic at the lineout and in open play. I'd argue he's the best ball carrier of the EQP locks too which is something we've missed a bit from the engine room in recent years.
Ah, we'll see then - i've not paid all that much attention to Saints this season.
He was shite vs us the other day, the only thing he did was poke Wiese in the eye
6 carries for 5 metres, 7 tackles

So no one from the top 5 teams.
Thats why the team seems so erm....lets say average.

Glad to see Dombrandt in there.
Guessing we have TCurry Underhill to come back and surely Jack Willis too, he'sprob the most deserving IMO.

Want to see JHill in there to he deserves a shot.

I do wonder what the final thing will look like though and what other curveballs EJ has in store

Ah, we'll see then - i've not paid all that much attention to Saints this season.
He was shite vs us the other day, the only thing he did was poke Wiese in the eye
6 carries for 5 metres, 7 tackles
Yeah not a great performance that. Maintain that he's usually a good player though.

I think EJ's realised with lock that he's always essentially going to be picking someone to start alongside Itoje. With Itoje being very dynamic but only 6'5 and ~115kg you need a real brute of a 5 to even the scales a bit. Explains why 6'7+, 123kg+ guys like Moon and Ribbans have gotten the nod over back-row-hybrid Isiekwe. Doesn't bode very well for 112kg Hill...

That said I'd rather see Isiekwe included as a back rower over the likes of Ludlow and Clement. Their inclusion really makes no sense with the other back row talent around.

Prem rugby site has him down for
19 m from 5 carries and 9 tackles 1 missed.

Not great still but the only saints player to make more tackles is Ludlam and he made the most meters in the saints pack.

Prem rugby site has him down for
19 m from 5 carries and 9 tackles 1 missed.

Not great still but the only saints player to make more tackles is Ludlam and he made the most meters in the saints pack.
1601894519878.png

I really wouldn't want to read anything I to that squad at all. It's missing everyone from the top 5 teams + Worcester

Latest posts