Charlie Ewels, Bath Rugby
Jonathan Joseph, Bath Rugby
Joe Marler, Harlequins
Will Stuart, Bath Rugby
Sam Underhill, Bath Rugby
Mako Vunipola, Saracens
Anthony Watson, Bath Rugby

*Uncapped

Jack Clement, Lewis Ludlow, Alex Moon, Jack Singleton, Nathan Earle, Piers Francis, George Furbank dropped from the training squad.

Obviously Hill, Curry and Dunn in for Clement, Ludlow and Singleton which makes sense and good to see Obano added. Harsh to drop Moon though especially with Kruis and Lawes missing it would make sense to try and bed a few 2nd rowers in.

Francis obviously drops out but fantastic to see Lawrence come in arguably the closest we have to Manu. Interesting to see De Glanville replace Furbank is that possibly looking at him at FB? Is Earle injured cause he drops out. Disappointing not to see Ben Spencer in there, really harsh on him.

I kinda hope that Jones is simply looking to get the 6N done and allow the likes of Youngs to get his 100th cap and then it will be changed again beyond that.

I kinda hope that Jones is simply looking to get the 6N done and allow the likes of Youngs to get his 100th cap and then it will be changed again beyond that.
That hope would have more kegs if Heinz weren't in there.
I think he's seen Spencer and Robson, and is just jumping straight last them to the next generation, and hoping to keep the old guard around for long enough for the likes of Maunder and Mitchell to come of age

That hope would have more kegs if Heinz weren't in there.
I think he's seen Spencer and Robson, and is just jumping straight last them to the next generation, and hoping to keep the old guard around for long enough for the likes of Maunder and Mitchell to come of age
I tend to agree very harsh on those two though never really given a chance and the old guard have hardly put in consistent performances to Justify constant selection.

Robson still make team for later in the tournament?

Really don't understand the Heinz selection!

Robson still make team for later in the tournament?

Really don't understand the Heinz selection!
No one understands the scrum half selection. Clearly Youngs is what EJ looks for in a 9, but why I have no idea. Slow, loose passing. Poor management of the forwards. Barely makes any real, penetrating runs. Kicking is probably the only aspect where he is semi decent.

It's crazy cause for the kind of game EJ wants Ben Spencer is like tailor made for it, with a quick/accurate pass and excellent kicking game
I really hope the great EJ trawls these forums and is like "strewth mate, I better follow what these guys say"

Genuinely it would be interesting to see how a TRF team would do internationally.

Latest posts