• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England Squad

So what do you think made Jones pick Earl over Simmonds? They're very similar.

I do find it funny looking at people's reaction to Eddie saying he will make this England team the greatest ever.
Especially from the other home nations fans/pundits.
Is he looking to stick around til 2023 then? Thought the plan was a two year handover process. (I'm probably very behind here)

I do find it funny looking at people's reaction to Eddie saying he will make this England team the greatest ever.
Especially from the other home nations fans/pundits.
What are people saying?

I see for the first game due to lack of prep time, its being suggested a back row of...

6 Lawes
7 Underhill
8 Curry

I see for the first game due to lack of prep time, its being suggested a back row of...

6 Lawes
7 Underhill
8 Curry

England the past few years have finally started picking a good, balanced back row. Now with the strange decision of not picking an actual 8 it's back to meme back row of all 2nd rows. While they are all good individual players that's not a great test back row.

**** me, if we actually play Lawes at 6 and Curry at 8 then we're officially in cuckoo land.

Yeah, how dare England aspire! :D
I'm still unaware of what the reaction has been... but I'd love to see the reaction from English fans if Wayne Pivac had said that about Wales :p.
**** me, if we actually play Lawes at 6 and Curry at 8 then we're officially in cuckoo land.
That backrow will help England be the greatest team ever :cool:.

I agree...i dont get it.

Surely better to go:

6 Curry
7 Underhill
8 One of Earl / Ludlum / Hill (if he can play 8)

England, finally find a proper out and out test level 7....................... proceed to pick him at 8 - Just Eddie Jones things.

To be fair, it is as out there as Scotland's 6 year goal of winning the 2019 world cup that they set and which was widely ridiculed. I don't care personally, say what you want to motivate yourself but any moonshot goal openly stated like that is going to get a predominantly bad reaction from outside camp.

#MakeEnglandRFUGreatAgain

#MERGA
upload_2020-1-21_11-45-20.jpeg

I haven't seen the comment, or the reaction.
Did he say "greatest team ever" - which is... erm... optimistic / hyperbole; or "greatest England team ever" - which is perfectly possible, and arguably already the case

Last edited:
To be fair, it is as out there as Scotland's 6 year goal of winning the 2019 world cup that they set and which was widely ridiculed. I don't care personally, say what you want to motivate yourself but any moonshot goal openly stated like that is going to get a predominantly bad reaction from outside camp.
Is it a moonshot goal? Scotland were absolutely nowhere in 2013 which is why it was ridiculed.

England just made a World Cup final and will likely have most the same squad of players for the next 4 years. Having a goal of bein the best team in that period and being one of the greatest ever seams like a reasonable goal even if they do fall short of it. Aiming for anything less would likely not be enough of a stretch. Even winning just the goal of win the next world cup seams a little weak which essential boils down to win one extra game in 4 years time. Surely teams should be stretching beyond what could be considered a basic step up?

Latest posts