• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Super Rugby] Round 7 (13-15 March)

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Most sports in Aussie have either been cancelled (F1) or played behind closed doors (AFL, cricket)

rugbeian_usa

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Glasgow

Most sports in Aussie have either been cancelled (F1) or played behind closed doors (AFL, cricket)

These sure are crazy times were living in. :eek:

unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

If Super rugby gets called off, then the Sharks needs to beat the Stormers today. If it gets called of we finish the tournament in first place and then can be considered forever champions.

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

If Super rugby gets called off, then the Sharks needs to beat the Stormers today. If it gets called of we finish the tournament in first place and then can be considered forever champions.
Nah, last try wins. So it will be either the Jaguares or highlanders.

John van eeden

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

So tackle in the air from kick off no chance of catching the ball the player is injured yet only yellow .. BS that was a red card for the stormers

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

CASI

I've been saying this for 3 years (since i watched him on the junior springboks): I want bosch on my team, every single game. He misses a tackle every now and then (nothing too serious, like Ogara) and he cant charge like pollard, but his decision making is impeccable, and he is a jack of all trades. He can do anything reasonably well and most things exceptionally well.

unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

I think the Sharks just won the 2020 Super rugby title. If it gets called of we are first but if they don't award a title to anyone than we can feel hard done by because they ending the season that we are showing some promise. So it's a catch 22 really

mdaclarke

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Wales

I've been saying this for 3 years (since i watched him on the junior springboks): I want bosch on my team, every single game. He misses a tackle every now and then (nothing too serious, like Ogara) and he cant charge like pollard, but his decision making is impeccable, and he is a jack of all trades. He can do anything reasonably well and most things exceptionally well.

Trouble is he is not as good as Pollard. Maybe in the 23 but Pollard must start at 10

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Landers jags called off...worst case for the landers as they still won’t get home before the deadline but didn’t get to play

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

CASI

Trouble is he is not as good as Pollard. Maybe in the 23 but Pollard must start at 10
I'm a huge Pollard Fan, so I'd use him as 15. I think Pollard's potential charge brings so much headroom to 12 and 13 that not using him is just silly. By charge i mean when he goes straight at the oponents FH. He puts so much pressure on 7, 10 and 12 (7 and 12 have to be alert in case 10 misses the tackle) that i understand why he needs to be there. I cannot comprehend Jantijes being picked ahead of Bosch tho. Or maybe i can but i staunchly disagree.

I'm gonna go on a limb here, but he (Bosch) has not much to envy from say, McKenzie. He is phenomenal as FB.
Problem is, as far as i understand, you cannot play FB for the springboks with Bosch's height and build.

Woldog

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Australia

Club or Nation

Reds

The Bulls wingers were the showboating kings for the first 17 minutes of the game. After that Sevens convert got smashed by Lukhan Solokai-loto and Alex Mafi he seemed to go back into his shell and made no meaningful contribution for the rest of the game.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.