• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2021 British & Irish Lions Squad

I see the Lions are doing some high-altitude preparation. Wonder if modern science can completely prepare them for the Highveld. Maybe more so than the Springboks even.

Look, regardless of who's league is better and which clubs are better than whoever we can all agree England finished 5th in the 6N and are therefore a bit ****.

2017 if you want to find a team who went 8 years without a European qf before their appearance. I don't see why anyone would expect Quins to be respected outside the prem right now to be honest, just like Benetton on the pro14.

True I mean Harlequins aren't even respected in their own league bunch of clowns…

No Tips in the squad. Come on Japan

snip
I know there are reasons but has there ever been zero English player not in a starting Lions 15? Including tour warm up matches and mid-week ones?

That's a mobile pack that will compete well on the floor and get around the park, it suggests playing with width, yet the backs don't. I'm guessing the back row will be stationed out wide on the flanks and that the centres plus VdM will be used as the heavy carries to get over the gain line in the middle of the pitch.

I know there are reasons but has there ever been zero English player not in a starting Lions 15? Including tour warm up matches and mid-week ones?
I don't know is the short, honest answer. Probably not is my guess but maybe.

Inthink there definitely would've been had it not been for the fact a lot have only just joined up.

You have to remember that England only picks players that have come through the English system ........ except for the times that they don't but that's different. :p
To be fair Tulangi is English in my eyes he has lived there since a teenager.

Latest posts