unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

I see the Lions are doing some high-altitude preparation. Wonder if modern science can completely prepare them for the Highveld. Maybe more so than the Springboks even.

Die Lekker Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Leinster

Ah so like every pro 14 final beforehand
2017 if you want to find a team who went 8 years without a European qf before their appearance. I don't see why anyone would expect Quins to be respected outside the prem right now to be honest, just like Benetton on the pro14.

Welsh Exile

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Look, regardless of who’s league is better and which clubs are better than whoever we can all agree England finished 5th in the 6N and are therefore a bit ****.

Akker Van Der Tigs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Leicester

2017 if you want to find a team who went 8 years without a European qf before their appearance. I don't see why anyone would expect Quins to be respected outside the prem right now to be honest, just like Benetton on the pro14.

True I mean Harlequins aren’t even respected in their own league bunch of clowns…

Ragey Erasmus

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

1624349143956.png

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

No Tips in the squad. Come on Japan

snip
I know there are reasons but has there ever been zero English player not in a starting Lions 15? Including tour warm up matches and mid-week ones?

MikeTheNative

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Wales

That's a mobile pack that will compete well on the floor and get around the park, it suggests playing with width, yet the backs don't. I'm guessing the back row will be stationed out wide on the flanks and that the centres plus VdM will be used as the heavy carries to get over the gain line in the middle of the pitch.

Welsh Exile

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
I know there are reasons but has there ever been zero English player not in a starting Lions 15? Including tour warm up matches and mid-week ones?
I don’t know is the short, honest answer. Probably not is my guess but maybe.

Inthink there definitely would’ve been had it not been for the fact a lot have only just joined up.

MikeTheNative

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Wales

You have to remember that England only picks players that have come through the English system ........ except for the times that they don't but that's different. :p
To be fair Tulangi is English in my eyes he has lived there since a teenager.