• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British & Irish Lions vs Emirates Lions

Farrell was out of his depth today. Just can't take a quick flat pass and slows things down. He'll offer nothing from the bench in the tests too other than goal kicking.

Adams, Harris & Watson were the top three performers today IMO. Hill wasn't horrendous surprisingly.

How close were the SA Lions to full-strength? And given they appear to be currently the worst of the SA franchises, how much really can we make from this match?

How close were the SA Lions to full-strength? And given they appear to be currently the worst of the SA franchises, how much really can we make from this match?
That was pretty much the lions side they only have 1 player at the springboks. Outside centre. They are by far the worst SA club currently.

Decent start for the B&I Lions with Watson deservedly MoTM. Adams and Harris impressed too. Lawes had one of his better games and Daly fitted in nicely.

Sinkler and Farrell pretty poor. Mako looked worn out before he started. Russell had some nice touches, but I don't see him ahead of Biggar.

How many times must the Sarries players perform not just average but **** poor before they burn through their "credit" in the bank?

Decent start for the B&I Lions with Watson deservedly MoTM. Adams and Harris impressed too. Lawes had one of his better games and Daly fitted in nicely.

Sinkler and Farrell pretty poor. Mako looked worn out before he started. Russell had some nice touches, but I don't see him ahead of Biggar.
You know you're not allowed to say Russell played any good time rugby here, don't you?

How many times must the Sarries players perform not just average but **** poor before they burn through their "credit" in the bank?
Not sure credit in the bank has much to do with this they were selected for this tour and Gats is willing to give them the opportunity to find form and get up to speed, he's giving them that, if he wasn't bringing them with such a limited squad would be pretty silly.

Not sure credit in the bank has much to do with this they were selected for this tour and Gats is willing to give them the opportunity to find form and get up to speed, he's giving them that, if he wasn't bringing them with such a limited squad would be pretty silly.
Isn't that what credit in the bank is, though?
Being picked on previous performances (with the hope they'll get back to that/find form)

I know Mako's never exactly looked like an athlete but today he just looked embarassing. I know that Marler would have likely declined the call but the fact that he wasn't asked over Mako is really disheartening.

Isn't that what credit in the bank is, though?
Being picked on previous performances (with the hope they'll get back to that/find form)
Aye getting picked to tour is100% down to credit in the bank my point was simply that if u made the decision to take players clearly out of form on the tour it would be silly not to give them an opportunity to play their way into form especially in these games, I'm not debating if they should have gone or not, simply the fact they were picked with such a limited squad size makes it inevitable and if u never had any intention of letting them play there clearly would be no point taking them from the start.

What I find ridiculous is it clearly didn't work for England and EJ, so why does Gatland think he can make a difference?

Latest posts