• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs France (13/03/21)

TBF you've not posted a single positive thing about England in this entire thread. Maybe you should move to France if you're that despondent.
Hey, not just this thread....

I'll take the win, we found a way and credit where it's due. But we could so easily have been one from four and I'm yet to be convinced we've fundamentally turned a corner as a team. The individual talent has never been in question. Let's see what Ire brings.

I think we definitely miss the physicality of Lawes and Underhill. Launch is a loss too.

Great game, two good sides. France looked tired second half. I believe all they are missing from being a great side is a dominant tight head and more mobile fletcher in the back row

That said, I'm at a loss on Du Ponts try, he knocked it forward, caught it before the try line and then dabbed it down. Back in my day that would of been dissalowed as a knock on. I understand it wouldn't of been a KO if he had caught it behind the try line. However he was still a metre of two away

It's amazing how many of my Welsh mates think that today's result increases Wales' chance of the grand slam. The Welsh education system leaves a lot to be desired. If anything, I'd say France will now be fired up to get back to winning ways!
It amazes me how stupid you sound even in the orchid of idiots who agree with you and that ain't a great following. You sound like a donkey with no dick . No offense meant though.

It's amazing how many of my Welsh mates think that today's result increases Wales' chance of the grand slam. The Welsh education system leaves a lot to be desired. If anything, I'd say France will now be fired up to get back to winn

Great game, two good sides. France looked tired second half. I believe all they are missing from being a great side is a dominant tight head and more mobile fletcher in the back row

That said, I'm at a loss on Du Ponts try, he knocked it forward, caught it before the try line and then dabbed it down. Back in my day that would of been dissalowed as a knock on. I understand it wouldn't of been a KO if he had caught it behind the try line. However he was still a metre of two away
The way the law is worded it is a try. However, I do agree it is an dubious area. However, any change would require a lot more interpretation and lead to more arguments. For example it's not a knock on of they immediately regather. How immediate is immediate? Not a knock on if it doesn't go x distance away from player. How far is that realistically? Out of all the laws in the game, I don't honestly think it is that big an issue.

The way the law is worded it is a try. However, I do agree it is an dubious area. However, any change would require a lot more interpretation and lead to more arguments. For example it's not a knock on of they immediately regather. How immediate is immediate? Not a knock on if it doesn't go x distance away from player. How far is that realistically? Out of all the laws in the game, I don't honestly think it is that big an issue.
Yup as we went over past week has to touch the floor or another player. He can regather any point he likes. It's a fair try and quite simple to adjudicate 99% of the time.

As I said best I've seen England play for a long time. They did have a few run of the green decisions bit can't deny they deserve the win here . France were very good and England defence held up to Dupont and co and Slade stood out for me as did curry very good from England tonight.

For me he knocked it forward with one hand and then caught it two meters on. Having watched it again, a case could be made it was intentional as I don't believe he was trying to catch it one handed, but to tap it backwards. I give you the exact wording, within the law is very grey.
Given how things are it was definitely worth a TMO look. As was Frances second for a forward pass. Although it would of been travesty if that was disallowed, just for the beauty of it

It's amazing how many of my Welsh mates think that today's result increases Wales' chance of the grand slam. The Welsh education system leaves a lot to be desired. If anything, I'd say France will now be fired up to get back to winning ways!
So are you seriously suggesting that they weren't fired up for todays match when they were also in the running for the GS ?.. Of course it increases Wales chance of a Grand Slam as Wales are now in the driving seat.

For me he knocked it forward with one hand and then caught it two meters on. Having watched it again, a case could be made it was intentional as I don't believe he was trying to catch it one handed, but to tap it backwards. I give you the exact wording, within the law is very grey.
Given how things are it was definitely worth a TMO look. As was Frances second for a forward pass. Although it would of been travesty if that was disallowed, just for the beauty of it
It's really not, as noted above it has to touch the ground or another player. Christ for the second week in a row can people please go read what a knock on is.

Adam Beard will be back next week. We'll put 40 points on them I reckon. We don't do losing Grand Slam games.
1615665868935.gif

It's really not, as noted above it has to touch the ground or another player. Christ for the second week in a row can people please go read what a knock on is.
Here is the saliant point in law
"It is not an intentional knock-on if, in the act of trying to catch the ball, the player knocks on provided that there was a reasonable expectation that the player could gain possession"
As dupont is 5 ft 8, and ball bounced up about 7-8 foot and he went of it one handed off balence, I'd suggest it was far from a certainly he could gain reasonable possesion

Here is the saliant point in law
"It is not an intentional knock-on if, in the act of trying to catch the ball, the player knocks on provided that there was a reasonable expectation that the player could gain possession"
As dupont is 5 ft 8, and ball bounced up about 7-8 foot and he went of it one handed off balence, I'd suggest it was far from a certainly he could gain reasonable possesion
It doesn't matter, it's not a knock on so can't be an intentional knock on.

So are you seriously suggesting that they weren't fired up for todays match when they were also in the running for the GS ?.. Of course it increases Wales chance of a Grand Slam as Wales are now in the driving seat.
How would Wales not be in the driving seat if France had won? To get the grand slam, Wales have to beat France next week. That became a fact once Wales had beat Italy and nothing has changed.

And for some like the umpteenth time is the last two weeks.

Knock-on: When a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it.

It's an 'and' statement so must occur and if it's not a knock on it can't be intentional.

How would Wales not be in the driving seat if France had won? To get the grand slam, Wales have to beat France next week. That became a fact once Wales had beat Italy and nothing has changed.
Ummmm I think that the majority of people are well aware of what it takes to win a Grand Slam.. But to suggest that France will be up to it next week after todays loss is just wishful thinking on your part. Todays loss could just as easily play havoc with their mindset

Ummmm I think that the majority of people are well aware of what it takes to win a Grand Slam.. But to suggest that France will be up to it next week after todays loss is just wishful thinking on your part. Todays loss could just as easily play havoc with their mindset
You're missing my point. Maybe I just have thick Welsh mates (I live in Bridgend so that's feasible) but they keep posting "thanks England, the slam is ours" on social media. My point is that the slam was there for Wales regardless of the England France game's outcome. All that's changed is that France can't get the GS.

Latest posts