• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs France (13/03/21)

Oh I hope there's a surprise now. Just so I can you see smile (through the form of text)
Oh they'll be a surpsied EJ usually has one it's just he'll play a 2nd row at center or some other such nonsense.

The only waffle shop in Gloucester closed down - it's why so many Gloucester players play in Rome now
Why all these guys go to Rome just for a few industry processed, micro wave reheated waffles is beyond me, why don't they go to Belgium for a taste of the real thing?

Why all these guys go to Rome just for a few industry processed, micro wave reheated waffles is beyond me, why don't they go to Belgium for a taste of the real thing?
Maybe they were looking for the mysterious blue waffle?

Maybe they were looking for the mysterious blue waffle?
1615377976886.jpeg

Not actually that mysterious... I don't know what you mean!

What is this thread?.......
Anyway of all the French players I'm actually most scared of Dulin. He's a decent fullback but an exceptional one when it comes to kicking. Can't wait for Daly to have to handle the bombs he sends his way

Did anyone read Sir Clive Woodward's selection in the Mail for the game on Saturday?

If you want a snigger, have a read down this list. Controversial to say the least.
Oh, and apart from injuries, he wants them to play the full 80 mins without using the bench for knackered/ poor performing players.
Has he lost the plot?

15 Max Malins
14 Anthony Watson
13 Piers O'Connor
12 Henry Slade
11 Paolo Odogwu
10 Marcus Smith (VC)
9 Harry Randall
1 Ellis Genge
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Kyle Sinkler
4 Maro Itoje (C)
5 Alex Dombrandt
6 Sam Underhill
7 Tom Curry
8 Sam Simmonds.

Whatever side France put out, I fear they are too good for England. Ntamack, Dupont, Dulin, Vakatawa and Penaud are are all better than their English opposites IMO. Maybe not Penaud? And that's just the backs.
I hate being pessimistic about England's chances, but Eddies selections are both puzzling and frustrating. It's almost like he wants us to lose.

15 Max Malins
14 Anthony Watson
13 Piers O'Connor
12 Henry Slade
11 Paolo Odogwu
10 Marcus Smith (VC)
9 Harry Randall
1 Ellis Genge
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Kyle Sinkler
4 Maro Itoje (C)
5 Alex Dombrandt
6 Sam Underhill
7 Tom Curry
8 Sam Simmonds.
**** it, why not?
With the exception of Dombrandt in the donkey row and Slade as a 12 that side is far more in form than the current England one

I'll let all you Englanders get your whinging about the ref in early.

Andrew Brace who reffed the Scotland win is you referee for saturday

Last edited:
I'll let all you Englanders get your whinging about the ref in early.

Andrew Brace who reffed the Scotland win is you referee for saturday
Yay! Tbh I don't think he's biased at all, he's just a bang average ref who often makes some poor decisions.

**** it, why not?
With the exception of Dombrandt in the donkey row and Slade as a 12 that side is far more in form than the current England one
Odogwu was in form. Ridiculously he hasn't had any game time in 2 months.

Woodward's bonkers as we all know but the article's mainly railing at premeditated subs. And there he has a point.

Woodward's bonkers as we all know but the article's mainly railing at premeditated subs. And there he has a point.

Yeah who would play players that haven't played for two months, stupid idea they'd have terrible form...

(Mako, Itoje, Billy, Farrell & Daly) slowly hide behind the sofa.

He's been right about a few things lately. He just likes to sit from the sidelines and react like everyone else. It's basically a tv version of an armchair pundit on TV and the man's very very unabashedly proudly english.

Why there are premeditated subs, why we have favourites, why we stick solely to data rather than feel which in turn influences sticks... I've no idea. Data efficiency rather than on field efficiency.

Did anyone read Sir Clive Woodward's selection in the Mail for the game on Saturday?

If you want a snigger, have a read down this list. Controversial to say the least.
Oh, and apart from injuries, he wants them to play the full 80 mins without using the bench for knackered/ poor performing players.
Has he lost the plot?

15 Max Malins
14 Anthony Watson
13 Piers O'Connor
12 Henry Slade
11 Paolo Odogwu
10 Marcus Smith (VC)
9 Harry Randall
1 Ellis Genge
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Kyle Sinkler
4 Maro Itoje (C)
5 Alex Dombrandt
6 Sam Underhill
7 Tom Curry
8 Sam Simmonds.

Whatever side France put out, I fear they are too good for England. Ntamack, Dupont, Dulin, Vakatawa and Penaud are are all better than their English opposites IMO. Maybe not Penaud? And that's just the backs.
I hate being pessimistic about England's chances, but Eddies selections are both puzzling and frustrating. It's almost like he wants us to lose.

I though Randall was crocked?

I though Randall was crocked?

Saving himself for the Wales cap in the summer..... :p

Funny seeing Woodward call out to many subs when Jones left two on the bench in the Wales game and 3 out of those 6 had 10 minutes or less on the pitch, (Malins had 5!)
I would say that it seems Jones doesn't trust half the squad he has even picked! Which does make sense considering his comments the other day

Latest posts