• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

just need Aaron Wainwright, he looks in disguise normally.

3t7aymyq1ot31.png

At least this c*** won't be playing, as expected.

"The disciplinary committee first decided that there was insufficient evidence that Willemse had made contact with the eye. As for the (admitted) contact with the eye area, the disciplinary committee determined that Willemse had acted recklessly and not intentionally and that there was no evidence of injury having been caused. It found the offence to warrant a low-end entry point (four weeks).
"The disciplinary committee identified no aggravating features. In terms of mitigation, the disciplinary committee gave credit for Willemse's prompt acceptance that his actions had constituted foul play and been worthy of a red card, his attitude to the disciplinary process before and during the hearing and his clear remorse. They reduced the suspension by two weeks so that the final period of suspension is two weeks."
At the same time, Genge is still on the run, admittedly at his usual moderate pace.

Last edited:
"The disciplinary committee first decided that there was insufficient evidence that Willemse had made contact with the eye. As for the (admitted) contact with the eye area, the disciplinary committee determined that Willemse had acted recklessly and not intentionally and that there was no evidence of injury having been caused. It found the offence to warrant a low-end entry point (four weeks).
"The disciplinary committee identified no aggravating features. In terms of mitigation, the disciplinary committee gave credit for Willemse's prompt acceptance that his actions had constituted foul play and been worthy of a red card, his attitude to the disciplinary process before and during the hearing and his clear remorse. They reduced the suspension by two weeks so that the final period of suspension is two weeks."
In the meantime, Genge is still on the run, addmitedly at his usual moderate pace.
I absolutely hate gouging - but that all seems fair - by the time he knew where his hand was, it was too late.
Accidental cotact with the eye area rather than the eye itself - that's as low-end etry point as you can realistically get for this.

Last edited:
I personally think he knew what he was doing. I mean, how many times do you see someone clear out like that? I can't recall a single incident like that but it's not conclusive so happy for him to be given benefit of the doubt. Obviously a stonewall card and ban, though.

I absolutely hate gouging - but that all seems fair - by the time he knew where his hand was, it was too late.
Accidental cotact with the eye area rather than the eye itself - that's as low-end etry point as you can realistically get for this.

He knew exactly where his hand was. But only he will know what was going on in his head so no point discussing it really.

I think the Scots will give it their all, I don't believe they will hold back, come 60 min will be a show of character , But I hope posters don't confuse tired bodies for a mediocre last 20

I'm pretty relaxed about it. Pretty confident France won't get the required points margin they need. I know I've jinxed it now but none of the evidence this year suggests France are going to put 21 points on Scotland.

This is going to get me in trouble, but Russell could be the weak link If I was playing i'd run down his channel all day.

Scotland team to play France:

15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs) 84 caps – captain
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) – 18 caps
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester) – 27 caps
12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh) – 9 caps
10. Finn Russell (Racing 92) – 54 caps
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 41 caps

1 Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) – 16 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 37 caps
4. Sam Skinner (Exeter Chiefs) – 11 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 44 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 26 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 40 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 13 caps

Substitutes

16. David Cherry (Edinburgh) – 4 caps
17. Oli Kebble (Glasgow Warriors) – 7 caps
18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 30 caps
19. Alex Craig (Gloucester) – 1 cap
20. Nick Haining (Edinburgh) – 7 caps
21. Scott Steele (Harlequins) – 4 caps
22. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps
23. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 30 caps

France team to face Scotland in the final game of the 2021 Guinness Six Nations:

15. Brice Dulin (Stade Rochelais)
14. Damian Penaud (ASM Clermont)
13. Virimi Vakatawa (Racing 92)
12. Arthur Vincent (Montpellier)
11. Gaël Fickou (Stade Français)
10. Romain Ntamack (Stade Toulousain)
9. Antoine Dupont (Stade Toulousain)

1. Cyril Baille (Stade Toulousain)
2. Julien Marchand (Stade Toulousain)
3. Mohamed Haouas (Montpellier)
4. Bernard Le Roux (Racing 92)
5. Swan Rebbadj (RC Toulon)
6. Anthony Jelonch (Castres Olympique)
7. Charles Ollivon (RC Toulon) – captain
8. Grégory Alldritt (Stade Rochelais)

Replacements
16. Camille Chat (Racing 92)
17. Jean-Baptiste Gros (RC Toulon)
18. Uini Atonio (Stade Rochelais)
19. Romain Taofifenua (RC Toulon)
20. Dylan Cretin (Lyon OU)
21. Baptiste Serin (RC Toulon)
22. Anthony Bouthier (Montpellier)
23. Teddy Thomas (Racing 92)

His tackling is fine, to be fair he doesn't have too many off days anymore but his off days can be pretty off.

He knew exactly where his hand was. But only he will know what was going on in his head so no point discussing it really.
I think he was actually going for a neck roll, which is also illegal, hence the twist. And hes missed. Thatd be my assumption of whats gone on

Having watched France closely over the 6 nations. I think there are two areas the Scots can target and get joy. The scrum and breakdown. The weakest parts of the French game for me is the lack of a proper 7. Speed at defensive rucks , stopping pick and go's etc. I also think that the two Scots props are better scrummagers than their French counterparts. For me if the Scots make it a tight , turgid affair they have a decent chance. If they try and fling it around the French will win at a canter

Latest posts