• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

Apologies in advance to the Welsh fans who are going to have to endure supporting Scotland. My money's on Finn becoming a hate figure after he gifts France a 20+ lead attempting a triple miss pass in the 79th minute.
Ahh shucks... if it ain't a slam it ain't **** anyway!

Squad updated

Forwards: Simon Berghan, David Cherry, Alex Craig, Matt Fagerson, Zander Fagerson, Grant Gilchrist, Nick Haining, Rob Harley, Oli Kebble, WP Nel, Jamie Ritchie, Sam Skinner, Grant Stewart, Rory Sutherland, George Turner, Hamish Watson.

Backs: Jamie Dobie, Darcy Graham, Chris Harris, Adam Hastings, Stuart Hogg (captain), Sam Johnson, Huw Jones, Rufus McLean, Duhan van der Merwe, Ali Price, Finn Russell, Scott Steele, Jaco van der Walt.

Looks like we may field a 10! Maitland gone, possibly as Saracens don't come under the PRL agreement?

I always want the home nations to do well, practically in a Lions year. Scotland do play some nice rugby so it's easy to want them to do well regardless of what is riding on the result.

I'd like to see France pull it off, mostly just to shake things up a bit after a decade of Ireland, Wales and England sharing the cup. It also would be a wldliy entertaining game because there's no hope they can make it look routine.
nah we are ok. Wales can win this year and France can pip it when Ireland are close to the ***le next time.

In all honesty, I'm actually a believer now (never used to be) they're a very good side now.
I said before the 6 nations I would back them in a single game against anyone, just can't see them winning the tournament. They are good enough so it must be mental.

I said before the 6 nations I would back them in a single game against anyone, just can't see them winning the tournament. They are good enough so it must be mental.
Yeah, it must be tough for the players, coaches and fans to get their heads around it. Solid from 1 to 23 and some genuine class in the XV.

Saying stuff like that is exactly what precedes a humiliating thumping! The real warning sign is when Telfer pipes up...
Well, it'll be interesting to watch Scotland as a Scottish fan rather than purely as a Welshman for once... who am I kidding I did exactly that about 8 weeks ago... twas epic :cool:

I think solid is about right - no dramatic positions of weakness, and we even have some depth now, but a good chunk of the team wouldn't get near the starting XVs for the other teams. A little bit underpowered up front, which is arguably also true of Wales, but we also lack power in the backs, so if an opposing pack gets on top of us we can be ground down. Sometimes we get past that with neat moves, but that's pretty high risk, even if it is our best option.

I think solid is about right - no dramatic positions of weakness, and we even have some depth now, but a good chunk of the team wouldn't get near the starting XVs for the other teams. A little bit underpowered up front, which is arguably also true of Wales, but we also lack power in the backs, so if an opposing pack gets on top of us we can be ground down. Sometimes we get past that with neat moves, but that's pretty high risk, even if it is our best option.
Maybe, I think you may be thinking that off of the back of the defeat to the Irish but as we saw on Saturday... that's a good irish pack!

Latest posts