• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

I still can't see France doing it. I'm properly jinxing it now. I'd say there's more chance of Scotland winning the match than there is France beating Scotland by 21 points.
I could certainly see them getting it done... I mean I like to think that this current Scotland team has far too much steel than for someone other than the Saffas or the All Blacks to beat the, by 21.

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if France managed to pull it off though. There's better odds on France beating Scotland be 21 than they would have had at 60 minutes against us... coming back to get 4 try's and the W.

So who are Scotland actually missing due to only 5 being released from the PRL? Don't include injuries.

That's what England thought in 2019
The weak link that day was our mental strength. The game was won, in their minds. It's happened in sport since time began when teams think they've got the game won, start to cruise, a couple of things go against them, panic and implosion.

Isn't the first time, won't be the last.

I think we need a reality check here, France are becoming a good side but they aren't there quite yet, they were beaten by England, Should have been beaten by Wales and come very close with Ireland, Yet some people are writing the scots off, I've already ordered my 2021 Wales 6 nations champions :D ;) T shirt

I think we need a reality check here, France are becoming a good side but they aren't there quite yet, they were beaten by England, Should have been beaten by Wales and come very close with Ireland, Yet some people are writing the scots off, I've already ordered my 2021 Wales 6 nations champions :D ;) T shirt
Better keep your order whatever happens, it might become a collector 's item around 23:00 tonight
Did you keep the 2021 Grand slam one ? ;)

Last edited:
So it's not just about Thomas' defence..
Seems like the french staff really want to push this Vincent-Vakatawa pairing towards 2023.
Interesting, i really rate Vincent but Fickou is only 26 and Mr. Reliable

They have enough spark in the back line anyway they don't really need Thomas you can be a bit of a loose cannon at times, yeah he will beat 3 defenders one play but the next give a stupid offload that was never on and cough up the ball. Their big plus though is I think Ntamack is just the more complete player than Jailbert and a step up.

They have enough spark in the back line anyway they don't really need Thomas you can be a bit of a loose cannon at times, yeah he will beat 3 defenders one play but the next give a stupid offload that was never on and cough up the ball. Their big plus though is I think Ntamack is just the more complete player than Jailbert and a step up.
Vincent is here to ease Ntamack's defensive workload and help him focus on organising the game.
And Fickou is here a) to defend against Van der Merwe, something Thomas might not be able to, and b) give him some unusual trouble in defense as Fickou is very versatile attacking force and will have more tricks up his sleeve to unsettle him. If it is not the case, it is going to Penaud against Van der Merwe and Fickou against Darcy, but we'll have to see.

Last edited:
I could certainly see them getting it done... I mean I like to think that this current Scotland team has far too much steel than for someone other than the Saffas or the All Blacks to beat the, by 21.

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if France managed to pull it off though. There's better odds on France beating Scotland be 21 than they would have had at 60 minutes against us... coming back to get 4 try's and the W.

I won't be shocked as such but would definitely be surprised. I guess my faith has wavered a bit with the news Fagerson is out but better him than Watson or Ritchie but a big loss as he's been good.

I like the angry comments coming out of the Scottish camp from Hogg and Townsend. Sounds like they're up for it. We'll see tonight.

I like the angry comments coming out of the Scottish camp from Hogg and Townsend. Sounds like they're up for it. We'll see tonight.
I wouldn't get too much hyped up for that Hogg has plenty of previous for mouthing off in the press then Scotland not turning up.

I wouldn't get too much hyped up for that Hogg has plenty of previous for mouthing off in the press then Scotland not turning up.

This is true.

Townsend seemed more measured but both mentioned the fact if they win by 8 they go 2nd which I think is the only way they should be approaching this game.

Should be a really good game.

This is true.

Townsend seemed more measured but both mentioned the fact if they win by 8 they go 2nd which I think is the only way they should be approaching this game.

Should be a really good game.
Hopefully so, typical situation where if the French are 12+ points ahead at half time with the bonus point in sight, the Scots might just let go in the second half, whereas if it is close or if they have the lead, it is obviously game on.

Yeah I'd agree here.

Theres an air of Wales v England 2013 about tonight. I don't like it haha.

Yeah, those comments have me fearing an implosion. Our recent losing margins in Paris haven't been too bad, but important to factor in that they were a joke prior to 2019, and in several of the games France blew a lot of chances.

Yeah, those comments have me fearing an implosion. Our recent losing margins in Paris haven't been too bad, but important to factor in that they were a joke prior to 2019, and in several of the games France blew a lot of chances.
Don't worry, an Aberdeen like weather is expected tonight in Paris : rain and 50 to 60 mph gusts...
puddles raining GIF

Some guys have all the luck!

1616774294149.png

Last edited:
Don't worry, an Aberdeen like weather is expected tonight in Paris : rain and 50 to 60 mph gusts...
puddles raining GIF

Some guys have all the luck!

View attachment 10251
If only it was raining in Rome a few weeks back, half your team wouldn't have gone out for Covid waffles and this game would already be in the bag.

Latest posts