• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Ireland v England (20/03/2021)

I agree, I think he did make mistakes, with both tactics and selection (Burgess.....) but he wasn't helped with the most talented of teams at the times, especially compared with the team currently. I thought the plan with Jones was for him to slowly handover to an English coach but with a panic stations dismissal I suppose they will have to take the best available
I mean he's been there 6 years....a slow handover would mean his successor should be ready and waiting.

Either way it's moot a handover only works if you have a successful side and are looking for evolution as opposed to revolution. This side needs a shake up and a hand picked EJ successor wouldn't be the way to go anyway.

I mean he's been there 6 years....a slow handover would mean his successor should be ready and waiting.

Either way it's moot a handover only works if you have a successful side and are looking for evolution as opposed to revolution. This side needs a shake up and a hand picked EJ successor wouldn't be the way to go anyway.

yeah, I meant that was the original for after the world cup wasn't it? As you said it's too late now, with the lions tour this year either he goes now or stays till the WC.

I've always thought Eddie Jones and English rugby are a perfect marriage. Made for each other. I say give him another contract and see how it goes.

To be fair, he is a top coach but it just isn't working for whatever reason.

yeah, I meant that was the original for after the world cup wasn't it?
RWC 2015,
The whole point of bringing in a foreign coach was to have him as a transition while we get British coaches trained up - didn't happen though

To be fair, he is a top coach but it just isn't working for whatever reason.
He's a great coach but everyone who's every worked with him/played under him has said that he starts well and shakes things up but isn't a long term guy

RWC 2015,
The whole point of bringing in a foreign coach was to have him as a transition while we get British coaches trained up - didn't happen though

He's a great coach but everyone who's every worked with him/played under him has said that he starts well and shakes things up but isn't a long term guy

Yeah, I won't lie, I'd be in the Eddie out camp if I was English.

I agree, I think he did make mistakes, with both tactics and selection (Burgess.....) but he wasn't helped with the most talented of teams at the times, especially compared with the team currently. I thought the plan with Jones was for him to slowly handover to an English coach but with a panic stations dismissal I suppose they will have to take the best available
I think it's interesting that, after the world cup, England had a huge success using what was basically Lancasters teams. Excluding 2019, it's has been gradually declining since then despite having "better" players.

I think it's interesting that, after the world cup, England had a huge success using what was basically Lancasters teams. Excluding 2019, it's has been gradually declining since then despite having "better" players.
Lancaster's team was frustrating they'd have flashes of doing stuff well but they had serious issue of bottling it (4 successive 2nd place finishes in the 6 nations with 1 loss). Then the entire setup completely lost the plot going into the world cup.

No citing for Genge, which I'm fairly surprised by. Maybe they saw it as more of a retaliation thing that was undeserving of a red.

Yeah can only imagine there was an inciting incident amazed he still got away with it though.

Even if it was retaliation you'd still expect it to be up in front of the beak just because there definitely was contact to the head

Weird, especially since it got no coverage.

I'm honestly much less annoyed about the citing/lack thereof compared to the ref's response during the game, 'we'll check it afterwards' is a stupid attitude in any circumstances.

Latest posts