• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Ireland v England (20/03/2021)

If England don't win they probably end up finishing 5th and considering the raw talent of the team that will be a terrible result. Would that be their worst finish ever?
Before the 6 nations I said that this England squad was too talented to have a full on 2015 WC level disaster but 5th place would be close.
I think we've seen England developing their game plan over the past few weeks, so I don't think finishing 5th would be that much of a disaster so long as we keep moving forwards with our play.

I think we've seen England developing their game plan over the past few weeks, so I don't think finishing 5th would be that much of a disaster so long as we keep moving forwards with our play.

The problem though this isn't a side in transition, Jones has been in charge for a number of years and it's also one of the most, if not the most, experience sides England has had. It's probably is just a blip but they should be doing better than this.

Weren't you arguing in the Autumn that winning is the only thing that matters, doesn't matter how bad we look? ;)

The problem though this isn't a side in transition, Jones has been in charge for a number of years and it's also one of the most, if not the most, experience sides England has had.
That is precisely why I've struggled with our performances since the RWC. And if Jones is trying to change the style of play there's also a big old dogs / new tricks issue.

10 minutes and counting.....

The problem though this isn't a side in transition, Jones has been in charge for a number of years and it's also one of the most, if not the most, experience sides England has had. It's probably is just a blip but they should be doing better than this.
It's our gameplan that's in transition. Eddie has changed the way we play twice now since the WC, firstly in the kick-heavy-whack-'em style so we looked more like the Boks, and now with the shift in attacking style to something a bit more Japanese.

already won I see
Lol, I'm resigned to a far worse defeat.

LXmKMfJ.jpg

More or less, but all the cogent and eloquent arguments to the contrary from the distinguished posters on this most excellent forum convinced me otherwise. Obviously. :D

I'm now just as cynical as you lot!
Knew we'd grind you down in the end.....

Oh make no mistake about it, I'm holding it against you all. I've never been so miserable in my entire life. :p
Welcome to the club. Its far more fun than gratuitous positivity.

Anyway, same again bar Daly in for Slade and Marchant on the bench. Martin was a bad rumour. I think that's fair enough.

What jokers have said we have problems in the centres though? This week's combination is the Saracens fly half and the Saracens full back.

Well people have been saying Daly is more a 13 in the least 4 years.
So we get to see how he is at International level I guess.

ENGLAND XV

15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears, 7 caps)
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 50 caps)
13. Elliot Daly (Saracens, 51 caps)
12. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 92 caps) (C)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 65 caps)
10. George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 76 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 108 caps)
1. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 66 caps)
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 30 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 43 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 47 caps)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 20 caps)
6. Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 22 caps)
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 32 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 60 caps)

FINISHERS

16. Jamie George (Saracens, 58 caps)
17. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 27 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 11 caps)
19. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 8 caps)
20. Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 12 caps)
21. Dan Robson (Wasps, 11 caps)
22. Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors, 5 caps)
23. Joe Marchant (Harlequins, 4 caps)

Slade has played well so far. Hopefully Daly can actually catch the ball this game. When was the last time he played in the centre for England? I assume it's been a few years.

WHY HAVE PAOLO IN THE SQUAD AND NOT USE HIM AND THEN CALL PLAYERS UP AROUND HIM EDDIE YOU ABSOLUTE DOUGHNUT.. Give him back and get lost #wasteofspace

I'm even more convinced now that the only reason him and Randall was in the squad (although Randall was injured after) was to stop them getting capped by Italy and Wales.

Latest posts