• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (13/03/21)

Should be looking to put as many points on Italy as we can. I'd go with a strong a team as possible.

Get that good momentum going into the France game. I feel it will take a hell of an effort to win out in Paris, though.

I think he'll tour personally... if the tour goes ahead. Lloyd would probably be included as a utility back allowing for Evans and Costelow (or whomever depending on Lion's selection) to get the 10 berths.

I hope you're right dude but assuming he takes 3 fly half's and let's assume he leaves Biggar behind there's still Sheedy, Patchell, Ioan Lloyd and Costelow.

Now, you could argue that it might be a bit soon for Costelow (I would disagree but it's a fair argument I suppose) that still leaves 3 fly half's ahead of him and that's before you consider Priestland (though to be honest even I would be shocked if he went)

Hopefully your right and he sees Ioan Lloyd as a utility back with your three 10s being Sheedy, Patchell and Evans but I'd be sad if Costelow missed out as well.

Should be looking to put as many points on Italy as we can. I'd go with a strong a team as possible.

Get that good momentum going into the France game. I feel it will take a hell of an effort to win out in Paris, though.

I agree but I reckon I could play and we'd still put a fair few points on this Italy team.

If we even just had Owens out I'd almost give up hope of us winning in France (it's going to be hard enough winning with everyone fit) so I just think, why risk it. People like Ken and AWJ don't need minutes. You could put both of them in a south East Asian POW camp for a year and throw them into the starting 15 and they'd be good.

I hope you're right dude but assuming he takes 3 fly half's and let's assume he leaves Biggar behind there's still Sheedy, Patchell, Ioan Lloyd and Costelow.

Now, you could argue that it might be a bit soon for Costelow (I would disagree but it's a fair argument I suppose) that still leaves 3 fly half's ahead of him and that's before you consider Priestland (though to be honest even I would be shocked if he went)

Hopefully your right and he sees Ioan Lloyd as a utility back with your three 10s being Sheedy, Patchell and Evans but I'd be sad if Costelow missed out as well.
This will probably be considered crazy talk... and that would be fair but if Sheedy can hold his nerve for the remaining two 6 Nations fixtures and the rest of the club season, he could force his way into the Lions squad :eek:

Last edited:
This will probably be considered crazy talk... and that would be fair but if Sheedy can hold his nerve for the remaining two 6 Nations fixtures and the rest of the club season, he could force his way into the Lions squad :eek:
Probably the best 10 at the moment to be fair. It coincides with a lot of better players being old, terribly out of form or Finn Russell. Him and Paddy Jackson are probably the top two at the moment.

Probably the best 10 at the moment to be fair. It coincides with a lot of better players being old, terribly out of form or Finn Russell. Him and Paddy Jackson are probably the top two at the moment.
In reality I still think it'll be 2 from Sexton, Biggar and Faz... and Finn but you never do know.

You've really got something against Russell haven't you?

You've really got something against Russell haven't you?
Not a guy I'd want at 10 for a side with high aspirations. 1 medal in his locker and the same amount of top half 6 nations finishes in his career doesn't read too well for a 10 who has as much influence on the game as he does. Very entertaining though.

Not a guy I'd want at 10 for a side with high aspirations. 1 medal in his locker and the same amount of top half 6 nations finishes in his career doesn't read too well for a 10 who has as much influence on the game as he does. Very entertaining though.
Scottish fans be like:

1615223829283.gif

So Pivac names his 23 early:

L Williams, LRZ, North, Foxy, Adams, Biggar, Davies, Wyn Jones, Owens, Francis, Hill, AWJ, Navidi, Tipuric, Faletau

Dee, Carre, Brown, Ball, Wainwright, Lloyd Williams, Sheedy, Halaholo

Mad if you ask me but what the **** do I know. Just hope they all come through ok. Good to see Carre on the bench and nice to see Ball getting a send off as well. Not really surprised but I did think he'd at least give Faletau a rest seeing as he's played 2 80 min games for Bath in the fallow weeks.

Mad if you ask me but what the **** do I know. Just hope they all come through ok. Good to see Carre on the bench and nice to see Ball getting a send off as well. Not really surprised but I did think he'd at least give Faletau a rest seeing as he's played 2 80 min games for Bath in the fallow weeks.
Yeah agreed on Faletau, if anyone could've done with a week off it was him. As I said on another thread, I'd have liked Sheedy to have been given a start too but Pivac is obviously very happy with the balance of Biggar starting and Sheedy finishing at the mo. Personally, I like it better the other way around like with Anscombe and Biggar in the build up to RWC2019.

Seems unnecessarily risky - Wales could put out their 3rds and get the BP win,

Risking a number of players who are very injury prone in a nothing game is odd, considering they're going to be going into a grandslam decider against a strong France side a week later. I guess you don't want to go in undercooked, but you don't want to go in battered either

WGJ getting called up to hold tackle pads while Leon Brown somehow gets another international cap is absolutely mad as well - not that I'm complaining too hard, means we get him this weekend, and he remains EQP for another week (/few months, as I doubt he'll be involved vs France if he's not trusted vs Italy)

Yeah agreed on Faletau, if anyone could've done with a week off it was him. As I said on another thread, I'd have liked Sheedy to have been given a start too but Pivac is obviously very happy with the balance of Biggar starting and Sheedy finishing at the mo. Personally, I like it better the other way around like with Anscombe and Biggar in the build up to RWC2019.
Interesting, for now I would have thought Biggar first then Sheedy when the game loosens up. just my opinion

Interesting, for now I would have thought Biggar first then Sheedy when the game loosens up. just my opinion
I thought that pre-Anscombe&Biggar but I came around to Biggar closing a game out having studied it from the stands for 60 minutes as a great option when you have an ageing yet intelligent 10 like Biggar.

I think there are positives and negatives to both ways tbh... and maybe Sheedy finishing a game if chasing would be preferable, while Biggar playing the last 20 or so if already in the lead... obviously there is no way of knowing what a games scoreline will be when selecting the XV & VIII so it just comes down to preference. There is no argument that Sheedy has looked great in the final 30 of a game. I would be interested to see how a Wales team could start a test match with him at 10 though.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. Players who can probably do with a rest playing while ones who probably should be given a chance not.

Latest posts