• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (13/03/21)

Yeah I agree but I can see where he's coming from in the sense that we've only put together phases of nice play especially from an attacking sense so o guess he just sees this Italy game (when we should have a lot more ball) as a opportunity to be more consistent in that area.
I agree that we are not there yet but to lose Faletau, Owens, Wyn Jones, before the France game would be a catastrophe. But if he's using this game to try new things then I would think thats a mistake

Wales have manged to win 3 games but definitely still things to work on, although they do look to be getting better and better each game. Italy don't look great though, they were quite awful against Ireland, not much for Wales to learn, just need the win first then think about the bonus point.
I have no doubt we will beat Italy, but as you say we haven't exactly shone, I don't think you learn too much about yourself plauing against weaker teams, France will be a different proposition we need to be a lot better to beat them methinks.

@bushytop I hear yeah bud and I'd be lying if I said I was not in the slightest bit worried as you've always got to be a bit wary of an early red these days but with the side we've named and the momentum we've got I can't see us scoring any less than 5 tries. To be honest, I reckon we could have it wrapped up at HT but I guess smart money will be on a close-ish game up until the hour mark and then we pull away a bit which won't be good for our blood pressure but either way, we've got this.

There's more chance of me soiling myself today, than it is Wales losing this game.

The margin between Italy and the rest has never been so big.

Wales to put 40+ on the board, Italy won't make 20.

@bushytop I hear yeah bud and I'd be lying if I said I was not in the slightest bit worried as you've always got to be a bit wary of an early red these days but with the side we've named and the momentum we've got I can't see us scoring any less than 5 tries. To be honest, I reckon we could have it wrapped up at HT but I guess smart money will be on a close game-ish up until the hour mark and then we pull away a bit which won't be good for our blood pressure but either way, we've got this.
Yeah the logical part of me is right there with you bud... and having read and listened to the players and coaches within camp, they're saying all the right things. The only thing that sticks in my mind is Italy are gonna turn this streak around at some point, I just hope that it isn't against us.

There's more chance of me soiling myself today, than it is Wales losing this game.

The margin between Italy and the rest has never been so big.

Wales to put 40+ on the board, Italy won't make 20.
1615623401831.gif

Yeah the logical part of me is right there with you bud... and having read and listened to the players and coaches within camp, they're saying all the right things. The only thing that sticks in my mind is Italy are gonna turn this streak around at some point, I just hope that it isn't against us.

Yeah, they ain't turning it round today against a Wales team chasing a Slam though. Hope I haven't just jinxed it. Lol.

I know what you mean, and it's funny isn't it, if you go back a few months then 1000% Italy would've targeted us at home as the game to go all out in and have the best chance of winning given our poor form. Oh how **** can change hey.

Can't see anything but a Wales win, the important thing for me will be the manner of the win, I also want to see the bench come on sooner rather than later.

Maccies, so the outcome could be similar.
Only 5 cans of beer in the fridge, I may pop a bottle of wine in there for safe measure
Just make sure you keep a potty next to the couch then and all of Wales can breathe easy... though the G88 household might struggle.

Luckily I'm the only occupant of the house hold. Probably explains my incontinence...
Ahh, the history of alcohol-related posts is starting to come into focus. Get yourself a missus butt (or a mister... whatever tickles the pickle) I've found I consume far less alcohol since I found MissusTop... I have to share it see.

Ahh, the history of alcohol-related posts is starting to come into focus. Get yourself a missus butt (or a mister... whatever tickles the pickle) I've found I consume far less alcohol since I found MissusTop... I have to share it see.
She didn't stop you from consuming a lot 2 weeks ago :p

to be fair, it is a pain having to go to the fridge myself to grab a Guinness. But she had to go, she was welsh after all

She didn't stop you from consuming a lot 2 weeks ago :p

to be fair, it is a pain having to go to the fridge myself to grab a Guinness. But she had to go, she was welsh after all
You're spot on there like... it still feels like I'm shaking off the remnants of that one. i had last weekend off though, so I can hit it hard today. Campari, Italian Rose & Prosecco cocktails today!

1615629991712.gif

cheers!

You're spot on there like... it still feels like I'm shaking off the remnants of that one. i had last weekend off though, so I can hit it hard today. Campari, Italian Rose & Prosecco cocktails today!

View attachment 9794

cheers!
I got 4 Guinness' a special brewdog stout and a bottle of white wine. Tomorrow maybe a write off

I got a free four pack of their new lager through the other day (ordered pre-christmas I think) so will be cracking them this evening,
Usually hate anything brewdog put out but I feel like it must be hard to screw up a standard lager (/you can't argue with free)
Plus some asahi to wash away the pretentious taste

I've recently got into Leffe, the problem is i probably will not be a state to remember much of the game by the end. :p

Latest posts